Your Book Activity 2024

• Brian. pinned this topic

Just finished The Marriage Question by Claire Carlisle, and have now started The Sorrow of War by Bao Ninh (Reading The World project book for Vietnam)

Edited by willoyd

• 3 weeks later...

Having finished The Sorrows of War, and Benjamin Myers' The Offing, have moved on to the next big one, perhaps THE big one, Ulysses. About 150 pages in, and whilst it's challenging and I'm glad of some help from a reading guide and an annotated edition, I'm loving it.  We'll see how it develops.

1 hour ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Currently reading The Warm Hands of Ghosts by Katherine Arden

I didn't know Arden had a new book out . I will check to see if our library has it yet.

2 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Currently reading The Warm Hands of Ghosts by Katherine Arden

I checked our library and they have the audio-Book version but not the E-Book (kindle). That doesn't make sense to me.

So, I bought the book from Amazon and it is now on my kindle. I will probably start reading it on Friday.

The Winternight Trilogy is still one of my favorites.

Edited by muggle not

39 minutes ago, muggle not said:

I checked our library and they have the audio-Book version but not the E-Book (kindle). That doesn't make sense to me.

So, I bought the book from Amazon and it is now on my kindle. I will probably start reading it on Friday.

That is bizarre. I hope that you enjoy it.

40 minutes ago, muggle not said:

The Winternight Trilogy is still one of my favorites.

Mine too.

I am 25% into The Warm Hands of Ghosts by Katherine Arden and am really impressed with the book. Arden has taken a big leap in her writing. The story, so far. is a joy to read. I am in wonder that a person can write a book with a storyline this good. I hope the book continues to be of my liking.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, muggle not said:

I am 25% into The Warm Hands of Ghosts by Katherine Arden and am really impressed with the book. Arden has taken a big leap in her writing. The story, so far. is a joy to read. I am in wonder that a person can write a book with a storyline this good. I hope the book continues to be of my liking.

I hope so too MN. I loved it, the story gets better and resolves beautifully.

• Like 1

Bought a second hand version of 'Three Trapped Tigers' by Cabrera Infante. Not sure what to expect in terms of quality but I've been looking for this book forever and this appears to be my only option.