Your Book Activity 2024

I must say that I'm enjoying my trip down memory lane. It's been a long time since I : read a paper book and read Stephen King. Currently doing both and since 'Salem's Lot is an early work it's taking me back to a time when there were only paper books, no internet and no mobile phones. My copy even has light damage! 

It's all about the sensory experience, in my humble opinion. I reckon that it'll make the scary bits even more scary.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently reading :

The Full Moon Yearbook, Julie Peters. A factual account of the moon in every month. Only read one chapter so far and it's fascinating. 

Wolf Blood, Steve Morris. A fictional account of a werewolf apocalypse, as recommended by my friend (“read A Witch In Time, now!”) who knows nothing of the current Group Reading theme. Thoroughly enjoying this too.

5 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Currently reading :

The Full Moon Yearbook, Julie Peters. A factual account of the moon in every month. Only read one chapter so far and it's fascinating. 

Wolf Blood, Steve Morris. A fictional account of a werewolf apocalypse, as recommended by my friend (“read A Witch In Time, now!”) who knows nothing of the current Group Reading theme. Thoroughly enjoying this too.

"Wolf Blood" by Steve Morris. Oh, it's a rich and thrilling adventure that really drew me in. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Celeste Ng. 

All I never told you.

Good novel of the lives of a Chinese family in USA. She's a good writer.

The eldest daughter goes missing.

Family intrigue and secrets abound. 

Edited by itsmeagain

• 2 weeks later...

Just started The Custard Boys by John Rae. It's about a group of boys during WW2, too young to fight and bored with nothing happening. Not sure if I'll continue with it, it starts off with the boys relieving their boredom by chasing cats on their bikes which is pretty disturbing. I'm reminded of the bullies in Lord of the Flies, a book I hated.

• Like 1