Bookmarks!

Michelle

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For someone who makes bookmarks, I never use them! How does that happen???? lol. I grab whatever's handing ( napkin, included ) and stuff it into the book to hold my place.:D

Likewise, I never use a bookmark either. I've even been known to use my phone as one :)

I used to use any old thing I could find as a bookmark, but I recently bought a couple of packs of multi-reference bookmarks from Waterstones. They're multi-coloured plastic arrow things which slip over the side of the pages. Not only do I use them as bookmarks but they come in handy for keeping track of my favourite quotes etc until I can jot them down on paper.

I always use the paper bookmarks they give away free at 1/2 Price Books, since my cat loves to chew on the ends and I can't have her doing that to my sparkly Twilight bookmarks! I did just come upon a couple as I was going through my books though - one with a nice drawing of seashells on it and a Borders one with a block print of a woman playing violin and Longfellow on the other side :D.

• 2 weeks later...

I do have lots of bookmarks, my favourite being a cuddly giraffe. However I tend to forget where I put them ( they usually turn up in a handbag ) so I end up using scrap pieces of paper most of the time. :giggle:

I usually use a red leather bookmark I bought at Castle Howard, a stately home my parents dragged me to years and years ago. It doesn't have any special meaning to me; it just works as a bookmark. I was going to say I'm surprised I haven't lost it, but since it's always in a book, then there's little chance that I would ever lose it.

When I read more than one book, I tend to use index cards. I have hundreds, so there's always one to hand.

I have to admit that I mostly use booksmarks that I got in a bookstore ... well, they aren't very pretty but they do the job. But I want to only use bookmarks that are pretty and make me happy :) That's where my bookmark calender comes in very handy (there's always a photo + an inspiring sentence on each bookmark). I love those things <3

Then I've also got a metallic bookmark ... thingie :D in the form of a cute girl that I bought in London and that's why it's special to me :) ... but I just notice I don't really use it - oh no! I could use it to make school stuff a bit more exciting ...

But all in all I love pretty bookmarks but unfortunately, I have way too few :(

Along with the lovely books I got in the mail today, Weave also sent me a cute little Roald Dahl bookmark! It's of The Fantastic Mr. Fox and has a little green tassle hanging from it :D. I love the quote on the back: "Well, my darkling, what shall it be this time? A plump chicken from Boggis? A duck or goose from Bunce? Or a nice turkey from Bean?" Thanks, Weave!!

I have loads of bookmarks, mostly thin card, promotional ones from libraries, bookshops etc, but some 'permanent' ones that have (in the main) been given to me as gifts.

However, although I often start off with a bookmark in the book beside my bed, if I carry a book to other parts of the house, or take it when I go out somewhere the bookmark gets mislaid and I use whatever comes to hand.

I am keeping my place in the current book with a bus ticket, as I took it shopping last week.

I don't think I really have a favorite bookmark.. I usually try to use a different one every time I read because I most times leave the book mark in the book. I'm trying to break my self of this habit.. as I have found my self missing the book marks I've used.

Along with the lovely books I got in the mail today, Weave also sent me a cute little Roald Dahl bookmark! It's of The Fantastic Mr. Fox and has a little green tassle hanging from it :D. I love the quote on the back: "Well, my darkling, what shall it be this time? A plump chicken from Boggis? A duck or goose from Bunce? Or a nice turkey from Bean?" Thanks, Weave!!

You are very welcome hen, still with the Roald Dahl theme, my bookmark is of 'Matilda' and the quote on the back is ~ 'If a little pocket calculator can do it, why shouldn't I?' :D

Edited by Weave

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to use old train tickets as bookmarks and I also have an old bus ticket which I've been using for five years. It's one of those season ticket ones stuck on to a strip of card which the driver then stamps until it's full. Transport is so costly, I don't like the thought of simply abandoning one's used tickets. I feel I need to get my money's worth by giving them another function.

I collect bookmarks and I treasure them all, this is my most recent one from one of my friends, it's lovely :) ~

Bookmark.jpg

I am currently using my Roald Dahl's 'The Twits' bookmark, which says ~ 'A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly'

:)