Bookmarks!

Michelle

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had to google 'book thongs' to really get what you're referring to. I think those book thongs are a fabulous idea, maybe even handier and more practical than a mere bookmark! I might have to create my own book thong someday :D Glad to learn new things!

Oh by thongs you Australians are referring to flip-flops :lol: The same language, but oh so many variations on word meanings :(

Well I've just designed 20 simple bookmarks in the space of a few minutes! Just have to get the bits and bobs to make them now. Think I'll be handing them out in work since I found out yesterday that most of my colleagues bend the pages :D

A very well-aimedrandom act of kindness! :D

I have to admit that I always bend the pages, unless I am reading a library book. Is that really awful?

I wouldn't do it myself but hey you can do whatever you want with your own books, each to their own right? :friends0:

I agree, it's fine to do what you like to your own books, but I'll admit that if I saw you doing it, I'd probably be heartily sick! I once nearly threw up when, in an episode of JAG, Harm overcame the problem of Mac not having enough room to pack both her half-read paperbacks by tearing them in half! Dale laughed at me, but I was almost in tears over those books!

Edited by Kell
terrible typos - eek!

I agraa, it's fine to do what yu like to your own books, but I'll admit that if I saw you doing it, I'd probably be heartily sick! I once nearly threw up when, in an episode of JAG, Harm overcame the problem of Mac not having enough room to pack both her half-read paperbacks by tearing them in half! Dale laughed at me, but I was almost in tears over those books!

I felt sick reading that Kell, no wonder you were almost in tears :friends0:

Why do it Kimmy, you could have so many pretty bookmarks :lol:

You all are gonna dislike me even more now, but I DESPISE bookmarks - I find them a waste of time, because...

Wait for it.....

You are so gonna NOT like this.....

:motz:

:smile2:

:D

I just chuck the books I read in my big bag, and the bookmarks generally fall out. So, what's the point ? With an earmark I will always find the page I am on :D

Hardback, paperback - no matter. If the books are owned by me, I use them in the way I like. That is also why I would never even think of borrowing books - why put myself and the other person through the stress of thinking that I may accidentally earmark a page :roll:

Over the years I've bought many bookmarks but never actually used them, I normally just memorise the page number or flick through the book till I get back to the right place. Last year when I was reading The Historian it was annoying flicking through so many pages that I ended up using a lenght of purple ribbon that I was using for my wedding reception. I finally found a book mark I love and always use it now.

I just chuck the books I read in my big bag, and the bookmarks generally fall out. So, what's the point?

I've heard this point a lot, and it mystifies me :lol:. Surely if you placed the book with the spine facing the bottom of the bag (which is the kindest place to put it anyway, as you risk less bumping of the cover and such) there is no possible way that a bookmark could fall out :)?

there is no possible way that a bookmark could fall out :)?

Trust me, it can - which is why I gave up on them. My bag is HUGE and I generally rumble around in it lots during the day, getting bits in and out and nothing stays in the bag the way I initially put it in :lol:

But I really like Ned's idea with the post it note - I can't believe I never thought of that! I shall do this from now on and see how I go with that. Thanks for the tip!

Trust me, it can - which is why I gave up on them. My bag is HUGE and I generally rumble around in it lots during the day, getting bits in and out and nothing stays in the bag the way I initially put it in :)

But I really like Ned's idea with the post it note - I can't believe I never thought of that! I shall do this from now on and see how I go with that. Thanks for the tip!

Are you related to Mary Poppins then :)

My latest book is a hardback and it has one of them silk bookmark things in it :lol:

I use the little Post-it sticky flags - they're smaller than post it notes and generally stay sticky for longer than Post-it notes so if I read quite quickly, I can use a single flag for several books. Ther added bonus is that you can stick them to the page exactly where you left off so you never have to re-read till you find your spot. :lol:

I have a really nice one that had been lost and has recently turned up. Its a large brown leather with the "Rohan" emblem from Lord of the Rings. I also have a nice felt girly one!

Good stuff Katrina, its nice that your lost bookmark has turned uo again :D