Bookmarks!

Michelle

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I now have a lovely magnetic Tom Kitten by Beatrix Potter bookmark. I love it :motz:

I've got that one as well ;)

And a Benjamin Bunny one. Also got quite a lot Winnie the Pooh ones and two Little Miss ones. Little Miss Naughty and Little Miss Giggles in fact ;)

At the moment I have an Amazon message (from a gift) in one book and a note from Gyre- with a lovely picture on- in the other. My sister took my bookcrossing bookmark out my copy of The Hunchback so I think I will have to clear my desk to find it

My mom sent me a bookmark in the mail! Its so cool. Its one of those magnetic ones. It is a dolphin. She believes dolphins are good luck (she is really superstitious :D). It decorates a book really nice. Definitely a keeper for me. Moms rock! :D

My husband has just done the cutest thing for me. Because i'm reading Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy he made me a bookmark with the words 'don't panick written in big friendly letters' across the middle. And a picture of the paranoid android Marvin.

Awww jewell that is so sweet! Having just treated myself to a the snazziest, ultimatest edition of Hitchhikers that money can buy (five books in one plus a short story, bound in black leather with gold lettering and gilt edged paper) I am quite jealous... I want a DONT PANIC bookmark too!!!

Awww jewell that is so sweet! Having just treated myself to a the snazziest, ultimatest edition of Hitchhikers that money can buy (five books in one plus a short story, bound in black leather with gold lettering and gilt edged paper) I am quite jealous... I want a DONT PANIC bookmark too!!!

You could use a towel. That way you'd know where it is. :D

I have several, but I always prefer to use floppier bookmarks than rigid ones. Not sure why, bit that's how it is.

At the moment my floppy bookmark is of the German Underground Hospital in Jersey.

I'm the same, my Mum bought me a beautiful metal one for christmas that has a butterfly on top with purple gems in it, but I don't use it much. My dad actually gave me a new one today from his new consignment of thai gifts, it's a floppy one with pressed flowers on it, very pretty!

P.S. I have a book about that hospital in Jersey :D

You could use a towel. That way you'd know where it is.
Witty, very witty; I approve :D!

I'm now the proud owner of a snazzy parchment-y, sepia-y looking Shakespeare bookmark courtesy of the Britis library shop (which may or may not have also seduced me into buying some very posh writing implements...) - look at how contented I am: :irked::D:D!

I have a folded piece of squared A5 paper with the signatures of people I moved away from on it; it's a nice reminder of them and the times we shared. It's laminated, and I'm scared to death I'll lose it, as I always otherwise tend to do.

Yeah, a bit of sentimentality on a bookmark. Who'd have thought?

I have a Book Mooch bookmark in the book Second Glance I got as a bookring via Bookcrossing this week. That is why I was wondering whether to join it or not!!

I know isn't it great. I must say though, that book sounds fantastic! Do you mind if i ask where did you get it from and how much?

You could use a towel. That way you'd know where it is. :)

I love it! :)

I was given a beautiful Egyptian papyrus bookmark last week at work, and then the next day a book arrived for me to review - and it's set in ancient Egypt! Perfect timing, or what? The two go perfectly together. :D

I was given a beautiful Egyptian papyrus bookmark last week at work, and then the next day a book arrived for me to review - and it's set in ancient Egypt! Perfect timing, or what? The two go perfectly together. :lol:

I love my papyrus bookmarks, they look beautiful and as I bought them myself when I was in Egypt, they bring back happy memories too. :D

• 2 weeks later...