Looking for that "feeling"

Virginia

With the world (people) being what they are, I've found myself being more inclined to interact from the comfort of my laptop. Unfortunately, people being what they are, I am finding that Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram aren't the friendliest spaces to be in. So I'm trying to find that space where it just feels right. 

What I've found is that I miss blogs. Sadly, the blogs that I used to frequent are no longer active and I find myself revisiting old blogs, wondering where these people are, did they make it thru the pandemic, are they still passionate about the things that drew me to their blogs in the first place. I know we can't go back but I sure wish I could recapture those good vibes from great blogs!

• Like 2

It is a shame. I don’t have Facebook, but I use Twitter sometimes. I try to avoid all of the drama but it’s hard not to come away feeling annoyed. People seem determined to misunderstand each other. 
Also increasingly finding that really disturbing images and videos pop up in my ‘recommended’ feed 😕

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I rejoined Facebook,  but only to get some information on someone.  I am very curmudgeonly these days and don't like people. I like the suggestions for friends Facebook keeps sending me. I cannot remember meeting them, but they very good looking. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, KEV67 said:

I rejoined Facebook,  but only to get some information on someone.  I am very curmudgeonly these days and don't like people. I like the suggestions for friends Facebook keeps sending me. I cannot remember meeting them, but they very good looking. 

Please be very careful about who you accept as a friend. 

I agree with Luna, I only accept as friends people I know, or have known, eg ex work or school, in person, even if someone is a mutual friend of a "real" friend of mine,I don't accept them.  The suggestions can be very random sometimes.