Torchwood 2

wiccibat

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, yeah! I tried not to give too much away, but I guess some of it was a spoiler. :D

Prospero, thank you for enlightening me! ;)

I couldn't believe it - naked Jack, and my video picks that moment to jump. :D Perhaps it got over-excited.

I just added in some spolier tags there.

There was a lot of information and it may be spoilt for someone who hasn't quite caught up yet.

Not meaning to be a 'spoil' sport ;)

Not sure about anybody else but if I haven't yet seen a TV programme when it's aired, then I avoid threads about it like the plague :D

It's a different matter if it's a downloaded show or similar I suppose

Well they should! There's nothing to stop you watching it on BBC2 again the following week.

Me, I can't get enough of

Jack with his shirt off! ;)

I like to watch the one episode a week, I avoid spoilers but I do like to talk about the one aired on bbc2.

Not everyone watches the next one on bbc3.

I meant the usual terrestrial pace, I'd class the BBC3 one as 'ahead of time'

By using spoiler tags it means we don't exclude anyone from the conversation and they can comment on what they'e seen without feeling a spoiler might be just around the corner.

I don't like the idea of anyone avoiding threads in case someone might say something to ruin their enjoyment. This way, if you've seen it you can read it and if you haven't, you can run back and read it when you have.

By using spoiler tags it means we don't exclude anyone from the conversation and they can comment on what they'e seen without feeling a spoiler might be just around the corner.

I don't like the idea of anyone avoiding threads in case someone might say something to ruin their enjoyment. This way, if you've seen it you can read it and if you haven't, you can run back and read it when you have.

It's ok, I'm a bit anal about spoilers. I even avoid writing any in my blog as I've had several books spoilt for me on here by people posting stuff in random threads, such is life I suppose.

Well, that was more like an episode! I really enjoyed that one.

It was very interesting finding out how the Torchwood team got together. I'll put the rest in spoilers just in case...

Jack's story was good. Those Torchwood women were right sadistic little :censored:s!

The two best stories for me were Tosh's and Owen's. First Tosh - I've always liked her, but she's always been a fairly one-dimensional character, ie the "techno geek". It was good to see another side to her and her devotion to her mother. I felt so sorry for her when she was stuck in that cell. Poor Tosh.

Owen's story made me look on his character much more kindly. I've never really liked him, but this really showed me why he is like he is. His devotion to his financee and his devastation at what happened to her was really touching. He has gone up in my estimation! It was also quite creepy when he woke up in hospital after Jack chloroformed him and everyone was denying what had happened, but he remembered and was trying to convince everyone he wasn't mad. (Incidentally, why was he not given that amnesia drug by Jack? Or was he, and it didn't work properly like with Gwen?)

The only poor story I thought was Ianto's. Owen and Tosh had proper motivation behind their reasons for joining Torchwood - Ianto just whined and pleaded for a job like a child nagging for sweets until Jack gave in. (And Jack only gave in because he fancied him.) Pathetic. :friends0: It confirmed my already low opinion of him.

And then the trailer for next week's final episode! Spike, er I mean James Marsters, back! Hurrah!! Should be excellent. :lol:

Spoilered, just in case anyone hasn't caught up with the finale yet..

Well, I'm not going to get caught up thinking about the time travel/paradox stuff, and just say that I really enjoyed that finale. I particularly liked the fact that there was no huge alien monster etc.. just some twisted hatred, and some sad deaths!

****** typical.

Just as I finally connected emotionally with the characters, they went and killed off two of the ones I liked. ;)

That was a good episode, but depressing. It was good to see Spike (I mean Captain John) again, and even better to find out that he was being forced to do what he was doing, and not just doing it because he was evil (though I suppose he could have refused - but he wasn't noble enough to sacrifice himself!)

The bit where Jack was buried... Alright, he can't die, but nearly 2,000 years buried alive? Surely he would have gone insane? Just try and imagine being buried for that amount of time. *shudder*

As for poor old Tosh and Owen... I never really liked Owen until last week's episode, when it showed his backstory - then I warmed to him. His death was horrifying, but very well done, with the raging and then the acceptance.

Poor Tosh - I've always liked her character. When they were both dying and Owen was raging, and she told him to stop because he was breaking her heart... I was in tears (in fact I'm nearly in tears just typing this now!). Such wasted time, when they could have got together, but Owen only realised when it was too late. :irked:

I really do think Jack should have killed Gray, instead of freezing him. He's obviously gonna come back at some point in the future to wreak more havoc. And I did think Rhys would get killed, now he knows all about Torchwood. Why the hell couldn't Ianto have got killed instead? I can't stand him! Grr.

All in all, a very emotional episode, and well written, I thought. Torchwood certainly improved in the last few episodes.

Re Owen...

I dunno, I thought he guessed (or at least strongly suspected) that something had happened to Tosh, because of her breathing and the long silences... Perhaps I am just crediting him with too much intelligence!

As for the acceptance, I thought he was a) trying not to upset Tosh (who blamed herself) because he did have some feelings for her (but realised too late) and ;) realised that there was no point in raging as it couldn't change what was going to happen. But that's just my opinion!

Your opinion of Owen is like mine of Ianto!

Yep, he does an excellent English accent. I used to love hearing him on Buffy and Angel using English swear words that the Americans probably didn't have a clue about. Great stuff. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think the last episode was fantastic but so so sad.

It had me in tears. (Evil TW making me cry twice! ;)) ;)

I think the saddest scene (apart from the dying ones) was when Owen was shouting and Tosh told him to stop because he was breaking her heart. That was what started the tears.

I have always liked Tosh and was really upset when Gray killed her. (Why couldn't Gwen die!?)

Owen on the other hand is a totally different story:

I liked him at the beginning of s1 then didn't like him near the end and then loved him in s2.

So not fair that when the 2nd best couple (1st being Jack/Ianto of course!) start getting closer it's too late

:readingtwo: Mia how can you hate Ianto? He's amazing!!! Sweet, kind and funny.(Hot too :lol:)

Plus him being with Jack is an added bonus in my opinion :D

Also originally it was going to be Ianto that Copley shot but Russell changed it because he was intrigued by a doctor doing his own autopsy.

I think the saddest scene (apart from the dying ones) was when Owen was shouting and Tosh told him to stop because he was breaking her heart. That was what started the tears.

Yep, that started me off too. :lol:

:readingtwo: Mia how can you hate Ianto? He's amazing!!! Sweet, kind and funny.(Hot too ;))

Also originally it was going to be Ianto that Copley shot but Russell changed it because he was intrigued by a doctor doing his own autopsy.

There is nothing I like about Ianto! I don't find him attractive, he is very annoying and whiny. Plus, what does he actually do apart from get it together with Jack? Russell should have stuck with the original plan! Sorry OnyxAngel! ;)