Hello I’m New 😊

NikkiJayne

Hello

I’m Nikki and I’m excited to be here, I’ve been looking for an online community for a while to connect with like minded bookworms.  I’ve tried places like Goodreads and StoryGraph but it feels far too competitive.

I enjoy reading for pleasure and enjoyment and love to chat to others too.  So hoping to make some bookish friends 😊 

I”m 37, married and Mam to three children and cat servant to two from Northumberland, UK 🇬🇧 

I look forward to chatting

Nikki

Well hello and welcome!  I'm Luna and only been a member for just over a year so consider myself fairly new here too.

I live in Scotland and am a carer - which isn't as simple as it sounds but I'd guess having three children you probably know that.

I'm on Goodreads too but like it better here. I hope that you like us too!

12 minutes ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Well hello and welcome!  I'm Luna and only been a member for just over a year so consider myself fairly new here too.

I live in Scotland and am a carer - which isn't as simple as it sounds but I'd guess having three children you probably know that.

I'm on Goodreads too but like it better here. I hope that you like us too!

ooh whereabouts in Scotland, was up in Dunbar last week 😃 

I work in a care home, so reading is my way to destress

29 minutes ago, NikkiJayne said:

ooh whereabouts in Scotland, was up in Dunbar last week 😃 

I work in a care home, so reading is my way to destress

Glasgow.

I care for a single person, my father, but I live in his house so it can be difficult. Couldn't work in a care home though, way too stressful for me. At least you get to leave it behind for a while 🙂 easier said than done, I know.

• Like 1

Just now, lunababymoonchild said:

Glasgow.

I care for a single person, my father, but I live in his house so it can be difficult. Couldn't work in a care home though, way too stressful for me. At least you get to leave it behind for a while 🙂 easier said than done, I know.

Yup you got that right, it is easier said than done!

Hence why I read! 

Luckily I’m just the cleaner, but it still hard work and pulls at your heart strings 

I hope you’ll find it friendlier here Nikki! 😄

I love your ‘cat servant’ description - they truly do rule the house. Pet pictures are very welcome here by the way… 😁

I look forward to hearing more about the kind of books you like! 

12 minutes ago, Hayley said:

I hope you’ll find it friendlier here Nikki! 😄

I love your ‘cat servant’ description - they truly do rule the house. Pet pictures are very welcome here by the way… 😁

I look forward to hearing more about the kind of books you like! 

Okily dokily! Noted on the pet pictures

is there a board specifically for them ?

26 minutes ago, NikkiJayne said:

Okily dokily! Noted on the pet pictures

is there a board specifically for them ?

Actually, there hasn’t been one posted yet this year! You can find past years on the general board but I just created one for us to use this year:

Hi and welcome, I love Northumberland and have visited a couple of times, hope to do so again at some point.

I'm a dog lover but will forgive you for your cats!  There is a separate pet thread in the Lounge/General Chat sections.

do you have any favourite authors?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 1:15 PM, NikkiJayne said:

Hello

I’m Nikki and I’m excited to be here, I’ve been looking for an online community for a while to connect with like minded bookworms.  I’ve tried places like Goodreads and StoryGraph but it feels far too competitive.

I enjoy reading for pleasure and enjoyment and love to chat to others too.  So hoping to make some bookish friends 😊 

I”m 37, married and Mam to three children and cat servant to two from Northumberland, UK 🇬🇧 

I look forward to chatting

Nikki

Nice to meet you. What sort of books do you like?