What are you watching 2023

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Madeleine said:

I'm enjoying The Rig on Amazon Prime, 4 episodes in (out of 6), plus of course the peerless Happy Valley.

I've read mixed reviews about The Rig but I might give it a shot and see how it goes. 

On 1/22/2023 at 8:11 PM, Brian. said:

I've read mixed reviews about The Rig but I might give it a shot and see how it goes. 

Just watched the last episode and not sure about the ending, not how I expected it to finish.

I'm also watching The Last of  Us over on Sky Atlantic, which has a similar type of theme, but is set in Boston, US.

• 1 month later...

I am watching Daisy Jones & the Six on Amazon Prime. This is an awesome TV Series. I recommend it to all adults. Episodes 1 and 2 are a build-up to the meaty part of the series and it just keeps getting better and better each episode. Great Series!!

22 hours ago, muggle not said:

I am watching Daisy Jones & the Six on Amazon Prime. This is an awesome TV Series. I recommend it to all adults. Episodes 1 and 2 are a build-up to the meaty part of the series and it just keeps getting better and better each episode. Great Series!!

I think we have this available here. Might give it a go 😊

On 3/21/2023 at 9:15 PM, muggle not said:

13 hours ago, poppy said:

I think we have this available here. Might give it a go 😊

There are 11 total Episodes I believe. I have watched 9 Episodes so far and am waiting for Episode 10 to come out this Friday. Each Episode is better than the previous Episode. I really, really, like this TV Series and believe you will also. 

• Like 1

I did some "Google" searching and found that all the Band Members in the TV Series do the actual performing of the music and singing. For those that may not know who the actress is that plays Daisy Jones, it is Riley Keough who is the granddaughter of Elvis Presley. I think she does an outstanding job acting and singing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 10:47 PM, muggle not said:

I did some "Google" searching and found that all the Band Members in the TV Series do the actual performing of the music and singing. For those that may not know who the actress is that plays Daisy Jones, it is Riley Keough who is the granddaughter of Elvis Presley. I think she does an outstanding job acting and singing.

I've just started watching this, only seen the first 2 so far.  The music is great isn't it, both the classic stuff and the music written for the show, and yes they all sing really well. 

On 4/4/2023 at 12:05 PM, Madeleine said:

I've just started watching this, only seen the first 2 so far.  The music is great isn't it, both the classic stuff and the music written for the show, and yes they all sing really well. 

Yes, I enjoy the music. The actors/actresses are very good musically.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 1:15 AM, muggle not said:

|Just finished watching this, I really enjoyed it (though the episode set in Greece felt a bit like a filler,and was probably the weakest), have you seen it all yet muggle?

Spoiler

I was in bits!

I loved the clothes, much better than I remember most things from the 70s! Maybe they had better fashion in the US back then.

Edited by Madeleine

• 1 month later...

Watching the TV series 'When the Boat Comes In'. This first came out in the mid 70s, I watched it then but don't know if I saw the whole series. Set in Tyneside just after WW1, where the predominant work was down the coal mines or ship building. Am finding the politics and trade union movement very interesting but it was the depression and the poverty was appalling. Some of the accents are very broad and I miss some words but pick up most of it. Am thoroughly enjoying.

Edited by poppy
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2023 at 3:35 PM, Madeleine said:

|Just finished watching this, I really enjoyed it (though the episode set in Greece felt a bit like a filler,and was probably the weakest), have you seen it all yet muggle?

Hide contents

I was in bits!

I loved the clothes, much better than I remember most things from the 70s! Maybe they had better fashion in the US back then.

I watched every episode and would rank it a 4.5/5. Good and interesting series.

• Thanks 1

We have finally got around to watching a short series we 'recorded' a very long time ago. It was 'Britain's Great Cathedrals' presented by Tony Robinson of Blackadder, and Time Team fame. 

A really engaging series.