What Are You Up To Today?

Virginia

15 hours ago, Virginia said:

I've spent the last few days prepping for the new year. I took down the decorations the day after Christmas and spent a couple of days filing in the new planner and setting up the new budget. I love the feeling of accomplishment coming into a new year. I'm also preparing for our anniversary cruise to Cozumel at the end of the month. 

I like to get things ready for take off into the new year too, sometimes even if it's just in my thoughts. :)

1 hour ago, Madeleine said:

Wow the cruise sounds lovely!

I can only second this, Virginia! Sounds wonderful. Happy Anniversary! 💖

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well spring has finally sprung, for a couple of days at least, and I gave the back lawn (use the term loosely) it's first cut of the year, then planted some seeds, mainly cosmos and cornflowers, plus some sweetpeas I planted the other day.  Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine.

It’s my day off today and I’m planning to spend as much of it as possible in the garden. 

I have a lot of bugloss in the front garden (I know it’s technically a weed but I like having some because the bees seem to like it!). The clematis is trying to eat the little apple tree, so I’ll try to free it without cutting too much clematis away. And the pretty rose has black spot. I’ve heard sugar water helps, so I’m going to try spraying it with that!

51 minutes ago, Hayley said:

It’s my day off today and I’m planning to spend as much of it as possible in the garden. 

I have a lot of bugloss in the front garden (I know it’s technically a weed but I like having some because the bees seem to like it!). The clematis is trying to eat the little apple tree, so I’ll try to free it without cutting too much clematis away. And the pretty rose has black spot. I’ve heard sugar water helps, so I’m going to try spraying it with that!

I always wondered what those blue flowers were, they're a lovely colour and I suppose if the bees like it!

My roses have always had black spot, it doesn't seem to stop them flowering but doesn't look very nice.

5 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Thanks for the recommendation @Hayley

I can’t take credit for that one, I think it was @Madeleine who recommend the author 😄.

5 hours ago, Madeleine said:

My roses have always had black spot, it doesn't seem to stop them flowering but doesn't look very nice.

I wouldn’t mind if it didn’t affect them but I seemed to get a lot less flowers last year and I’m assuming the black spot is why! 

• 1 month later...

I have no idea where to put this so I'll put it here and if mods/Admin want to they can move it somewhere more appropriate.

I used an app to catalogue all of my paper books and then more recently my e-books (yes I know, there is a copy of every e-book I own somehwere else, I just like looking up the one directory to see what I've got). I only found out by complete accident that the app is no more, although it still works but I assume it won't be updated/flaws ironed out, so not wanting to lose the data or re-scan my books (there are upwards of 700 now) I am attemptinng to export a .CSV file to another app. I've backed up everything should it go pear-shaped but this is something that I hadn't thought of. Just incase anybody else needs to be told.

Edited by lunababymoonchild

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Madeleine said:

That sounds awful, hope you're OK. Not the best way to start the week.

The numbness has worn off and 2 Paracetamol have done the trick. It was the hunger pains that were the problem. I had breakfast at 8am and nothing until about 3.30 and my stomach thought that my throat had been cut! - sorted now

1 hour ago, poppy said:

So glad you're feeling better @lunababymoonchild. Tooth extractions can be quite traumatic when they take that long :empathy:

It was quite traumatic, I have to say. And a lot of pushing, which I wasn't expecting. My father was very concerned, in the waiting room, and started to pace up and down. Fortunately my brother was with him so that was fine. Both my father and me are completely exhausted now but there's no pain so I'm fine.

• Like 1