What Are You Up To Today?

Virginia

11 minutes ago, poppy said:

First day home after spending three in hospital. Feeling very unwell on Tuesday and hubby ended up ringing 111 for an ambulance Wednesday morning. Turns out new blood pressure med I was given had dropped my sodium levels very low. 

Oh, Poppy! You must have been feeling so rough with that, Glad you are home, and hopefully you are feeling better, :hug:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, poppy said:

First day home after spending three in hospital. Feeling very unwell on Tuesday and hubby ended up ringing 111 for an ambulance Wednesday morning. Turns out new blood pressure med I was given had dropped my sodium levels very low. 

Oh no! I'm glad you're back at home now and I hope you're feeling back to your normal self!

• Like 1

Taking it relatively easy today after working nights the last few nights. I'm catching up on some home admin at the moment and then the plan is to go for an easy paced run and then relax with a book or two this evening.

Glad to hear you are feeling better @poppy

• Like 2

Am now Covid free!  Celebrated with a short walk around the local nature reserve, didn't get out of breath or anything so hopefully will start doing some shorter walks again.

It was nice having the extra hour in bed this morning as well, though it does feel like a long day!

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 9:00 AM, poppy said:

Glad you're feeling better and they got it sorted!

I'm sitting in my favorite chair, waiting on the hubby to finish his portion of dinner cooking. My mother and sister in law came up for a visit. Sis in law made a causal mention of coming to visit but didn't remind us so I had ot rush out and get stuff for dinner! Mother in love is ensconced in her favorite recliner watching WWF Wrestling (90 yo) and cackling! Sis in law is in the kitchen harassing her big brother! It's so funny, they are both the youngest of 9. Sister in law came 16 years after my hubby and she was a HUGE surprise!!🤣

The fireplace has been lite and the pup is roasting himself in front of it. It's dreary and drizzly, perfect weather for eating and napping.

• Like 1

Nice to see lots of good news today! :) 

I didn't have a great start to my Sunday (I work with some companies based in other countries and the UK clocks going back caused some confusion!) but then my boyfriend cooked a lovely Sunday roast, I visited my parents and I was given cake. I had a nice Zoom catch up with a friend, making plans for something I'm really excited about, and did some satisfying organising. The good definitely outweighed the bad :lol:

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 3:00 PM, poppy said:

My mother in law nearly died due to low sodium levels caused by her asthma meds. She was in hospital for a week. Here in France they automatically test everyone over about 60 if they're admitted to hospital because salt deficiency is surprisingly common, especially among those who drink a lot of tea.

• Thanks 1

Off on a ten minute downhill walk to our town centre for some shopping; the downside being, when laden with goodies, it is, naturally a ten minute walk UPhill to return home! Has to be done though, I have developed this weird habit of eating every day, to stay alive!

32 minutes ago, France said:

My mother in law nearly died due to low sodium levels caused by her asthma meds. She was in hospital for a week. Here in France they automatically test everyone over about 60 if they're admitted to hospital because salt deficiency is surprisingly common, especially among those who drink a lot of tea.

Thank you so much for that, France! I DO normally drink a lot of tea, (albeit very weak tea) but no-one has mentioned that connection to me, at all! You're the third person to tell me about an elderly relative who nearly died from low sodium. The fact she was in hospital for a week is also reassuring because I was expecting to bounce back immediately.

I hope your mother-in-law has now fully recovered x 🥰

14 minutes ago, timebug said:

Off on a ten minute downhill walk to our town centre for some shopping; the downside being, when laden with goodies, it is, naturally a ten minute walk UPhill to return home! Has to be done though, I have developed this weird habit of eating every day, to stay alive!

Such a jolly, darned nuisance, isn't it! 🤣

I had a fairly relaxed Saturday because I didn’t have to work this morning! I even did a bit of online shopping and bought myself a book. We had a letter from The Horse Trust, addressed to the lady who used to live in this house. I was wondering whether I should let them know that she passed away, but it wasn’t a subscription or anything, just a Christmas brochure and a letter asking for support. I had just been thinking about how lucky we are that the woman who lived here left us such a lovely garden (after picking a big bag of apples from the three little apple trees!) so I bought a purple poppy and a pretty edition of Black Beauty from the brochure - which I hope she would have been happy with! 

Now time to curl up on the sofa with Lilly (my dog) and a hot chocolate :) 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hayley said:

so I bought a purple poppy and a pretty edition of Black Beauty from the brochure - which I hope she would have been happy with! 

Now time to curl up on the sofa with Lilly (my dog) and a hot chocolate :) 

I learned to read with Black Beauty - my mother was reading it to me and answered the phone and I got so frustrated at the wait that I picked it up and discovered I could make out all the words. I must have read it about 20 times between the ages of 6 -10.

I spent yesterday visiting my first grandchild, aged 5 days. I'm every bit as besotted as your stereotypical grandmother.

47 minutes ago, France said:

I learned to read with Black Beauty - my mother was reading it to me and answered the phone and I got so frustrated at the wait that I picked it up and discovered I could make out all the words. I must have read it about 20 times between the ages of 6 -10.

I don't remember learning to read at all and I don't remember ever not being able to read, that's how often my mother read to me. I still haven't read Black Beauty though.

48 minutes ago, France said:

I spent yesterday visiting my first grandchild, aged 5 days. I'm every bit as besotted as your stereotypical grandmother.

Very many congratulations to you and yours.  

Not much, tried to get to the big local Sainsbury's but couldn't due to the access road being flooded, so turned round and went to the local one instead.  it's rained nearly all day, is a bit sunnier now but will be dark soon and it's too soggy to go for a walk!  Even the garden is now squelching underfoot!

I have this week off work, I’m not going anywhere this time around, just having the week to myself at home, but I am so ready for it. I’m planning on getting a few chores done today, so it frees up the rest of the week and then I am going to just relax, curl up under a blanket and read. The weather here is miserable too so it’s even more of an incentive to hibernate for the week.

5 hours ago, Kudz said:

I have this week off work, I’m not going anywhere this time around, just having the week to myself at home, but I am so ready for it. I’m planning on getting a few chores done today, so it frees up the rest of the week and then I am going to just relax, curl up under a blanket and read. The weather here is miserable too so it’s even more of an incentive to hibernate for the week.

I try to do the same thing at least once a year if I can. I always feel that it's the ideal way for me to decompress and kind of reset.

I'm currently waiting around for a delivery of parts so I can build my new PM tomorrow. 

On 11/6/2022 at 1:49 PM, France said:

That’s brilliant 😄 

On 11/6/2022 at 1:49 PM, France said:

Congratulations!

8 hours ago, Kudz said:

then I am going to just relax, curl up under a blanket and read. The weather here is miserable too so it’s even more of an incentive to hibernate for the week.

That sounds amazing. Do you know what you’ll be reading?