What Are You Up To Today?

Virginia

12 hours ago, muggle not said:

Beautiful Rainbow last night. I have never seen one so bright. Actually it was a double rainbow. My photo doesn't do it justice.

TV had a photo of the rainbow on the news last night. They said that it was a perfect rainbow. Bright and spectacular.

Gorgeous photos, Muggle. Now that is a perfect rainbow! 🌈

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn't think where else to put this so apologies if it's in the wrong section, but does anyone know of any organisation which accepts old prescription glasses?  I have several pairs clogging up a drawer, and would love to pass them onto somewhere that can use them.  My optician used to take them until they changed to Boots, have tried searching on Google but all it does is bring up more search engines.  Hopefully somewhere in London/Essex.

28 minutes ago, Madeleine said:

Couldn't think where else to put this so apologies if it's in the wrong section, but does anyone know of any organisation which accepts old prescription glasses?  I have several pairs clogging up a drawer, and would love to pass them onto somewhere that can use them.  My optician used to take them until they changed to Boots, have tried searching on Google but all it does is bring up more search engines.  Hopefully somewhere in London/Essex.

Specsavers take them in for charity. Info here

• 3 weeks later...

Today is starting off grey and misty with promises of sunnier weather later this afternoon. This morning me, my daughter and six grands are going to a homeschool coop orientation. We're REALLY excited about it! The kids will meet other children and we can start signing them up for classes and field trips. They've been pretty isolated during covid so they are especially ready to mingle.

After the orientation, we may pop over to the State Fair. It's military day so I can get all but two of us in free. If we don't do that, we may go to the zoo. Last month I purchased yearly memberships to the zoo and to the children's interactive museum. I love that we don't have to come out of pocket a $100 per visit (six kids and two adults). The day is before us and promising! 

I met a couple of friends for lunch, which was really nice.  The day started off sunny but by the time we met it was a bit cloudy with a chilly wind, so we sat inside the cafe, they had a few outside tables but inside looked better, plus it's on a very busy road so would have been quite noisy with the traffic (and pollution of course...) but a nice afternoon.

• Like 1

A most relaxing morning. 

I have a college assignment to work on so I will be doing that for a few hours. Hopefully I will get another hour of reading in afterwards. Then I will probably watch a few episodes of Supernatural or Walker or both 😁

IMG_20221016_091518.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

@MissMohawkI love your teapot too and my ideal is tea, biscuits and a book - I've read all of Discovery of Witches books and they are incredible!

As for me, trying to keep warm today will be the priority as is reading the new Rebus with a little Bargello.

There's a Facebook group led by the author, Deborah Harkness dedicated to all things Discovery of Witches, Xiao is also apart of it. You should join!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/allsoulstrilogy/

• Like 2

I am off to my town centre shortly to renew my annual contract on my mobile phone. Called in ten days ago as I was in the area, and the place was empty but a spotty young school leaver (who worked there!) told me I could 'have an appointment in forty minutes...?' I pointed out that in forty minutes I would be back home; the point of my being there THEN was that I expected to be dealt with THEN and not in forty minutes!

I had a similar slightly surreal shopping experience yesterday - bought a few bits in Wilko, of course all their tills are now self-service, with one member of staff keeping an eye in case anyone had any problems (rather than actually being on the checkout in the first place).  Anyway when I'd finished paying and basically serving myself, the staff member thanked me, I said "you're thanking me for basically doing your job for you", then I thought afterwards it's a strange job, being paid to watch customers do the job that staff should be doing.... I was in there last Xmas and it got so chaotic with the self service tills all going haywire and only one member of staff in charge of about 6 checkouts, that eventually they announced over the  tannoy "could till-trained staff go to checkout?", well done a manager who actually spotted what was going on!  So of course the staff had to take over as there were massive queues at each checkout.

14 hours ago, Virginia said:

There's a Facebook group led by the author, Deborah Harkness dedicated to all things Discovery of Witches, Xiao is also apart of it. You should join!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/allsoulstrilogy/

Oh thank you. I wasn't aware. I have just requested to join. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get my father out to the dentist and the podiatrist this week. He's slowly getting to grips with getting out and about after lockdown and it's a lot easier because we don't need to wear a mask now. I had my hair cut at the local barber's. They can do what I want, without an appointment, in a third of the time and at a third of the price. I positively hate hairdressers so this is ideal for me. Then we had home made cake from the local bakery, bliss!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Managed to get my father out to the dentist and the podiatrist this week. He's slowly getting to grips with getting out and about after lockdown and it's a lot easier because we don't need to wear a mask now. I had my hair cut at the local barber's. They can do what I want, without an appointment, in a third of the time and at a third of the price. I positively hate hairdressers so this is ideal for me. Then we had home made cake from the local bakery, bliss!

This sounds like a great day - it was productive AND it had home made cake in it :D 

I only had 3 hours of work today, so I've been doing lots of necessary organising that I've been neglecting. I'd started to feel a bit bogged down with too many things going on recently, but organisation always makes me feel better! My boyfriend made a lovely chicken and leek pie too, so I've been well fed :lol:.

• Like 2