Tiger's 2008 list

Tiger

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Kate, I loved it! :gl: I couldn't stop laughing at it, and now I'm already half-way through the other one, and loving it. I see that you've read it and had a laugh- they're one of the funniest series around IMO. :D

Last night I finished Dancing In My Nuddy-Pants. It was so funny! Really, I must get the rest of the series, I've read 2 of the others and found them funny as well. I can't wait for the film version of Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging to come out in the cinema during the holidays :tong:

Now I'm reading The Lost World by Michael Crichton. So far, good book!

I've had a flick through Bill Oddie's How To Watch Wildlife. It's really good and I can't wait to start using it during the summer holidays next week :D

Meanwhile, loving The Lost World, although truth be told I prefer the previous one at this moment in time. It's still very good, and it'll be only a matter of a couple of days before it gets finished, I think! :D:)

There's two new books that I'm after now. A couple of weeks ago, I found The Crossing Of Ingo (Helen Dunmore) and today I saw Stop In The Name Of Pants (Louise Rennison). So that's two new books on my To Buy and my To Read lists. :)

Stop In The Name Of Pants looks hilarious. It's part of the series that includes Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging, so it should be hilarious like the others. :lol:

I got two new books today- Stop In The Name Of Pants and That's When It Fell Off In My Hand, by Louise Rennison. I'm already over half-way through That's When It Fell Off In My Hand- it's really funny:lol:

Finished And That's When It Fell Off In My Hand this morning- incredibly funny like the rest of them. Now I'm reading Stop In The Name Of Pants- 50 pages in and already had my sides ache with laughter!

I have a £5 Smith's voucher upstairs. Maybe when I go shopping this week I can buy one of the others so I have something to read between me finishing the book and the holiday...

Finished Stop In The Name of Pants this morning, and I was rather happy with the end again, I found it funny that she got dumped... again, and this time by the handsome Italian lad from the Stiff Dylans that she'd been after for ages and competed for with Wet Lindsay! :)

I got two books from the library- I got The Princess Diaries: Seventh Heaven by Meg Cabot and Ally's World: Rainbows, Rowan and True, True Romance by Karen McCombie. Also at Waterstones, I got The Crossing Of Ingo by Helen Dunmore.

So now I'm reading Seventh Heaven :friends0:

:eek:

Wasn't I virtuous not buying a book for myself whilst getting yours and your brother's??? (Might have been 'cos I'm saving the pennies for August 25th when Philippa Gregory's new book is out and that I had just got 10 out at the library)

Wasn't I virtuous not buying a book for myself whilst getting yours and your brother's??? (Might have been 'cos I'm saving the pennies for August 25th when Philippa Gregory's new book is out and that I had just got 10 out at the library)

10?! My goodness, what were they and when will you have time to read them?!

Samantha, I highly recommend Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. It was required reading when I was in high school, but I loved it so much I've re-read it several times since then.

Thanks for the suggestion!:) Angel, methinks I'm about to hit your shelves again!:friends0:

Hi Colin! :friends0: I think that the book is much, much better. I'd seen the film before and thought it was good, but when I read the book I was like, "Oh my god, I can't believe they've changed the book so much for the film!" And I also found it well-written, as with The Lost World. Definitely better than the film :)

I'm going to give up on The Princess Diaries if it doesn't get any better, at the moment I'm finding it so boring.:blush:

That's a pity. I thought of you yesterday because my daughter and I watched the DVDs.

"Shut UP!" B)

I hope they improve for you. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

At the library today I got:

My Spooky Sister by Sandra Glover

The White Rider by Chris Priestley

A Bone From The Dry Sea by Peter Dickinson

And from Waterstones got Oath Breaker by Michelle Paver:smile2: So now reading that!

I'm loving Oath Breaker. They were interviewing Michelle Paver on Radio 2 earlier, apparently it wasn't meant to be released until Monday. Oh well, brilliant book!

I might read My Spooky Sister next. It's only 80 pages (:D) but it looks brilliant. It's all to do with past lives and linked to a murder.

Loved Oath Breaker, I think it's the second bets in the series after Spirit Walker. I can't wait for the sixth book, Ghost Hunter, next year; even if it is the last one :D

I'm going to read My Spooky Sister now...