Your Hobbies, Collections, and Obsessions

Brian.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I had a lovely time reading through this thread - so much talent in this forum!

I've been trying to find something creative to do in my own time - I'm very cerebral so doing something that takes me out of my mind and away from my inner self-criticism is important for me. I've recently joined an orchestra (I play the violin) which is very much focused on having fun, which I've been enjoying. There is something quite powerful about sharing music with others.

If anyone has any other suggestions, do let me know!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The orchestra sounds lovely,I joined a choir last autumn - I'm not much of a singer (to put it mildly) but it's very inclusive which is just as well!  Our Christmas performances were great, we're now working on summer stuff including Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen) and Adiemus which is very tricky!

I also went to a short crochet for beginners workshop with a friend, I did crochet years ago at school so am trying to pick it up again, not going well so far though, trying to master a couple of types of stitch before tackling anything.

Good luck with the orchestra!

• Like 1