What's for Dinner Tonight?

Nici

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are similar to our ravioli, I believe....though I am not sure about the filling. Muggles?

Though, come to think of it, if Muggles had Steak and Eggs, this must have been dessert - so it is not like ravioli - which is cheese filled pasta served with tomato sauce (although ca be filled with fish or spinach)

Do you have a pressure cooker IC? A casserole takes 20 minutes in one of those and the meat just melts in your mouth.

We have grilled lemon sole tonight with pots and veg.

No I don't have one. I've never actually used one. I just leave it simmering for a couple of hours. I made a big pan, so plenty left for tomorrow, and even had a second portion before band.

Lemon sole is good.

Have a pot of chilli on the go at the moment. We will be eating late tonight though, as I have two out at footie and not in until 8.30 and I am on pick up for one of them. Hate nights like these and disrupted meal times :lol:

OH cooked my dinner tonight because I was suffering. He did a lovely cottage pie with mashed sweet potato on top and servedit with gravy and frozen peas. Delicious. I dont mind if he does it again.

I noticed in Sainsbury's last week that their onions (ordinary white ones) came from NEW ZEALAND!! So I sent for the manager and asked him to explain, when we are in the middle of the Sussex farming country why we cant have ENGLISH onions. I got a very convoluted explanation which told me that basically they cant get the supplies they need to satisfy consumer need from English/British suppliers, blah blah blah. The next day we went into our local town, where there is a small Sainsbury's and they had ENGLISH onions. It beggars belief doesnt it? I have decided to write to the head office about it now.

It beggars belief doesnt it? I have decided to write to the head office about it now.

Go for it Mrs Victor Meldrew....lol....you sound just like my dad ... he used to do things like that when Scottish products disappeared of shelves that had been supplied for years.