What's for Dinner Tonight?

Nici

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FishAndChips, that sounds really nice.

I'm having a huge scotch egg and chips.

Except that we cheated. The stock won't be ready for ages so we're going to freeze the stock and make the soup another time. We had tinned tomato soup with bread and cheese instead :readingtwo:

Scotch egg and chips sounds scrummy.

Wow Lily, you make your own yorkshires!

Me and Katie went to Mum's tonight (OH is still away decorating) and had a chicken roast. She didn't put yorkshires in though. She sometimes forgets, and I was so busy with Katie being fussy that I forgot to tell her off.:readingtwo:

What's so special about making your own Yorkshire puds?? Easy peasy.:readingtwo:

Er, are they? Well I haven't tried so I wouldn't know. You are probably right.:)

We had fish fingers tonight with mash, caulifower and cabbage. I gave Katie her mash and veg before I let her see the fish fingers because whn we had sausage last week she wouldn't eat the mash afterwards.

Is marrows another name for zucchini or something different.

We had pasta with a bacon, vegetable and pesto sauce with salad and garlic bread.

I think marrow are fully grown zucchini (same plant)

I always thought that the thinner longer ones are called zucchini, while the ball shaped ones are called marrows. However, after having a look on google, I think I'm wrong, and there is no real difference.

What's so special about making your own Yorkshire puds?? Easy peasy.:readingtwo:

Er, are they? Well I haven't tried so I wouldn't know. You are probably right.:)

I've never tried either. Aren't they in danger of sinking in the middle if you don't follow some strict rules, like get the oil really hot, etc

I think I'll stick with Aunt Bessie for now :D