Fantasy Dinner Party

Roland Butter

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the girl from Emmerdale Roxanne somebody or other.She in dancing on ice now....PHWOOR.Ha.:)

:) Behave! :woohoo:

Stephen Fry

Lee Evans

Russell Brand

Jack Nicholson

My granda, my great granda and my great great granda, when they were about 40ish to hear about what life was like when they were my age and to hear about all my past relatives.

• 4 months later...

I'd go for a party of eight, so my seven guests would be:

Stephen Fry - do I really need to explain?

Katherine Hepburn - my favourite actress ever, and just to be able to listen to her voice in real life would be amazing.

Charles Babbage - fascinating mathematician, and would be able to ask his thoughts on the modern computer age.

Ella Fitzgerald - the most mellifluous voice I've ever heard, and again, to hear her in real life would be a dream come true.

Humphrey Lyttleton - for the music and the conversation, plus, hopefully, a sprinkling of innuendo thrown into the mix.

Germaine Greer - fascinating woman, who would certainly enrich the dinner discussions!

David Tennant - just for me, because how could I not?

Mine would be:

Rob Brydon (genius); Jeremy Hardy (very randomly funny); Cate Blanchette (beautiful, intelligent, witty and (did I say?) beautiful; Matthew Paris (a hero of mine) and, just for me, so she can sit next to me and hang about with me after everyone's gone, Zooey Deschanel *sighs*

For my party of eight I'd have to have:

John Milton

Lord Byron

Jane Austen

Albert Einstein

John Lennon

Stephen Fry

Jasper Fforde

I could have said William Shakespeare, but how could he ever measure up to my idolatrous expectations?

Dinner at eight for eight:

Stephen Fry (if he is available - his presence is required at so many parties in this thread)

Cesar Millan

Barak Obama

Ewan McEwan

Nostradamus

Gil Grissom

Darwin

For my party of 8 I would have:

Matthew Perry - just because I think he's lovely

Kathy Reichs

Jeffery Deaver

Dian Fossey

Michael J. Fox

Terry Fox

Derren Brown

I tried to even it out guy-girl wise, but didn't quite succeed!

Wow this is tricky. I am going to try very hard not to regress and add the chin in my avvie to this list, but I'm not making any guarantees! In no particular order:

Ella Fitzgerald: Best female jazz vocalist in the world.

Gene Kelly: Who else would I want to do an after dinner dance with?!

Ralph Sprague: My 8th great-grandfather. I would love to know what it was like to be the first of my family's ancestors in the US and what it was like to be in Massachusetts in the 1600's.

Chris Cornell: Strictly for the eye candy, and oh maybe a serenade.

John Singer Sargent: A most brilliant painter, and one of my favorites.

Frank Lloyd Wright: An amazing architect and one I would love to talk with.

Ayn Rand: What an interesting brain to pick!

Also my dad and both sets of grandparents, all passed on. Just to have one more meal with all of them would be heavenly!

I know that's more than 8 people but I can't help it. At least I didn't go down the RP path...

Ooh, I should have read that I could have eight people...I might revise my list...

There's a post earlier that says there is no limit, so I just decided to go for eight because it's a nice number, enough to make for interesting conversation, but not too many that people could get left out.

Go mad, and have 8 or 12 or 20 if you want!

My revised list would be:

Hugh Laurie

Audrey Tatou

Tim Burton

Johnny Depp

Helena Bonham Carter

Jodi Picoult

Elvis Presley

Sean Locke

Kat Von D

Alan Rickman

Mark Ryden

And for the eye candy Leland Chapman :she:. Oh and Russell Howard.

Edited by rach.at.the.disco

I shall take these three from your list Rach, Tim Burton, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter for my party as them by theirselves is too much amazingness, let alone inviting anyone else :she:

I shall take these three from your list Rach, Tim Burton, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter for my party as them by theirselves is too much amazingness, let alone inviting anyone else :she:

:lol: I agree!

I wouldn't want too many people, small gatherings are better, if there were many people they would have to be people who like listening to people not speaking over people (that annoys me :lol:)

I would like to have dinner with anyone who is deep and openminded, even confusing at times, quiet but witty, random and eccentric who can keep me interested and be able to speak about a variety of topics with ease :smile2:

• 2 months later...
I'm just going to have dinner a deux with Stephen Fry I think .. keep him all to myself and just sit and listen.

I'm reckoning he's a sort of rocket, olive oil, goats cheese, balsamic vinegar sort of a person .. what do you think?

To quote Blackadder I think it's more likely to be 'two crossed dead animals emblazoned on a mound of dead animals motif' :blush: but definitely organically raised and probably from Norfolk....

My dinner guests would be:

Michael Caine

Tony Benn

Dave Gorman

Rich Hall

Morgan Freeman

Barack Obama

Jenny Eclair

Sheila Hancock

Ooh I think:

The Inklings (all of them, would be fantastic to eavesdrop on some of those conversations!)

Chaucer (I would love to have a conversation Chaucer-esque!)

Terry Brooks (I wonder how he would converse with Tolkien)

Jane Austen (just so I could say thank you :blush:)

Peter Jackson (so I could see how he interacted with Tolkien, and witness what Tolkien's response to the movies and their director would be)

hmm just 4? that's tough! it'd be between these people though:

. Roald Dahl

. the president / prime minister

. some form of spiritual guru (yes, odd i know!)

. Linda McCartney

. Arnulf Rainer (artist)

. Walt Disney

hmm i'm sure there's many, many more...i may up-date my list in the future :lol:

Edited by Babe*With*Brains