Fantasy Dinner Party

Roland Butter

Kurt Cobain - I'm a huge fan

John Lennon - The man was a genius

Spike Milligan - For the same reason as John Lennon

Sherlock Holmes - I know he is a fictional character but there is just as much a chance of him turning up as the other three

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote Blackadder I think it's more likely to be 'two crossed dead animals emblazoned on a mound of dead animals motif' :friends0: but definitely organically raised and probably from Norfolk....

ha :D .. all drizzled with olive oil

• 2 weeks later...

I am filling out an application for a leadership institute and it contains the standard question, "Who are the four people you would invite to a fantasy dinner party?" I am resisting the urge to list four random people who are not famous or recognizable, just to see what would happen. Who are your four?

• 2 months later...

Difficult question. Hmm. Gonna name a few that just pop into my head now, who I come up with can change every day though..

Sean Bean, I love this man, I think he's got charisma and he seems like a really nice guy who you could have a nice night with chatting away.. and the fact that he's smoking hot doesn't bother me either. ;)

Dr Who (preferably the David Tennant incarnation hee hee), can you imagine the stories this guy has? And maybe I could get him to take me for a ride on the Tardis too.. :lol:

Stephen Hawking.. cause I adore astronomy and astrophysics (even though I suck too badly at math&physics to fully get it). Though a dinner party with a man like this would be a bit awkward, but he's got a brilliant mind. Probably would rather follow classes by him than do a dinnerparty with him because there wouldn't be much of a discussion going on.. he'd be explaining me things all the time. ;)

Ehh.. maybe Emma Watson? I adore this girl, she's gorgeous and seems very likeable, have seen interviews with her and she seems like a fun person to be around. And did I mention she's drop-dead gorgeous? :lol:

Well I love my eye candy too...

Hmm. Maybe I should try for two different dinner parties? One intellectual one and one hottie party? Cause I don't see this one happening, three hotties and one brilliant mind hee hee. Not to say the hotties aren't brilliant here. :tong:

I don't really get all of you who want to put their favourite authors up here. I don't want to meet them.. for me, the books are works of art, worlds of fantasy, and I think it takes away from the mystery of a book to fully realize there's a mere human mind behind this. So a short, brief meeting to express my appreciation for their work, and maybe a signing would be good, but no deep discussions please. ;)

Hmmm...........

1. Henry VIII as I'd like to know what he'd make of 2010 and the lack of power the monarchy has now compared to 1509-1547.

2. Russell Brand as he's my favourite comic and everyone will probably need a laugh after Henry's been chatting.

3. Lester Bangs as I'd like to know more about the book he was in the middle of writing before he died. Plus he used to hang around with Blondie, Lou Reed and was involved in the whole CBGB scene.

4. Andy Warhol as I'd like to hear his about his life, especially the Velvet Underground/Factory era.

Hmm, only 4 eh. Well, I guess they will have to be all men (oh lucky me)

As said earlier my first guest would have to be

Sean Bean (eye candy and hot). I'd chat about Sharpe and footie.

Arsene Wenger - my professorial guest - he and Sean can argue over footie.

George Gershwin - my favourite composer and he can tell me what other brilliant ideas he had after writing Porgy and Bess

Fred Astaire - best hoofer in the business and great friends with Gershwin.

After dinner we'd get round the piano with Fred dancing to George's playing and Sean and Arsene fighting outside about who the best striker in the prem is.

Since my previous dinner was such a roaring success, here I am organising another. I'd invite:

Christopher Marlowe, to find out the truth about his murder

Victor Hugo, to quiz him about the time he channelled Shakespeare

George Harrison, because it made me so sad when he left us

John Lennon, even though I wasn't born when he left us

Douglas Adams, to have wit flow sparklier than the wine

Terry Pratchett, see Douglas Adams

Neil Gaiman, to have him read over my work

Ray Bradbury, to ask him in person whether he'd sue or be flattered if I wrote that short-story sequel to Fahrenheit 451

Agatha Christie - would love to find out about mystery surrounding her disappearance

Marian Keyes - cos she is just so funny and comes across well in interviews

Sean Connery - cos he is just great and I love the Bond movies

Audrey Hepburn - cos she was amazing actress and had so much style

Marilyn Monroe-Just without doubt one of the greatest dinner party guests you could have.

William Shakespeare- Very clever man plus it would be historically fascinating.

Russell Brand-Attractive and funny!

Andy Warhol- It would just be fascinating to meet and talk to him.

Vivien Leigh-One of my favourite actresses from the old days.

Lets see the first two on my guest list would have to be my Grandpreants (on my mum's side). My grandfarther passed away when my mum was young and my grandmother passed away when I was two. I would really love to met them.

OK guest number 3 would be John Farnham (Australian singer). He would be one of the most nicest guys to met (I know a few people who have met him). I have been a big fan sice I was 10.

Guest 4 is Hugh Jackman, what can I say :D. He just seems like such a great guy and would be a blast to hang out with.

And the fifth guest would have to be my husband because if I had these people over and he wasnt invited, he would kill me :lol:.

• 2 weeks later...

I've given this a lot of thought (probably too much thought for an imaginary dinner party to be honest!) and my final 4 are:

Valentino Rossi - because I love him and I want to marry him! He is also very funny and charming and charismatic so would make a wonderful dinner party guest.

Gok Wan - so I can get lots of style tips from him. Do you think I could get him to come early so he could help me get ready??

Stephen Fry - who doesn't want Stephen Fry at their dinner party?

Gael Garcia Bernal - my favourite actor, he is gorgeous and intelligent and could help me with my Spanish.

I think they'd all get on really well together as well!

Ok, for mine...

Stephen Fry - of course!

Anne Boleyn - and hope she's as good looking as Natalie Dormer (she played her in The Tudors)!! :D Also ask her if she really wanted to cause as much trouble as she did!

Winston Churchill - and hear the secrets from the War. It fascinates me.

Terry Pratchett - to hear tales of Discworld, and ban talk of evil diseases.

Me! I would prefer to have him for a solo meal, maybe a long lunch, but absolutely not to share him with others. :D

No!!! Too much pressure for me to hold up my end of the conversation :D Much better to have someone else at the meal and then just listen to his magnificence and he talked with them. I'd be an incoherent gibbering wreck in his presence.

Which 12 people alive or dead, would you invite to your fantasy dinner party??

1. David Attenborough

2. Christopher Marlowe

3. Armando Iannucci

4. Thom Yorke

5. David Bowie

6. Dylan Moran

7. Billy Connolly

8. Mo Mowlem

9. Ken Stott

10. Lynda La Plante

11. Martin Scorsese

12. Benecio Del Toro

Interesting question. All fictional characters.

1) Capt. Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean) - purely entertaining

2) The unnerved narrator in Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven

3) Biblo Baggins (The Hobbit)

4) Mary Poppins

I think they'll have some weird conversations. Yeah, should be interesting if not fun.

Edited by Capture

Hmmm a dinner party...

I would want Audrey Hepburn for her class, Danny Kaye for his infectious personality, my Great Grandma because I met her but as I was just an infant I can't remember her.

I think also a separate dinner party with Simon Cowell and Dr. House (played by Hugh Laurie) would be hilarious. I can't imagine them getting along in the slightest.

Agatha Christie - would love to find out about mystery surrounding her disappearance

Marian Keyes - cos she is just so funny and comes across well in interviews

Sean Connery - cos he is just great and I love the Bond movies

Audrey Hepburn - cos she was amazing actress and had so much style

can I come?