Christmas planning and chat

I hope you all have the kind of day that you had planned and that it all goes as you had hoped! My Grandaughter was really thrilled with her 'new' Laptop and her other things that she got, had a text from her this morning. She is calling on me later, not for lunch but just a visit. My son and his partner unexpectedly visited yesterday too, and two of my oldest pals came round on friday,so for an anti-social hermit like me, quite a time of it!

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 7/30/2023 at 4:50 PM, Madeleine said:

I was in The Works today (discount book and craft store for those not in the UK)and they were selling Christmas craft stuff....

Yeah I had an email from them, saying something along the lines of ‘it’s never too early to start Christmas crafts’. I love Christmas but I would argue that, actually, it is 😅. 

On 8/2/2023 at 3:44 PM, Madeleine said:

Given that we seem to have gone straight to autumn though, it's feeling wintery already!

That is true but I at least need a pumpkin before I start thinking about Christmas 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

My Christmas planning will be extremely simple. I've already let everyone know that I'm not hosting. I'll have a small dinner of steaks, potatoes, etc, and a couple of cakes for family members. The grands will get one big gift. I'll put the tree up but have no plans to put gifts under the tree. I really want peace and quiet this year. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Virginia said:

I'll have a small dinner of steaks, potatoes, etc, and a couple of cakes for family members

Who could be unhappy with steak, potatoes and cake? 😄

Are you making the cakes yourself or buying them ready made? 

I enjoy Christmas preparation but I’ve never had the stress of having to host - I’m sure I’d feel differently if everyone was coming to my house! 

• Haha 1

On 9/5/2023 at 3:52 PM, Hayley said:

Who could be unhappy with steak, potatoes and cake? 😄

Are you making the cakes yourself or buying them ready made? 

I enjoy Christmas preparation but I’ve never had the stress of having to host - I’m sure I’d feel differently if everyone was coming to my house! 

I'll be making pound cakes. My family can't get enough of them!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2023 at 4:39 PM, Madeleine said:

Bought my first Xmas dec today, a robin in Marks and Spencer - last year I left it too long and they ran out, so I wasn't leaving it to chance this year!

Yup, it's full steam ahead! I'm going to order my gifts this week and just be done. I'm having surgery on Dec 18 so I will not be doing anything that I don't HAVE to do.

• 1 month later...

Am I the only person that finds it impossible to have one favorite Christmas song? There are way too many that I love, especially the Classic Christmas Music. Perry Como, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Gene Autry, Andy Williams, etc. I hope that everyone on the forum also enjoys Christmas Music this year.

On 10/30/2023 at 1:28 PM, Virginia said:

I'm having surgery on Dec 18 so I will not be doing anything that I don't HAVE to do.

I hope that went well Virginia, and that you’re calmly looking forward to Christmas now! :)

1 hour ago, muggle not said:

Am I the only person that finds it impossible to have one favorite Christmas song? There are way too many that I love, especially the Classic Christmas Music

I like all the classics too. I think if I had to pick one favourite at the moment, it would be God Bless Us Everyone by Andrea Bocelli, which is from the soundtrack for A Christmas Carol (the one with Jim Carey as Scrooge). Not only does he have an amazing voice, the soundtrack music was by the incredible Alan Silvestri AND it’s a Dickens reference. That’s also probably my favourite Christmas movie 😄

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 9:28 AM, Virginia said:

Yup, it's full steam ahead! I'm going to order my gifts this week and just be done. I'm having surgery on Dec 18 so I will not be doing anything that I don't HAVE to do.

Hope the surgery went well and you are on the way to a fast recovery.

On 10/31/2023 at 2:28 AM, Virginia said:

All the best with the surgery Virginia and you make a quick recovery all ready to enjoy Christmas 🥰

7 hours ago, muggle not said:

Am I the only person that finds it impossible to have one favorite Christmas song? There are way too many that I love, especially the Classic Christmas Music. Perry Como, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Gene Autry, Andy Williams, etc. I hope that everyone on the forum also enjoys Christmas Music this year.

I really love all the classic songs and singers too, and that's what I've been listening to on spotify. But one of my very favourites is Sarah McLachlan's version of What Child Is This.

• Like 2

On 12/18/2023 at 11:13 PM, poppy said:

I really love all the classic songs and singers too, and that's what I've been listening to on spotify. But one of my very favourites is Sarah McLachlan's version of What Child Is This.

Love it! The scenery is also beautiful.

• Like 2