Hey Everyone!

Adam

Hey!

My name is Adam and I am 17 years old. I am turning 18 in November. I graduated from high school this past June and I have started my training to become a firefighter/paramedic here in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.

I'm a simple guy. I'm nice and funny. I love to laugh and make people laugh. I like just taking it easy and enjoying life. Some of my hobbies include music, guitar, reading, writing, movies/tv, basketball, working out, fashion and design, sleeping, eating, and just spending time with the people close to me. My favorite thing to do is take my guitar or a good book and sit on the back porch by the lake and just relax.

I am single. I just ended a relationship with my girlfriend of five months. So I'm hoping this site can take my mind off of her :D

I love to read and I am always with a book in hand. My favorite authors are John Grisham and Mario Puzo. My favorite book of all-time is Fools Die by Mario Puzo. I have a lot of books and I keep buying more. I'm addicted! My TBR pile is pretty big. I also enjoy writing and I have started writing a book, kinda just for fun to see if I can finish it :lol:

I think this is a great site and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here and having some fun.

Cheers,

Adam

Hi Adam.

Welcome to the forum. I have already appreciated your humour (on the christmas shopping thread), and know that you will fit in here very nicely.

I hope we can help take your mind off things passed, so plunge in , and at some point, tell us about this book you are writing. Quite a few of us write on here, and some are very successful!

I look forward to reading your posts.

Pp

Hello and :lol: to the forum, Adam! Always nice to be able to balance out the membership a bit with a few guys. :D i hope you'll enjoy sharing your favourite books and authors with us all. :D

oooh, you have to post your book!!!! Well...some of it maybe lol. if you like writing, nip off to the writer's corner. And post. Lots.

Anyhoo, welcome to the forum. Here's a joke for you - it's my mum's, don't blame me: what is green and goes "ding-a-ling!"?

A catterpillar sitting on a bicycle!!:lol:

And another one of mum's: What's green and goes up and down, up and down??

A bunch of grapes stuck in a lift!!!:D:lol:

nicnic said

Warm welcomes to the forum Adam. I'm sure you'll have fun here and definitely post some of your writing in writers corner. I keep promising myself I'll do it but am too shy!

Oh nicnic, don't be shy. I must admit I felt shy and anxious when I first began showing my work, but folk on here are very kind and helpful, so I hope you take the plunge soon.

By the way...I don't think I asked you before, but whereabouts are you in Gateshead? I used to work for Gateshead council, and although living in Aberdeen now, return once or twice a year to stay with my kids and their families.

Sorry, slightly off track here...

So, come on, Adam and nicnic, I'm sure your work will be appreciated on this forum.

Pp

Hey!

I have a lot of books and I keep buying more. I'm addicted! My TBR pile is pretty big.

In that case you'll fit in brilliantly.

You might just find though that that pile gets even bigger after spending time on the forum. :lol:

Have fun here.

JudyB

Welcome Adam, you sound a great fella. What made you decide to go into the fire service? Apologies if I am being nosy:blush:

LOL, not by any means. When I was in high school I did a lot of volunteer work and I enjoy helping people. I find it very rewarding to help make a difference in a community. A fireman and a paramedic help those in need and I find that very rewarding and exciting and I am up for the challenge. Right now I am taking a few medical courses at the local college and training to get into the best possible shape. Next summer I write my test to enter the fire service so I hope everything goes good! :lol:

And thank you to everyone for all the warm welcomes. This place feels like a nice tight community :D