Kirstykat

Kirstykat

Helllo Everybody,

I found this site by mistake and I think that it is the best thing that has happened to me this month!!

I have never been part of a reading group before and I am quite nervous, so please bear with me, as I am naturally shy.:D

My favourite genres are historical fiction (I have read all of Philippa Gregory's books on the Boleyns and Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth I). I also enjoy Charles Dickens (my favourite to date is Nicholas Nickleby) and Jane Austin (I have just finished reading Emma and it was marvellous).

I am always open to new genres and styles of writing - I am currently reading Could Atlas and lots of people have told me to persevere with it as it is a very good book, I have only just started reading it.

I would love any recommendations and I hope that I get to know lots of genuine Bookworms and make some cyber-friends.

Kirstykat:lol:

Hello!

Thank you very much!

You look like a pet lover - I have a tabby and my husband and I adore her! I live not a million miles from you... and I go to church in Harrow.

What is your current book like? I think I have seen it advertised, but I have never read this author before.:lol:

We live in Barnet, but I my nearest church is in Harrow - I am a Seventh Day Adventist.

:lol:

Hi Jules,

Thank you for your email. I have also just visited and joined Librarything. It really is a case of 'So many Books, so little time'!

What is your favourite genre? Who is your favourite Author?:D

Well before I joined here it was strictly historical romance Lesley Pearce and Martina Cole. Now there are just loads of new authors I've discovered - Jodi Picoult, Karin Slaughter, Kathy Reichs, Stuart MacBride, Michel Faber our very own KW to name but a few. I still love my historical novels but now I'll read pretty much anything.

I also have 2 dogs and a budgie, I'd love more pets but hubby says no!

:D to the forum, Kirstykat! I hope you'll enjoy sharing your favourite books and authors with us (I'm a fan of Jane Austen and Philippa Gregory too!). Cloud Atlas was September's reading circle choice here on the forum, so perhaps you'd like to share your thoughts on it as you read? Have fun! :lol:

Hi Again Jules,

My tabby, Millie, will not allow us to have any more cats as she is Queen Bee and will NOT be moved from her pedastool. Honestly, she really is our baby and we wouldn't do anything to hurt her feelings.

I am not really into Martina Cole - I read one of her books once and it left a bitter taste in my mouth - she is so very graphic and wonder what she may have suffered or seen in her personal life in order to write like this. My sister has met her a couple of times when she visited her Writer's Circle and she is a very nice lady and very well spoken and, apparently, has a weakness for Toblerone - so she is human..!!!

I must admit that it is only in the last couple of years that I have got into historical fiction, I am quite a broad reader really.

Anyway, thanks again for making me feel welcome. I must go now,as I need my beauty sleep...!:D

Hi Liz,

Thank you for your welcome message! I look forward to chatting with you more over time. Right now, I am off for my Beauty Sleep!

Hi Kell,

Thank you for your welcome message. Yes, I shall post some of my thoughhts on the forum as I get further into Cloud Atlas.

I am LUVVING this site already!!!!!!!

Kirsty. :lol:

Hello KirstyKat and thanks for dropping me a line in on my welcome thread. Its nice to talk with another "newbie". This site really is great, isn't it. After reading a book, I often want to talk about it but don't have anyway to discuss it with. My husband isn't a big reader and, lets face it, if he was our genres would be vastly different. :lol:

It'll be great to be able to discuss books with other people who are as enthusiastic about reading. Currently, I'm reading Night's Touch by Amanda Ashley, which is a paranormal romance. Honestly, though, my interest in the book is starting to wane a bit. I'm hoping it picks up here soon. Well, keep in touch...it was nice hearing from u.

Hiya:welcomeboard:Hiya

:DWaves to you from Aberdeen

Stay at home mum too with two teenage boys. I'm sure you will soon settle in here and get into the way of finding your way around.

Welcome KirstyKat,

Lovely to see you're enjoying it here already :) I'm also a big historical fiction fan and I'm slowly working my way through the different authors. I love Philippa Gregory and Elizabeth Chadwick. I highly recommend Posie Graeme-Evans and Lesley Pearse (like my mum, Madcow) if you haven't already tried them.