What's Up in December 2016?

Athena

Hope you feel better June, I hope your coworker's rope is getting shorter and shorter and he's out the door by the new year!

Gaia, I'm glad you got to spend time with your brother and his girlfriend! Did he bring back some amazing pictures from his trip?

I"m done with Amazon. My hands just wont cooperate and I'm going to listen to them. Its not worth early onset arthritis (already have it in my neck and ankle) and adding corprol tunnel isn't on my list of things to do.

I spent the day thus far, fiddling in my study/craft room trying to organize some things. I pulled out my many journals, my beading and drawing supplies. I found our passport applications that I misplaced last year and will work on that on and off. I also am working on the packing. My mom called to tell me that she's buy Kizzy and doggy jacket. You have to understand. Growing up on a farm and being a city baby boomer, my mother was NEVER one to spend anything on animals. They got fed table scrapes and got flea collars, that was it. Now she's a doting and dotty grand-fur parent buying doggy coats and treats and clearing out a cozy space in the house. Who is this old woman and what has she done to my REAL mom?! Don't tell anyone but I overheard her talking to Kizzy on our last visit. She told Kizzy to "come to Gigi." Um, that's the name my grands have for her! LMBO!!! She'll never know I heard about it, unless I need blackmail material.

He was actually quite cooperative today, which is surprising. It goes in fits and start though, and was probably simply because it's pay day, which means he has money to once again go to the pub. He seems to have taken at least some of what was said yesterday on board, although this doesn't excuse his behaviour yesterday, which was very threatening and aggressive. Under the circumstances HR were left with no other choice really. I will have to wait and see now I suppose after Christmas to see what happens next.

I think you made the right decision re Amazon. From what I gather they are a hideous company to work for anyway, and it really isn't worth the risk to your health.   

I have only two more days of work now until Christmas - yippee !   

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still successfully avoiding any kind of cold that still makes most people cough left and right. My mom has had a pesky pneumonia for the last 3 weeks but for some reason everyone around her is doing fine.

I hope your mum will feel better soon and that you won't get a cold.

I wish I could say that. My throat has been itchy and sore for a few days now which is not what I need right now. Mind you, I would rather have it now than all over Christmas.

It has been another eventful day for me. We have appointed a new part time cleaner and finally placed the other one under disciplinary. It is not what I particularly wanted to happen, but in the end he left us with no other choice.

I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:.

Gaia, I'm glad you got to spend time with your brother and his girlfriend! Did he bring back some amazing pictures from his trip?

I"m done with Amazon. My hands just wont cooperate and I'm going to listen to them. Its not worth early onset arthritis (already have it in my neck and ankle) and adding corprol tunnel isn't on my list of things to do.

Thanks! He's got some amazing pictures from his trip.

Good on you for being done with Amazon because of your hands.  

I have only two more days of work now until Christmas - yippee !

I wish you a great time during the holidays :xmassmile:.

I didn't feel too great for most of the day yesterday, my stomach seemed upset and I was feeling tired. I'm still tired but at least my stomach seems better now.

thank you, Athena, everybody had a great day :)

Hope your sister in law had a great day too.

Hope your mum feels better soon, MrCat

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. Went out with some girls at work yesterday was good fun but my was I glad to get home tucked up in bed. Went out for lunch with my gran, sister and mum today and will see my gran again tomorrow after work then meeting my friend to exchange gifts.

Only one week til the big day!

Hey everyone! I haven't been posting much lately, too much happening.

I think I've found a replacement house. It's nowhere near as good as my current one, but I think it will do. I'll have to start getting the bus to work most likely. It's fine for what it is - and I can't really hold out to see if I'll find better - it's a double room with floorspace, (tiny) ensuite, big desk and few other units for storage, tv, big window, and the house has a nice living room and some kind of back garden where I can hopefully sit out in the summer. Unfortunately my room is yellow, which is my least favourite colour, but it'll be fine once I put all my stuff in and make it mine. Course, everything I own won't match it, because I've been living in white rooms for years now and my stuff is all black and red themed. Minor details though really.

Naturally, my anxiety has been panicking about whether its the right decision or not. But I don't think I'll ever be sure, and it is a good room for the price and location. Other rooms in the area but further away are 400-450 a month, for either a double room with nothing more than a bedside locker and one freestanding wardrobe, OR, single rooms. This room is 390 a month with free wi-fi and satellite, so I think we only pay gas and electricity. Living with three guys, only met one so far, but every bedroom is ensuite with a tv, so I think people probably spend a lot of their time in their rooms. The landlord indicated that he didn't think the living room gets used much. Suits me! 

Going up today with the rent/deposit.

That's good news, Nollaig!  Congrats.   :)

Might the landlord allow you to repaint your room, if you asked?  Worth a shot.

Thank you! A few people have said that to me, but I feel like it's a lot to ask when I've only just moved in. I might wait a few months and see.

When he was telling me about the kind of people he doesn't like in the house, he specifically said, 'people who, you know, do things like paint the room without asking.' :giggle: I would of course ask, but it's a big job.

Noll, I'm so glad you found a new place! I'm sure you will make it your own. You could do sheer colored drapes, you know, ceiling to floor. You can track then up and change then out. You could do any color to mute the yellow and give it a gauzy Arabiuan or Bohemian look.

Rainy, cold, miserable to be outside type of day so I'm staying inside.

Sounds like a good deal to me Noll, you should definately go for it.

I have been nursing a stinky rotten cold all weekend and have felt like absolute crap. It has progressed from a sore throat to a streaming nose with slight temperature to a horrible dry cough. Hopefully the worst of it will be over by the time I have to drive down to Barnstaple on Wednesday. I just hope that Coran doesn't get it in the meantime, as being ill in such an isolated place will really not be fun at all.

It is then my last day of work tomorrow until January 3rd, which I cannot say I am sorry about. One way or another, it has been one hell of a year.     

Edited by Talisman

Sounds like a good deal to me Noll, you should defiantely go for it.

I have been nursing a stinky rotten cold all weekend and have felt like absolute crap. It has progressed from a sore throat to a streaming nose with slight temperature to a horrible dry cough. Hopefully the worst of it will be over by the time I have to drive down to Barnstaple on Wednesday. I just hope that Coran doesn't get it in the meantime, as being ill in such an isolated place will really not be fun at all.

It is then my last day of work tomorrow until January 3rd, which I cannot say I am sorry about. One way or another, it has been one hell of a year.

Enjoy your time off. Sounds like you deserve it! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Congratulations on the new place, Nollaig.

Going up today with the rent/deposit.

It sounds like a great deal, I hope you get the room :) 

That sounds pretty terrible :(. I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:. I hope Coran won't catch your cold and that you can both enjoy your holidays. 

3am and I can't sleep for feeling sick/worrying about whether I've made the right choice or not. Please let me have made the right choice.

Awww :friends0:.

You made the right choice. Your anxiety is causing you to doubt yourself. Deep breaths and tea are in order.

Thank you, and thanks for all your support and advice. Very much taking it on board and it is helping, so I really appreciate it.

It sounds like a great deal, I hope you get the room :) 

Awww :friends0:.

Thanks Athena, got the room, starting moving today. Bit freaked but trying to just go with it.

Hope everyone is getting ready to have a lovely Christmas!

Thanks for the congrats on the new job, everyone, I appreciate it!  I'm starting to get the feel of things and getting used to working from home full time.  Now the next hurdle of finding a house and moving.

I wish you a speedy recovery, Talisman!

Good luck on your move today, Noll!  I know you can do it and I'm sending you loads of good, positive vibes.  You know I have lots on reserve for certain occasions ;) 

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I am feeling a lot better than I was, and the cough has been a lot better today, so fingers crossed for tomorrow and that I manage to get a good nights sleep. :sleeping-smiley-009 All our stuff is laid out on the bed ready to go in the bag. All the hotel reservations etc. have been printed out. The bottle of Baileys I am taking with me (well, it is Christmas) has been removed from the cupboard :cheers: and my camera battery has been charged. All we have do now then is tidy up the kitchen, take out the rubbish, go and see the next door neighbours, deliver a few last minute Christmas cards and collapse in a heap!  

I won't be around for Christmas of course, so Merry Christmas in advance to all! :csign:   

Thanks Athena, got the room, starting moving today. Bit freaked but trying to just go with it.

Hope everyone is getting ready to have a lovely Christmas!

Good luck, hang in there :).

Thanks for the congrats on the new job, everyone, I appreciate it!  I'm starting to get the feel of things and getting used to working from home full time.  Now the next hurdle of finding a house and moving.

Good luck :)!

I won't be around for Christmas of course, so Merry Christmas in advance to all! :csign:

Merry Christmas :grinhat:!!

I had to go to the dentist this morning and I'm so happy everything was fine!! I find dentist's appointments really difficult, I get totally stressed out some time beforehand. The input at the dentist (both the feel and sound of the instruments) is very painful for me. Anyway, everything was fine!! My mouth hurts from the cleaning but I'm very happy (and very tired). Now I can enjoy the holidays :). I hope everyone will have a great Christmas or other celebrations.