Athena's Reading List 2016

Athena

Woo hoo, Great book haul there!!  :party:

Thanks, Marie :)!

I read Geronimo Stilton - De Kronieken van Fantasia 3: Het Sprekende Woud (La Foresta Parlante). I read books 5, 1 and 2 last year, and now found book 3 at the library. I liked it a lot, and I really want to read books 4 and 6, so I've reserved them from the library. Apparently my library doesn't have books 4 and 6, which explains why I haven't been able to find them yet. They'll come from another library. Book 5 ended on a bit of a cliffhanger, and ever since I read it I've been wondering how it ends.

I read Corine Naranji - Zij Is Dun & Ik Ben Dik yesterday. I didn't hear anything about this book but picked it up at the library because I liked the cover and synopsis. I liked this book, it was nice. I liked the two main characters. The book is about two girls, one of them has moved and ends up being the neighbour of the other girl. One of them is really thin and has anorexia, and the other one is really overweight and is addicted to eating. They become friends and the book is about their friendship and weight issues.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great covers there - I especially like Big Little Lies and After You. :)

Thanks :D. I like the covers too :). The only shame is that I had ordered a different edition from After You (one that matched in size with my copy of Me Before You), but they sent me this one instead (they did refund me the difference in money). But I like all the covers, they are so pretty :). I look forward to read the books :).

I read Luc Descamps (ill. Rik Willemen) - De Poortwereld 1: De Storm. I read De Donkere Getallen series by this Belgian author and liked those books. So when I saw this new series at the library, I borrowed it (he's also written some standalone books and other series, he's written a lot! Not just for children but also for young-adults). I liked this book, it was pretty good. I want to read the rest of the series (there will be 4 books in total), but they haven't been published yet (this one was published in 2015), so I'll have to wait. But anyway, I enjoyed reading this book. I wasn't sure if it would be nice, but it was :). The book contains a two-page illustration every now and then, those were nice too.

I really hope you like Big Little Lies! :smile2: I thought it was smashing! :smile2: 

On another note, I've started reading Look Me in the Eye by John Elder Robison (he's the brother of Augusten Burroughs, who is one of my favorite authors). It's about Robison's life with Asperger's, and I'm finding it a great read so far (I'm now 64 pages in). I thought it's something you might be interested in? :) I know you like to read about these things, as do I. Here's the synopsis from Amazon: 

From the time he was three or four years old, John Elder Robison realised that he was different from other people. He was unable to make eye contact or connect with other children, and by the time he was a teenager his odd habits - an inclination to blurt out non-sequiturs, obsessively dismantle radios or dig five-foot holes (and stick his younger brother in them) - had earned him the label 'social deviant'. It didn't help that his mother conversed with light fixtures and his father spent evenings pickling himself in sherry.

Look Me in the Eye is his story of growing up with Asperger's syndrome – a form of autism – at a time when the diagnosis simply didn't exist. Along the way it also tells the story of two brothers born eight years apart yet devoted to each other: the author and his younger brother Chris, who would grow up to become bestselling author Augusten Burroughs. 

This book is a rare fusion of inspiration, dark comedy and insight into the workings of the human mind. For someone who has struggled all his life to connect with other people, Robison proves to be an extraordinary storyteller.

There are many Geronimo Stilton books out there. Geronimo Stilton is the main character in most of the books, and in the books he writes those books (if that makes sense?). The books are actually written by a team of people in Italy (as far as I know). There are other 70 books in the main series (generally called the Geronimo Stilton series), then there are many other series too. There are currently 10 books in the Fantasia series, 6 in the Kronieken van Fantasia, 4 in Ridders van Fantasia, 6 in the Groene Reeks (these are all the Dutch names for the series), there are quite a few literary retellings, etc. I think in total there are over 100 Stilton books (here is a list on the Dutch Wikipedia of the Dutch books currently published).

Thanks for that info. :) You must have read nearly all of the books by now? I once turned on the TV in the morning and saw a Geronimo Stilton cartoon. I immediately thought of you. :)

I never put the new books away until I've finished cataloguing and posted about them on the forum (when I finish reading a book, I don't put it away until after I've posted about it on the forum, seeing it on my desk helps me remind myself that I still need to post about it). After I've posted about the new books on the forum, I sort them into books I'm putting in my library and books I want to or will be able to read soon. Those I want to read soon go on the book shelves next to my desk (and on occasion I put a short read on my read-a-thon shelves, next to the TV). It's tempting to leave them around as piles as I love looking at the books, but I also love putting them on their shelves (and my boyfriend doesn't like it if I clutter too much, which I tend to do :P. I usually have a bag with library books sitting near my desk). And I can still look at the ones I plan to read soon, near my desk (I do that quite a bit, it cheers me up, looking at some of the books I plan to read). It's nice to know you leave them in piles around. I never thought about asking anyone what they do with their books once they've bought them.

Wow, you have a very organised system. :)

I really hope you like Big Little Lies! :smile2: I thought it was smashing! :smile2: 

On another note, I've started reading Look Me in the Eye by John Elder Robison (he's the brother of Augusten Burroughs, who is one of my favorite authors). It's about Robison's life with Asperger's, and I'm finding it a great read so far (I'm now 64 pages in). I thought it's something you might be interested in? :) I know you like to read about these things, as do I. Here's the synopsis from Amazon: (...)

Thanks, Frankie :)! I've added it to my 'books recommended to me' list :).

Thanks for that info. :) You must have read nearly all of the books by now? I once turned on the TV in the morning and saw a Geronimo Stilton cartoon. I immediately thought of you. :)

Wow, you have a very organised system. :)

I've read a lot of the books, but not all yet. I don't know exactly how many I've read. Some of them aren't yet on GoodReads so it's hard to estimate (the series order is different in Dutch than the original Italian, and not all books have been translated into English), other than loading the Dutch Wikipedia and going through the titles one by one. But I know I've read lots of them. I think I've read most of a lot of the series, but there are still some left to read. Thanks :).

Thanks, Kylie :).

I went to the library and picked up my reservations:

Francine Oomen - Rosa & Co 1: Hoe Overleeft Rosa In New York?

Thea Stilton - De Prins van Atlantis (Nel Regno di Atlantide: Il Principe di Atlantide)

Thea Stilton - Princessen van Fantasia 5: De Schaduwprinses (Principessa del Buio)

Geronimo Stilton - Kronieken van Fantasia 4: De Ring van Licht (L'Anello di Luce)

Geronimo Stilton - Kronieken van Fantasia 6: Het Geheim van de Ridders (Il Segreto dei Cavalieri)

LibraryLoans_2016-07-09_Spines_025.jpg

LibraryLoans_2016-07-09_Covers_025.jpg

I saw a couple of books for sale at the library:

Mirjam Mous - Vals Spel

Helen Vreeswijk - Overdosis

Helen Vreeswijk - Judas

Darren Shan - De Demonata 1: Grootmeester Van Het Kwaad (The Demonata 1: Lord Loss)

Rachel Ward - Nummers 1: Deadline (Numbers 1: Numbers)

NewBooksFromLibrarySaleish_Spines_025.jpg

NewBooksFromLibrarySaleish_Covers_025.jpg

I bought a couple of books from Terre des Hommes:

Stephen King - Dolan's Cadillac (Dolan's Cadillac)

Marion Pauw - Grijs Gebied

Mirjam Pressler - Ijstijd (Zeit Am Stiel)

Agatha Christie - De Verfilmde Bestsellers Van Agatha Christie: Hercule Poirot 13: Het ABC-mysterie, Hercule Poirot 26: De Werken Van Hercules, Tommy and Tuppence 3: N Of M (Hercule Poirot 13: The ABC Murders, Hercule Poirot 26: The Labours of Hercules, Tommy and Tuppence 3: N Or M?)

NewBooksTdH_Spines_0.25.jpg

NewBooksTdH_Covers_025.jpg

Wonderful pics, Gaia! I see an Ann Cleeves book in there.....I'm just reading one of hers. But it's another series, her Vera Stanhope one. We've been watching Vera, the tv series through Acorn. Quite good. Cleeves is an excellent writer. Hope you enjoy it!

How terrific to have gotten into a series that has soooooo many entries! :D

Wonderful pics, Gaia! I see an Ann Cleeves book in there.....I'm just reading one of hers. But it's another series, her Vera Stanhope one. We've been watching Vera, the tv series through Acorn. Quite good. Cleeves is an excellent writer. Hope you enjoy it!

How terrific to have gotten into a series that has soooooo many entries! :D

Thanks, Kate :). I'm glad you enjoyed the Ann Cleeves book you read, that bodes well for me :). Thanks!

I agree :D.

Those Tommy and Tuppence books are my favourite Agatha Christie`s. Hope you enjoy them. :)

That's good to hear, thanks :)!

I read Jodi Picoult - Nineteen Minutes, together with Anna. I loved this book. The chapters alternative between past and present and gradually you find out more about the characters. I really enjoyed reading every page this book. I really liked the characters. The book made me think, about different viewpoints on the school school for example. Jodi Picoult is good at writing about trials in an interesting way and I enjoyed reading about those kinds of things in this book. Jodi Picoult is one of my favourite contemporary fiction writers and this book didn't disappoint.

I received Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell - De Klif-Kronieken 0.5 / 4: De Vloek van de Schemergluiperd (The Edge Chronicles: The Quint Saga 1: The Curse of the Gloamglozer) as a gift from my sister :).

NewBookJKCover_025.jpg

NewBookJKSpine_0125.jpg

I read Thea Stilton - Princessen van Fantasia 5: De Schaduwprinses (Principessa del Buio). This series consists of 6 books, and this was the last book in the series I hadn't read yet. Because of that I of course knew some bits about the plot, but it was still enjoyable to read this book (and to read what happened in between books 4 and 6). I do really like all of these characters.

According to a Dutch Wikipedia page with a list of Stilton books, I calculated how many are currently published. The total comes down to 247, if I didn't make any mistakes (and I might have). Of those, I've currently read 160 (if I didn't make a mistake). There are a couple of books I'm not interested in. Below is a list of all the series and how many I've read of them.

Geronimo Stilton series: 72 (read: 51)

Groene Reeks: 6 (read: 4)

Rode Reeks: 1 (1 more coming in August) (never seen these, they are new; read: 0)

Noormuizen: 1 (I've never seen this; read: 0)

Gi-ga-boeken: 6 (read: 3; 1 more borrowed from the library now)

Geronimo Stilton Comic Books: 11 (I own one of these, but I never go to the comic book section really; read: 1)

Oerknagers: 9 (read: 7)

Superhelden: 5 (read: 5)

Fantasia: 10 (read: 10)

Reis door the Tijd: 8 (read: 6)

Kronieken van Fantasia: 6 (read: 4; + 2 currently borrowed from the library)

Ridders van Fantasia: 4 (read: 4)

De 12 Zwaarden: 2 (I've only seen 1, the 2nd one was just released or is going to be released soon; read: 1)

Oscar Tortuga: 5 (read: 2)

Joe Carrot: 5 (read: 5)

Klassiekers (classic retellings): 24 (read: 18)

Other: 17 (* includes a colouring book and holiday books and such, I'm not interested in a lot of these and the library probably won't have them) (read: 1)

Thea Stilton series: 19 (read: 17)

Thea Stilton Comic Books: 2 (never seen these as I don't often go to the comic book section) (read: 0)

Prinsessen van Fantasia: 6 (read: 6)

Heksen van Fantasia: 7 (read: 7)

Het leven op Topford: 17 (I don't like these much, so I stopped borrowing them; read: 5)

De Zeven Rozen: 4 (read: 3)

So I've read quite a few of them (particularly if you discount the books that I'm not interested in). I'll be sad to have less and less Stiltons to read, but then they are so enjoyable so I don't want to stop reading them haha.

Here's a list of currently all the books published, according to the Dutch Wikipedia, and which ones I've read. The ones with an "X" in front I've read. There may be errors in the titles or publication dates, I just got this off the Dutch Wikipedia and didn't check it for errors (so I apologise if there are any). In my original list there are spaces in front of the ones I haven't read, so that the list lines up (the numbers are underneath each other), but for some reason the forum deletes the spaces, so I'm putting 0's there instead.

Written by Geronimo Stilton:

Leesboeken (Geronimo Stilton series)

X 1. Mijn naam is Stilton, Geronimo Stilton (26 januari 2003)

002. Een noodkreet uit Transmuizanië (1 februari 2003)

X 3. Piraten van de Zilveren Kattenklauw (12 februari 2003)

X 4. Het Geheimzinnige geschrift van Nostradamuis (27 februari 2003)

005. Het Mysterie van de gezonken schat (26 april 2003)

X 6. Het raadsel van de Kaaspiramide (21 oktober 2003)

007. Bungelend aan een staartje (13 mei 2004)

008. De familie Duistermuis (13 mei 2004)

X 9. Echte muizenliefde is als kaas (7 september 2004)

X 10. Een plus een is een teveel (18 januari 2005)

X 11. De glimlach van Lisa (6 augustus 2005)

X 12. Knagers in het donkere woud (7 september 2005)

X 13. Kaas op wielen (15 september 2005)

0014. Vlinders in je buik (10 november 2005)

0015. Het is Kerstmis, Geronimo! (15 november 2005)

X 16. Het oog van smaragd (20 januari 2006)

X 17. Het spook van de metro (24 januari 2006)

0018. De voetbalkampioen (17 maart 2006)

X 19. Het kasteel van markies Kattebas (18 maart 2006)

X 20. Prettige vakantie, Stilton?! (12 mei 2006)

0021. Een koffer vol spelletjes (13 mei 2006)

X 22. De geheimzinnige kaasdief (19 juli 2006)

0023. Weekend met een gaatje (25 oktober 2006)

X 24. Halloween, lach of ik schiet (27 oktober 2006)

0025. Griezelquiz op leven en dood (19 februari 2007

X 26. Gi-Ga geitekaas, ik heb gewonnen (21 april 2007)

X 27. Een muizenissige Vakantie (28 juni 2007)

X 28. Welkom op kasteel vrekkenstein (18 augustus 2007)

0029. De rimboe in met Patty Spring (16 februari 2008)

X 30. Vier knagers in het wilde westen (20 juli 2008)

X 31. Geheime missie: Olympische Spelen (25 juli 2008)

X 32. Het geheim van Kerstmis (12 november 2008)

0033. De mysterieuze mummie (7 februari 2009)

X 34. Ik ben geen Supermuis! (9 mei 2009)

X 35. Geheim agent Nul Nul K (12 september 2009)

X 36. Een diefstal om van te smullen (1 februari 2010)

X 37. Red de witte walvis! (22 mei 2010)

X 38. De indiaan met het gouden hart (26 juni 2010)

X 39. Terug naar kasteel Vrekkenstein (24 juli 2010)

0040. De roof van de gi-ga-diamant (15 november 2010)

X 41. Oei, oei, ik zit in de knoei! (4 januari 2011)

0042. De ontdekking van de superparel (12 maart 2011)

X 43. Wie heeft Schrokopje ontvoerd?* (26 mei 2011)

X 44. Dertien spoken voor Duifje Duistermuis* (26 mei 2011)

X 45. Het hollende harnas (9 juni 2011)

X 46. Goud in gevaar (15 oktober 2011)

X 47. De schat van de duikelende dakhazen (16 oktober 2011)

0048. Duifje, het spijt me!** (22 december 2011)

0049. Een monsterlijk mysterie** (22 december 2011)

0050. De karatekampioen (7 februari 2012)

X 51. Schattenjacht in de Zwarte Heuvels (5 maart 2012)

X 52. De schat van de spookpiraat (10 mei 2012)

X 53. De kristallen gondel (6 juni 2012)

X 54. S.O.S. uit de ruimte! (7 augustus 2012)

X 55. Het monster van Lago Lago (15 oktober 2012)

X 56. Een muizenissige kerst in New York (23 november 2012)

X 57. Samoerai op ninjajacht*** (17 januari 2013)

X 58. Grote griezels:een gruwelsaurus! (25 februari 2013)

X 59. Rokfords rattige roddelpers (1 mei 2013)

0060. Op zoek naar de Rode Havik (1 juni 2013)

X 61. Wielrennen is écht mijn sport (12 juni 2013)

X 62. Geronimo moet verhuizen (2 juli 2013)

X 63. De verloren vampier (23 oktober 2013)

X 64. Wie wordt de nieuwe meesterchef? (7 december 2013)

X 65. Een magische kerst (2 december 2013)

X 66. Het leven lijkt een rodeo (17 januari 2014)

X 67. Op missie in Moskou (1 februari 2014)

0068. De schat van Paaseiland (3 april 2014)

X 69. Bombarie in Brazilië (1 mei 2014)

X 70. Het raadsel van Londen*** (30 juni 2014)

0071. De roof van het gouden boek (26 juli 2014)

0072. Geef gas, Geronimo! (13 september 2014)

De Groene Reeks

X 1. Het kasteel van de 100 verhalen (18 februari 2015)

X 2. Snottebellenslakkensoep? Heerlijk! (17 april 2015)

003. Pukkelpaniek! (19 augustus 2015)

X 4. Hoe vang je een mummie? (15 december 2015)

X 5. Muis overboord (10 februari 2016)

006. Griezelen in de achtbaan (12 april 2016)

Rode reeks

001. De grote voetbalfinale (23 mei 2016)

002. Bollywood op Stelten (verwacht: 22 augustus 2016)

Fantasia

X 1. Fantasia (22 november 2004)

X 2. Fantasia II - De speurtocht naar het geluk (21 september 2005)

X 3. Fantasia III (24 april 2008)

X 4. Fantasia IV - Het drakenei (26 mei 2009)

X 5. Fantasia V (28 juni 2010)

X 6. Fantasia VI (17 oktober 2011)

X 7. Fantasia VII (18 oktober 2012)

X 8. Fantasia VIII (18 oktober 2013)

X 9. Fantasia IX - De fenomenale reis (17 oktober 2014)

X 10. Fantasia X (16 oktober 2015)

Reis door de tijd

X 1. Reis door de tijd 1 (23 november 2006)

002. Reis door de tijd 2 (25 augustus 2007)

X 3. Reis door de tijd 3 (24 november 2010)

X 4. Reis door de tijd 4 (18 juli 2012)

X 5. Reis door de tijd 5 (15 april 2013)

X 6. Reis door de tijd 6 (8 mei 2014)

X 7. Reis door de tijd 7 (6 mei 2015)

008. Reis door de tijd 8 (27 april 2016)

Noormuizen

001. Het gevecht tegen de monsterdraken (28 augustus 2015)

Gi-ga-boeken

X De grote invasie van Rokford (21 oktober 2009)

00Schimmen in het Schedelslot (31 oktober 2013)

X De avonturen van Odysseus (4 maart 2010)

X De avonturen van koning Arthur (30 januari 2012)

00De avonturen van Marco Polo (17 september 2012)

00Geronimo Stilton and Thea Stilton - De prins van Atlantis (20 juni 2011)

Geronimo Stilton stripboeken

001. De ontdekking van Amerika (20 november 2007)

002. Het Geheim van de sfinx (19 maart 2008)

003. Ontvoering in het Colosseum (4 oktober 2008)

004. Op pad met Marco Polo (16 maart 2009)

005. Terug naar de ijstijd (14 september 2009)

006. Wie heeft de Mona Lisa gestolen? (28 september 2010)

X 7. Op naar de prehistorie! (27 augustus 2010)

008. Lang leve de Olympische Spelen! (8 mei 2012)

009. De strijd om de Eiffeltoren (27 juli 2013)

0010. De snelste trein van het Wilde Westen (12 augustus 2014)

0011. Een muis op de maan (16 juli 2015)

Kronieken van Fantasia

X 1. Het verloren rijk (13 september 2010)

X 2. De betoverde poort (23 februari 2011)

X 3. Het sprekende woud (4 oktober 2011)

004. De ring van licht (12 april 2012)

X 5. Het versteende eiland (11 september 2012)

006. Het geheim van de ridders (14 februari 2013)

Ridders van Fantasia

X 1. Het Dromenlabyrint (15 september 2013)

X 2. Het kristallen zwaard (20 februari 2014)

X 3. Het ontwaken der reuzen (10 december 2014)

X 4. De duistere kroon (27 maart 2015)

De 13 Zwaarden (Geronimo Stilton and Thea Stilton)

X 1. De spiegel der duisternis (25 maart 2016)

002. Het kwade verbond (verwacht: 21 juni 2016)

Oerknagers

X 1. Wie heeft de vuursteen gestolen? (19 juli 2012)

002. Help,het regent stenen! (12 december 2012)

X 3. Het pruttelt onder mijn poten (1 maart 2013)

X 4. Klaar voor de start! De Oerlympische spelen (18 september 2013)

X 5. Een berg op pootjes (4 januari 2014)

X 6. De Stenen Moppentapper (26 februari 2014)

X 7. Dinopech (17 december 2014)

X 8. Zi-wat zeerat op jacht naar de schat (27 januari 2015)

009. De Verschrikkelijke Sneeuwrat (14 januari 2016)

Superhelden

X 1. De bende van Ratstad (00 februari 2010)

X 2. De invasie van de megamonsters (00 september 2010)

X 3. De aanval van de krekelwroeters (00 januari 2011)

X 4. Superhelden tegen de dubbelgangers (00 juli 2011)

X 5. Het gevaarlijke snotmonster (00 september 2011)

Written by Oscar Tortuga:

Oscar Tortuga

001. Losgeld voor Geronimo (00 september 2008)

X 2. Wie wint Geronimo (om op te eten)? (00 maart 2009)

003. De schat van kapitein Kwelgeest (00 oktober 2009)

004. Blijf met je poten van mijn goud af! (00 juni 2010)

X 5. Er valt niets te lachen, Stilton! (00 oktober 2010)

Written by Joe Carrot:

Joe Carrot

X 1. Eén minuut voor middernacht (00 januari 2010)

X 2. De vuurpijl (00 januari 2010)

X 3. De ongrijpbare Rode Klauw (00 juli 2010)

X 4. Het duistere huis (00 december 2010)

X 5. Het rupsenraadsel (00 juni 2011)

Klassiekers

X Het zwaard in de steen (in België: Koning Arthur) (2 december 2009)

X De drie muisketiers (in België: De drie musketiers) (3 december 2009)

X De reis om de wereld in 80 dagen (5 december 2009)

00Schateiland (in België: Schatteneiland) (13 december 2009)

X Onder Moeders Vleugels (3 april 2010)

X Het jungleboek (3 april 2010)

X De roep van de wildernis (15 november 2010)

X Robin Hood (15 november 2010)

X Twintigduizend mijl onder zee (11 april 2011)

X Heidi (11 april 2011)

X Sandokan - De piraat (7 november 2011)

00Peter Pan (7 november 2011)

X Alice in Wonderland (25 februari 2012)

X De avonturen van Tom Sawyer (15 november 2012)

X De avonturen van Robinson Crusoe (15 januari 2013)

X De geheime tuin (1 april 2013)

00De tovenaar van Oz (1 augustus 2013)

00Op eigen wieken (3 november 2013

00Gullivers reizen (19 december 2013)

X Jolanda, dochter van de zwarte piraat (14 mei 2014)

X Het monster van Frankenstein (17 december 2014)

X Moby Dick, de witte walvis (7 juli 2015)

X Scrooge, een kerstvertelling (15 oktober 2015)

00De zwarte piraat (24 maart 2016)

Buiten de reeks

X Boekje over geluk

00Boekje over vrede

00Het ware verhaal over Geronimo Stilton

00Koken met Geronimo Stilton

00Knaag gezond, Geronimo!

00Tussen gaap en slaap

00Spelletjesmagazine 1

00Spelletjesmagazine 2

00Knutselen met Geronimo & Co

00Vakantie voor iedereen 1

00Vakantie voor iedereen 2

00Vakantie voor iedereen 3

00Vakantie voor iedereen 4

00Vakantie voor iedereen 5

00Geronimo's sprookjesboek

00Geronimo's kleur- en spelletjesboek

00Duizend monsters, wat een feest!

Written by Thea Stilton:

Thea Stilton / Thea Sisters:

X 1. De Drakencode (26 februari 2008)

002. De Thea Sisters op avontuur (27 oktober 2008)

X 3. De Sprekende Berg (21 januari 2009)

004. De Thea Sisters in Parijs (4 augustus 2009)

X 5. De verborgen stad (11 november 2009)

X 6. Het ijzingwekkende geheim (30 januari 2010)

X 7. Op zoek naar de blauwe scarabee (22 februari 2010)

X 8. Het mysterie van de zwarte pop (21 juni 2010)

X 9. Schipbreuk in de ruimte (13 januari 2011)

X 10. New York in rep en roer (29 augustus 2011)

X 11. Diefstal op de Oriënt Express (10 november 2011)

X 12. Gekrakeel om een Schots kasteel (25 juni 2012)

X 13. Een pracht van een smaragd (15 december 2012)

X 14. Vijf prima ballerina's (7 maart 2013)

X 15. Viva flamenco (19 juli 2013)

X 16. Help, we missen een welp! (1 november 2013)

X 17. Paniek op Hawaï (3 juli 2014)

X 18. Liefde aan het hof van de tsaar (2 februari 2015)

X 19. De jacht op de Zwarte Tulp (17 februari 2016)

De Thea Sisters stripboeken

001. De orka van Walviseiland (22 december 2009)

002. De schat van het Vikingschip (1 juli 2010)

Prinsessen van Fantasia

X 1. De IJsprinses (13 september 2010)

X 2. De Koraalprinses (10 februari 2011)

X 3. De Woestijnprinses (29 september 2011)

X 4. De Woudprinses (26 maart 2012)

X 5. De Schaduwprinses (17 september 2012)

X 6. De Koningin van de Slaap (14 februari 2013)

Heksen van Fantasia

X 1. De heks van Eb en Vloed (16 augustus 2013)

X 2. De heks van Vuur en Vlam (15 november 2013)

X 3. De heks van Klank en Toon (17 januari 2014)

X 4. De heks van Weer en Wind (1 september 2014)

X 5. De heks van Stof en As (20 maart 2015)

X 6. De heks van Geur en Kleur (4 augustus 2015)

X 7. De heks van Al het Kwaad (18 november 2015)

Het leven op Topford

X 1. Liefde in de schijnwerpers (16 maart 2011)

002. Het geheime dagboek van Colette (16 maart 2011)

003. De Thea Sisters in gevaar (19 november 2011)

X 4. De danswedstrijd (19 november 2011)

005. Het supergeheime project (10 maart 2012)

X 6. De magische muisical (15 januari 2013)

X 7. Op naar de top (16 januari 2013)

008. Wie verstopt zich op Topford? (26 juni 2013)

009. Een geheimzinnige liefdesbrief (26 juni 2013)

0010. De dierenkliniek (27 april 2014)

0011. Bedrog op de catwalk (27 april 2014)

X 12. Het spookhuis (13 augustus 2014)

0013. Een prinsheerlijk feest (13 augustus 2014)

0014. Schatjes van schildpadjes (28 mei 2015)

0015. Topford in Hollywood sferen (28 mei 2015)

0016. Topsport op Topford (16 juni 2016)

0017. Onrust op de manege (16 juni 2016)

De Zeven Rozen

X 1. Het betoverde meer (18 mei 2013)

X 2. Het Bevroren Paradijs (5 februari 2014)

X 3. Het Wonderlijke Wolkenland (12 mei 2015)

004. De Feeën van de Zeven Zeeën (14 mei 2016)

Good grief ! So many books. That`s some work ethic there ! :)

I agree, it's a lot of books :)! They're written by a whole team of people. I'm not sure how many people are in the team, but it's still a huge accomplishment (in my opinion).

I read Geronimo Stilton - Kronieken van Fantasia 4: De Ring van Licht (L'Anello di Luce). It was nice to read this book, and it does explain a few events in other books (that I presume were written after this one; though possibly the plot twist in one of those books would've impacted me less had I read this book first). I'll be reading book 6, the last book in the series, next.

Very impressive list! :)

I read Geronimo Stilton - Kronieken van Fantasia 6: Het Geheim van de Ridders (Il Segreto dei Cavalieri). It was nice to read the conclusion of this series. I will say reading them out of order isn't the best thing to do, but gladly things are recapped a little bit. I enjoyed reading this book. It's on the other hand also sad to have finished this series. I had finished the Ridders van Fantasia, the Princessen van Fantasia and the Heksen van Fantasia series recently as well. On one hand it's nice to have finished off all these storylines, and on the other it's a bit sad as that means it's over. The 13 Zwaarden series (that one also takes place in Fantasia) is still being published, so far only book 1 is out, I guess it's just waiting now for them to publish more of those :P.

EDIT: I read Thea Stilton - De Prins van Atlantis (Nel Regno di Atlantide: Il Principe di Atlantide). I enjoyed reading this book. The illustrations were nice and I enjoyed reading the story.

Edited by Athena

I read Francine Oomen - Rosa & Co 1: Hoe Overleeft Rosa In New York?. It was quite good. I read it in one day (okay the font was a bit big, that helped too). I really enjoyed reading this book. It is different than the HOI series though, there aren't as many tips and e-mails and such. There are tips, e-mails and chats and such occasionally though. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this book.

EDIT:

I bought 2 books in Terre des Hommes:

J. K. Rowling - Harry Potter 1: Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone

Joanne Harris - Chocolat 2: Rode Schoenen (The Lollipop Shoes)

I already own two copies of the first Harry Potter book (one English and one Dutch), but this is the same edition I read when I read the book for English class in high school (the first time I read the book). I doubted whether I should buy it or not, but in the end decided to buy it.

I haven't read Chocolat yet, and didn't actually know Rode Schoenen was the sequel (in Dutch), but another customer at the shop walked up to me and said she really liked the book, and that it was the sequel to Chocolat :).

NewBooksTdH_2016-07-16_Spines_0125.jpg

NewBooksTdH_2016-07-16_Covers_025.jpg

Edited by Athena

I read Francine Oomen - Rosa & Co 1: Hoe Overleeft Rosa In New York?. It was quite good. I read it in one day (okay the font was a bit big, that helped too). I really enjoyed reading this book. It is different than the HOI series though, there aren't as many tips and e-mails and such. There are tips, e-mails and chats and such occasionally though. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this book.

EDIT:

I bought 2 books in Terre des Hommes:

J. K. Rowling - Harry Potter 1: Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone

Joanne Harris - Chocolat 2: Rode Schoenen (The Lollipop Shoes)

I already own two copies of the first Harry Potter book (one English and one Dutch), but this is the same edition I read when I read the book for English class in high school (the first time I read the book). I doubted whether I should buy it or not, but in the end decided to buy it.

I haven't read Chocolat yet, and didn't actually know Rode Schoenen was the sequel (in Dutch), but another customer at the shop walked up to me and said she really liked the book, and that it was the sequel to Chocolat :).

attachicon.gifNewBooksTdH_2016-07-16_Spines_0125.jpg

attachicon.gifNewBooksTdH_2016-07-16_Covers_025.jpg

Underlining and bolding in above quote mine.  :D      GOOD Decision!! :giggle:

Nice pics too.  The background is very pretty too!

Underlining and bolding in above quote mine.  :D      GOOD Decision!! :giggle:

Nice pics too.  The background is very pretty too!

Haha, thanks :D.

Thanks :)! The background is my tablecloth and living room :)

The new books look great ! I think that's the harry potter edition which I have,too.

I enjoyed chocolat ; no idea there was a sequel, so that's another one to look up. :)

Thanks :)! I didn't know either until the lady in the shop mentioned it, but I hope it'll be good :).

Yay for new books!

I ordered some more books online... :blush2::D. Some of them will take a little while to get here, others should get here within a few days, but I'm going to wait with opening up the package(s) until I get back from the dentist in a few days' time. As a reward for myself (I have a cavity :( ).

I ordered some more books online... :blush2::D. Some of them will take a little while to get here, others should get here within a few days, but I'm going to wait with opening up the package(s) until I get back from the dentist in a few days' time. As a reward for myself (I have a cavity :( ).

Boo. :(

The idea of the books as a treat is a good one. :)

Perhaps not the best time to point out that I don`t bother with anaesthetics at the dentist ; the drilling doesn`t bother me.  :giggle2:  Though I get all flustered and shaky if I need anything doing to my eyes.  :hide:  We`re all different, aren`t we.  :friends3:

Edited by Little Pixie

Boo. :(

The idea of the books as a treat is a good one. :)

Perhaps not the best time to point out that I don`t bother with anaesthetics at the dentist ; the drilling doesn`t bother me.  :giggle2:  Though I get all flustered and shaky if I need anything doing to my eyes.  :hide:  We`re all different, aren`t we.  :friends3:

I agree, I thought they'd be a nice treat :).

I have to have the anaethetics, they help me feel less of the process (I'm quite sensitive). I don't think I'd be comfortable with my eyes either, but gladly I've not needed much done with them other than tests at the opticians. Yes, we're all different :friends3:.