Athena's Reading List 2016

Athena

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurray ! New books !  :D

Here are the books. First, I went to the library and found some nice books. I plan to save most of them for the read-a-thon but three are less suited for that so I plan to read those sooner (I'm currenty reading the first Little House... book).

Library Loans:

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 1: Mijn Naam Is Stilton, Geronimo Stilton (Il Mio Nome è Stilton, Geronimo Stilton)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 12: Knagers In Het Donkere Woud (Quattro Topi Nella Giungla Nera)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 26: Gi-ga-geitenkaas, Ik Heb Gewonnen! (Per Mille Mozzarelle... Ho Vinto Al Tototopo!)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 39: Terug Naar Kasteel Vrekkenstein (Ritorno A Rocca Taccagna)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 54: SOS Uit De Ruimte! (S.O.S. C'è Un Topo Nello Spazio!)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 56: Een Muizenissige Kerst In New York (Inseguimento A New York)

Geronimo Stilton - Oerknagers 3: Het Pruttelt Onder Mijn Poten (Sei Nella Lava Fino Al Colllo, Stiltonút!)

Geronimo Stilton - Oerknagers 7: Dinopech (Mi Si È Bucato Il Trottosauro!)

Geronimo Stilton - Reis Door De Tijd (1) (Viaggo Nel Tempo)

Jeff Kinney - Diary of a Wimpy Kid 10: Old School

Geoff Rodkey - The Tapper Twins 2: The Tapper Twins Tear Up New York

Rachel Renée Russell - Dork Diaries 10: Tales From A Not-So-Perfect Pet Sitter

Rachel Renée Russell - Dagboek van een Muts 3.5: Mijn Gemuts (Dork Diaries 3.5: How To Dork Your Diary)

Stephan Pastis - Flip Fiasco 2: Wat Nu Weer? (Timmy Failure 2: Now Look What You've Done)

Angie Spady and Channing Everidge - Dagboek Van Een Modemeisje 1: Dagboek Van Een Modemeisje (The Desperate Diva Diaries 1: Catie Conrad: Faith, Friendschip and Fashion Disasters!)

Lincoln Peirce - Niek De Groot 1: Brokkenpiloot (Big Nate 1: Big Nate In A Class By Himself)

Lincoln Peirce - Niek De Groot 5: Niek De Groot Draait Door (Big Nate 5: Big Nate Flips Out)

Laura Ingalls Wilder - Het Kleine Huis 1: In Het Grote Bos (Little House On The Prairie 1: Little House In The Big Woods)

Laura Ingalls Wilder - Het Kleine Huis 2: Op De Prairie (Little House On The Prairie 2: Little House On The Prairie)

Kate Dicamillo (ill. K. G. Campbell) - Flora En De Fantastische Eekhoorn (Flora & Ulysses)

LibraryLoansSpines.jpg

LibraryLoansCovers1.jpg

LibraryLoansCovers2.jpg

LibraryLoansCovers4.jpg

LibraryLoansCovers5.jpg

LibraryLoansCovers3.jpg

After going to the library I stopped by the charity shop. I didn't plan on buying much, but then the lady who knows me, said she had three more boxes of science-fiction so she went to get them for me. She did me a great deal, the books were even cheaper than last time I bought a lot of SF there.

Terre des Hommes:

Diane Carey - Star Trek: Voyager: Flashback

Dafydd ab Hugh - Star Trek: Voyager: Invasion 4: The Final Fury

L.A. Graf - Star Trek: Voyager 1: Caretaker

Dean Wesley Smith and Kristine Kathryn Rusch - Star Trek: Voyager 2: The Escape

Nathan Archer - Star Trek: Voyager 3: Ragnarok

Susan Wright - Star Trek: Voyager 4: Violations

John Gregory Betancourt - Star Trek: Voyager 5: Incident At Arbuk

Christie Golden - Star Trek: Voyager 6: The Murdered Sun

Mark Garland and Charles G. McGraw - Star Trek: Voyager 7: Ghost Of A Chance

S. N. Lewitt - Star Trek: Voyager 8: Cybersong

Karen Haber - Star Trek: Voyager 10: Bless The Beasts

Greg Cox - Star Trek: Voyager 13: The Black Shore

Christie Golden - Star Trek: Voyager 14: Marooned

Eric Kotani - Star Trek: Voyager 17: Death Of A Neutron Star

Orson Scott Card - Maps In A Mirror 2: Volume 2

Orson Scott Card - Treasure Box

Orson Scott Card and Aaron Johnston - The First Formic War 1: Earth Unaware

Orson Scott Card - Pathfinder 1: Pathfinder

Orson Scott Card - Tales Of Alvin Maker 1: Zevende Zoon: Het Eerste Leven Van Alvin Maker (Seventh Son)

Orson Scott Card - Tales Of Alvin Maker 2: Rode Profeet: Het Tweede Leven Van Alvin Maker (Red Prophet)

Orson Scott Card - Tales Of Alvin Maker 3: Alvin In De Leer: Het Derde Leven Van Alvin Maker (Prentice Alvin)

Orson Scott Card - Tales Of Alvin Maker 4: Alvin Journeyman

Orson Scott Card - Tales Of Alvin Maker 5: Heartfire

Anne McCaffrey and Margaret Ball - Acorna 2: Acorna's Quest

Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Ann Scarborough - Acorna 4: Acorna's World

Anne McCaffrey and Margaret Ball - Brain & Brawn Ship 2: PartnerShip

Anne McCaffrey and Marcedes Lackey - Brain & Brawn Ship 3: The Ship Who Searched

S. M. Stirling - Brain & Brawn Ship 7: The Ship Avenged

Anne McCaffrey and Jody Lynn Nye - Planet Pirates 2: The Death Of Sleep

Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Moon - Planet Pirates 3: Generation Warriors

Elizabeth Moon - The Serrano Legacy 2: Sporting Chance

Elizabeth Moon - The Serrano Legacy 5: Rules Of Engagement

Tad Williams - Shadowmarch 1: Shadowmarch

Tad Williams - The War Of The Flowers

Tad Williams - Bobby Dollar 1: The Dirty Streets Of Heaven

Jack Vance - De Vandalen Van De Ruimte (Vandals Of The Void)

Jack Vance - Gaean Reach: Ports Of Call

Elizabeth Hand - 12 Monkeys

Isaac Asimov - Robot 2: De Blote Zon (The Naked Sun)

David Eddings - The Losers

George R.R. Martin, Howard Waldrop, Roger Zelazny, Walter Jon Williams, Melinda M. Snodgrass, Michael Cassutt, David D. Levine, Lewis Shiner, Victor Milán, Edward Bryant, Leanne C. Harper, Stephen Leig, Carrie Vaughn, John J. Miller - Wild Cards 1: Wild Cars I

John Wyndham - Triffids 1: De Triffids Komen (The Day Of The Triffids)

Julian May - The Galactic Milieu Trilogy 3: Magnificat

Greg Bear - The Forge Of God 1: Gods Smidse (The Forge Of God 1: The Forge Of God)

Tom Clancy - Jack Ryan 7: The Sum Of All Fears (Michael wanted this one)

Lord Of The Rings Comic Books 1: Volume 1

Lord Of The Rings Comic Books 2: Volume 2

Lord Of The Rings Comic Books 3: Volume 3

NewBooksTdHSpines.jpg

NewBooksTdHSpinesPile1.jpg

NewBooksTdHSpinesPile2.jpg

NewBooksTdHCovers1.jpg

NewBooksTdHCovers2.jpg

NewBooksTdHCovers3.jpg

NewBooksTdHCovers4.jpg

NewBooksTdHCovers5.jpg

NewBooksTdHCovers6.jpg

NewBooksTdHCovers7.jpg

NewBooksTdHCovers8.jpg

NewBooksTdHCovers9.jpg

NewBooksTdHCovers10.jpg

NewBooksTdHCovers11.jpg

I'm so happy with all my books :D!

So many books, and LP is right - they look in great condition too.  :smile:

It's a great idea thinking of ones that are Read-a-thon reads. I am yet to join a read-a-thon as I am always in the middle of a meaty read when they come around, and don't want to read anything else for the weekend.  :giggle2: Maybe a little planning would solve that issue for me. 

Ooh, you got lots of the Voyager books - lovely ! Those books look like they`re in a nice condition too.  :D

Thanks Sarah :D. They are! The only thing was they smelled a bit, so I aired them yesterday and they smell more 'neutral' now.

So many books, and LP is right - they look in great condition too.  :smile:

It's a great idea thinking of ones that are Read-a-thon reads. I am yet to join a read-a-thon as I am always in the middle of a meaty read when they come around, and don't want to read anything else for the weekend.  :giggle2: Maybe a little planning would solve that issue for me.

Thanks Chrissy :).

It makes sense you don't want to put it down to read something else, I wouldn't want to do that either. I always try to plan so I'm not in the middle of a big read just before the read-a-thon. Though sometimes it can be awkward, as I know I shouldn't start a meaty read when it's too close to the read-a-thon, but usually it works out (if I want to read something meaty I usually start it soon after the read-a-thon, after finishing off those reads). But I do like doing the read-a-thon so. Maybe planning can help you :).

I read Laura Ingalls Wilder - Het Kleine Huis 1: In Het Grote Bos (Little House On The Prairie 1: Little House In The Big Woods). I've never read this series before, and I have to say I found it quite interesting to read what life was like back then (in the US). I'm glad I read the Dutch translation, because even in the Dutch translation there were some words I didn't know. The English would have confused me even more. I gathered some of the meanings from the context, though. I quite enjoyed reading this book.

I'm currently reading book 2 in the series (Het Kleine Huis 2: Op De Prairie (Little House On The Prairie 2: Little House On The Prairie)) and am enjoying it so far. I would like to read all the books in this series. I've borrowed these two from the library, hopefully I can borrow the rest of the series too from the library. From what I've seen they seem to have all of them.

I hope you do! The Little House books are all good :)

I read Laura Ingalls Wilder - Het Kleine Huis 2: Op De Prairie (Little House On The Prairie 2: Little House On The Prairie). I quite enjoyed this one too. It gives a nice view of life back then for Laura.

Anna, I will try to find the rest of them at the library. Is it important to read them in order? I suppose that would make the most sense.

I read Kate Dicamillo (ill. K. G. Campbell) - Flora En De Fantastische Eekhoorn (Flora & Ulysses). This was a nice and different story, with nice illustrations. I enjoyed reading it though it wasn't anything extremely brilliant. But it was enjoyable and I don't regret reading it. The characters were nice, and the book was amusing in places. The book is about Flora, a girl, and a squirrel who gets sucked up by a powerful vacuum cleaner and then gets magical powers. He can do a bit of flying and he can compose poetry.

An interesting thing is, Ulysses is the Latin name for Odysseus, the Greek hero (for example, from the books The Iliad and The Odyssey, to give the English names. The Greek name for The Odyssey is Ὀδύσσεια). In the Netherlands, we always use Odysseus, as per the original name (Ὀδυσσεύς). But it seems in English, it's usually Ulysses? The squirrel is named Ulysses in the original English, and Odysseus in the Dutch translation. It is worth noting that in Latin, Ulysses would not actually be pronounced the way it's pronounced in English. At least, that's what I've been taught in secondary school Latin class (and yes, in the Dutch language, and also in Greek class we would pronounce Odysseus the way we think the ancient Greeks did). Okay, that's enough nerdyness / geekiness from me :blush2:.

Great haul!  I haven't seen much of ST:Voyager, I'll be interested in how you like the books.  They are in great condition too.  Nice! :D

Glad to see Wyndham's The Day of the Triffids in the stack!  It's one of my all time favorites.  Haven't seen that cover though.  I have a couple of copies around here, an old paperback from 40ish years ago, lol, and an original hardback I found at a library sale many years ago.  Here is that cover, http://www.amazon.com/Day-Triffids-John-Wyndham/dp/B00EOEPVIY/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1461862159&sr=8-8&keywords=the+day+of+the+triffids%27

BTW, there is a sequel...not as good and not by Wyndham, but worth the read if only for completeness sake.  The Night of the Triffids by Simon Clark http://www.amazon.com/Night-Triffids-Simon-18-Oct-2001-Paperback/dp/B011T8F01U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1461862019&sr=8-2&keywords=the+night+of+the+triffids%27   But believe me, I didn't pay that price for it!! Hah! :D

Thanks, Kate :D.

That's a good looking cover :). I'm happy to hear you liked this book so much.

Ah wow, I didn't know. I'm glad you got it at a much better price :D. I'll have to keep an eye out and see if I ever spot it for a good price :).

EDIT: I received an email which said The Unusual Second Life of Thomas Weaver 5: Episode Five by Shawn Inmon is out, so I bought it (on my Kindle) :). I quite liked the previous 4 episodes, so hopefully this one will be good too. Episode 6 will be the last, so that's good since that means no more cliffhangers after #5 :P.

Edited by Athena

Here's what I just read for my May read-a-thon.

I read: Ann M. Martin - De Babysittersclub 43: Petra in Nood! (The Babysitter's Club 43: Stacey's Emergency) (re-read), Ann M. Martin - The Babysitters Club 44: Dawn and the Big Sleepover (re-read) and Ann M. Martin - The Babysitters Club Super Special 6: New York, New York. I enjoyed all three of these. The Super Special was new to me, and at first I wasn't sure if it was going to be good, seeing as there has already been a book on New York in the normal series, that I read a while ago. But I actually really enjoyed this Super Special.

Then I read A. C. Baantjer - Baantjer 24: De Cock en de Moord op Termijn. This was a pretty good detective story, and I didn't guess who the murderer was.

I read Terry Deary and Neil Tonge (ill. Martin Brown) - Horrible Histories: The Terrible Tudors. This is the first Horrible Histories book I read in English. I enjoyed reading this book and learning more about the Tudors, though it wasn't my favourite in the series. Or maybe the jokes are just easier for me to understand when I read a Dutch book. But it was enjoyable anyway, and I learned some things.

I also read a lot of Stiltons:

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 1: Mijn Naam Is Stilton, Geronimo Stilton (Il Mio Nome è Stilton, Geronimo Stilton)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 12: Knagers In Het Donkere Woud (Quattro Topi Nella Giungla Nera)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 26: Gi-ga-geitenkaas, Ik Heb Gewonnen! (Per Mille Mozzarelle... Ho Vinto Al Tototopo!)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 39: Terug Naar Kasteel Vrekkenstein (Ritorno A Rocca Taccagna)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 54: SOS Uit De Ruimte! (S.O.S. C'è Un Topo Nello Spazio!)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 56: Een Muizenissige Kerst In New York (Inseguimento A New York)

Geronimo Stilton - Oerknagers 3: Het Pruttelt Onder Mijn Poten (Sei Nella Lava Fino Al Colllo, Stiltonút!)

Geronimo Stilton - Oerknagers 7: Dinopech (Mi Si È Bucato Il Trottosauro!)

Geronimo Stilton - Reis Door De Tijd (1) (Viaggo Nel Tempo)

I enjoyed most of these a lot. For the first time, I read book 1. And I actually found I didn't like it as much as most of the other ones :doh:. Out of these, I enjoyed Reis Door De Tijd 1 the most, but that one's 3 x as long as the other ones, so that makes sense (there's a bit more to the story and it's slightly more complicated. The book also contains some information on three different time periods).

I also read Jeff Kinney - Diary of a Wimpy Kid 10: Old School. I've read a lot of the books in the series though not all of them yet (but most). I enjoyed reading this book and giggled at times.

Then I read Rachel Renée Russell - Dagboek van een Muts 3.5: Mijn Gemuts (Dork Diaries 3.5: How To Dork Your Diary). This book contains a lot of diary prompts, so the 190 pages of text flew by quickly. There is a story going on which is the reason I borrowed the book. The second half of the book is all empty lined pages, so obviously I didn't really "read" these pages (hence why I didn't count them). The story that was going on, was nice, but not as good as the usual books. I also found it was a bit similar to what happens in a later book in the series (obviously this one was first, but okay). I enjoyed the book though, even if it wasn't as enjoyable for me as most of the other ones in this series.

I also read Rachel Renée Russell - Dork Diaries 10: Tales From A Not-So-Perfect Pet Sitter. I enjoyed this book, particularly the illustrations of the dogs. I didn't enjoy this book as much as some other books in the series (I've read all the ones before it), but it was an enjoyable read.

Next I read Stephan Pastis - Flip Fiasco 2: Wat Nu Weer? (Timmy Failure 2: Now Look What You've Done). I read book 1 in this series I think last year, and this one was enjoyable too. There were some funny moments.

I read Geoff Rodkey - The Tapper Twins 2: The Tapper Twins Tear Up New York. I read book 1 in this series on April 1rst, for the previous read-a-thon. I quite liked this second book too. It was a bit crazy but I quite liked it. The book is told solely through recorded interviews / characters who tell what happened (printed in the book) and through some texts, emails and computer messages. I think it's an interesting way of telling the story. I quite liked the ending.

Then I read Angie Spady and Channing Everidge - Dagboek Van Een Modemeisje 1: Vriendschap, Geloof en Modeblunders! (The Desperate Diva Diaries 1: Catie Conrad: Faith, Friendschip and Fashion Disasters!). This book was a bit different than most of these 'diary' books, the Christian faith plays a big role. For example, when the main character has a problem, her parents point to the Bible for advice, that sort of thing. I definitely enjoyed the book more than I thought I would when I just started reading it. I didn't know this when I borrowed the book, because it's not mentioned on the back (I know, it's in the title, but I didn't really look at the title when I borrowed it. I just looked at the front cover, which doesn't have the title on it, just the series' name. So I thought the first book in the series just had the same title as the series. That often happens so). Anyway.. when I found out through reading, I wasn't sure about continuing with this book. Reading books in which religion plays a large role, isn't really for me and it's not something I often do. I particularly can't stand preachy books. Anyway, I persisted and found I did like the book. While I didn't enjoy it as much as most of the other diary books I read for this read-a-thon, I have to commend the author for trying something different. I'm sure to Christians this book would be more up their alley. It's just not quite my thing. I did enjoy reading it somewhat though and I'm glad I did read it.

I read Lincoln Peirce - Niek De Groot 1: Brokkenpiloot (Big Nate 1: Big Nate In A Class By Himself) and Lincoln Peirce - Niek De Groot 5: Niek De Groot Draait Door (Big Nate 5: Big Nate Flips Out). I look forward to reading the other books in this series, as I quite enjoyed reading these two. The illustrations were nice and the books were funny sometimes.

Lastly I read Shawn Inmon - The Unusual Second Life Of Thomas Weaver 5: Episode Five. This was a nice continuation though as usual I wish it was longer :P. I want to find out how it will all end. But I'll have to wait a little while longer, because Episode Five was only just released. Episode Six will be the last one, but I guess it might take a few months before that one is out. Anyway, I enjoyed this continuation. The story continued differently than what I was expecting, the story surprised me. It wasn't the best episode in the series but it was nice.

April 2016 Summary

Books read: 36

Pages read: 7058

Books read in the read-a-thon: 11 (excluding 6 at the end of March) + 17 of the May read-a-thon (excluding books read on May 1rst)

Pages read in the read-a-thon: 1606 (exluding 825 pages at the end of March) + 2918 of the May read-a-thon (excluding books read on May 1rst)

Books read outside of the read-a-thon: 8

Pages read outside of the read-a-thon: 1911

Most impressive / Favourites of the month:

James Clemens - The Banned and the Banished 1: Wit'ch Fire (re-read)

Dorothy Koomson - That Girl From Nowhere 1: That Girl From Nowhere

Peter F. Hamilton - Fallen Dragon

And some of my read-a-thon reads. I also quite liked books 1 and 2 of Little House On The Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Biggest disappointment / Least favourite of the month:

(nothing)

Other notes:

I read part of James Clemens - The Banned and the Banished 2: Wit'ch Storm but put it down as I didn't feel in the mood for it anymore. I don't want to call it a disappointment, because I know I will enjoy re-reading the book when I feel in the mood for it.

I read Michael Grant - Gone 4: Plague. It had been a few months since I read book 3, and I was very happy to go back into this world and read the continuation of the story. I had to take a moment to remember where the previous book ended, but gladly the book explains it pretty well by mentioning little tidbits every now and then, in an noninvasive way. I really enjoyed reading this book. I only had one complaint, there was one storyline that I feel could've had a better conclusion. I wasn't satisfied with the way it was handled. Other than that though, I thought the book was very enjoyable. The book reads pretty quickly, I don't think I've finished a Gone book this quick before (2 days). I read 200 pages the first day (exactly 200) and I read the other 326 pages the second day (that was yesterday). I look forward to read the last two books in the series and find out how it will conclude. I just found out, through GoodReads, there may be a sequel coming to this series, taking place 10 years after the last book. I would be interested in reading that (though I would wait for the paperback release. I'd prefer matching covers (and size of course) but I think that won't happen as the series has had multiple covers already.). My cover for Plague has little bugs on it, it's kind of creepy (see here)! I do quite like these covers.

I went to the library to drop my books off, and wanted to see if the library had any more Little House books. I found some, and other books I wanted to read :D (I didn't plan on getting this much :P. Hopefully I can finish it all in time! Especially considering I'm still in the middle of The Sword Of Shannara).

Chris Riddell - Goth Girl 3: Goth Girl And The Wuthering Fright

David Walliams - Grandpa's Great Escape

Laura Ingalls Wilder - Het Kleine Huis 3: Aan De Rivier (Little House 4: On The Banks Of Plum Creek)

Laura Ingalls Wilder - Het Kleine Huis 4: De Grote Hoeve (Little House 3: Farmer Boy)

Laura Ingalls Wilder - Het Kleine Huis 5: Aan Het Zilvermeer (Little House 5: By The Shores Of Silver Lake)

Laura Ingalls Wilder - Het Kleine Huis 6: De Lange Winter (Little House 6: The Long Winter)

Laura Ingalls Wilder - Het Kleine Huis 7: De Stad Op De Prairie (Little House 7: Little Town On The Prairie)

Laura Ingalls Wilder - Het Kleine Huis 10: Onderweg (Little House 10: On The Way Home)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 9: Echte Muzienliefde Is Als Kaas... (L'Amore È Come Il Formaggio...)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 22: De Geheimzinnige Kaasdief (Il Misterioso Ladro Di Formaggi)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 45: Het Hollende Harnas (Lo Strano Caso Del Fantasma Al Grand Hotel)

Geronimo Stilton - Groene Reeks 4: Hoe Vang Je Een Mummie? (Il Ballo Della Mummia Dispettosa)

Geronimo Stilton - Oerknagers 6: De Stenen Moppentapper (Dinosauro Che Dorme Non Piglia Topi!)

Geronimo Stilton - Het Monster Van Frankenstein (Il Mistero Di Frankenstein)

Geronimo Stilton - Twintigduizend Mijlen Onder Zee (Ventimila Leghe Sotte I Mari)

Geronimo Stilton - Scrooge: Een Kerstverhaal (Canto Di Natale)

Thea Stilton - Thea Stilton 19: De Jacht Op De Zwarte Tulp (Sulle Tracce Del Tulipano Nero)

Thea Stilton - Heksen Van Fantasia 7: De Heks Van Al Het Kwaad (Strega Delle Streghe)

LibraryLoansSpines.jpg

LibraryLoansCovers1.jpg

LibraryLoansCovers2.jpg

LibraryLoansCovers3.jpg

LibraryLoansCovers4.jpg

I also bought a couple of books at the Terre des Hommes.

A.A. Attanasio - Radix

Elizabeth Moon - The Serrano Legacy 6: Change Of Command

Martina Paura - De Liefdespolitie (Love Sheriffs)

Stephen King - Everything's Eventual 1-14: Alles Is Eventueel (Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales)

NewBooksTdHSpines.jpg

NewBooksTdHCovers.jpg

Yay for books :exc::cows::doowapstart:

Hmm. That 10th Little House book is a great find! I can't say much cause I might spoil others. I always remember On the Banks of Plum Creek as my favorite, but The Long Winter is so good too!