Tennis

supergran71

Poor Rafa. I think that the way he plays must put enormous strain on his body. It has taken its toll and I don't think he will ever be the player he was a couple of years ago. It wouldn't suprise me if he retired in the near future

That's what my mum keep saying. She's very upset about it because she's a huge Rafa fan. We weren't even allowed the news on in our house tonight because she didn't want to see him lose! I completely understand. I'm a huge Federer fan and when he lost Wimbledon to Rafa the other year I refused to even discuss it for 3 days!:)

Murray plays Cilic next, which I think will be a fantastic match. Cilic is undefeated this year and has beaten Del Potro and Roddick in the last two rounds. Go Cilic!!

I'm very nervous about Federer's match tomorrow. Davydenko has beaten him in their last two meetings.....However, apparently he was amazing against Hewitt so fingers crossed!

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Federer is heating it up!

"I think he really needs it more than I do, so I think the pressure's big on him," said Federer, 28.

"But we'll see how he's going to handle it. It's not going to be easy for him, that's for sure."

"Now that he didn't win the first one, I think doesn't help for the second one around,"

"Plus he's playing me, who's won many Grand Slams prior to that, been able to win here three times so I know what it takes and how to do it, which is definitely an advantage."

:D

Should be a great contest!

I have gone totally off Federer.....he is getting to big for his boots. Be so good if our Andy took him down a peg. I heard him on the radio and thougth he was so arrogant and big headed he wasn't even funny:motz:

He has always come across like that i think, he has a winner's mentality but can come across as being a bit arrogant at times when i have read his interviews, i suppose when you have a record like that you are allowed a bit of a licence :D Murray can be seen as a little cocky at times too. They are two great players however!

I have gone totally off Federer.....he is getting to big for his boots. Be so good if our Andy took him down a peg. I heard him on the radio and thougth he was so arrogant and big headed he wasn't even funny:motz:

I used to love Federer, but that interview was just well. It was a roll your eyes moment.:D

Not looking great though for us Murray fans! :D

****Edit*** Gutted! :D

Roll on Wimbledon! Get another Federer Murry final and let here the crowds roar then!!!!! :D

Edited by catwoman

I know what you all mean about Federer sometimes coming off a bit arrogant, but I think he's really just super-confident. I though his on court interview the other day was quite funny and he came across really well.

However I suppose it is hard to stay humble when you're that good! :D

I'm so pleased that Federer won today :D(not least because I spent all day Friday confidently predicting that he would!) He really is the most amazing player. I hope he keeps at it for many years to come!

I have to say I've never liked Murray, I've always found him to be really miserable and moany, but I felt so sorry for him when he started cyring!!:D I'm such a sucker for tears! I now like him much more, I think because it just made him seem more human. Like you Catwoman, I was teary eyed myself, and I wanted Federer to win!

Now only 16 weeks to go until the French Open (not that I'm counting!)

I was delighted that Federer won and am also looking forward to the French Open.

Me too , I really find him to be just a pleasure to watch and a really nice guy. Felt a bit sorry for Murray though he is a really good player and hopefully next year he will do it. It is beautiful weather over here , I am going to the UK in May for 4 weeks on a tour so looking forward to it.

Me too , I really find him to be just a pleasure to watch and a really nice guy. Felt a bit sorry for Murray though he is a really good player and hopefully next year he will do it. It is beautiful weather over here , I am going to the UK in May for 4 weeks on a tour so looking forward to it.

Hope that the weather will have warmed up a bit by the time you get here and that you will have a wonderful time!

Federer is something else, the guy has always been on another platform, i don't think Murray played badly, he just didn't take his chances and Federer never gave him a chance. Murray will win one if he carries on with his tennis, it was just too much for him at the moment though. Roger's a walking legend though.

• 4 months later...

Nadal too good for Soderling, interesting enough final, particularly enjoyed the last couple games of the set where Soderling hit a love game but Nadal just way too effective on the clay.

• 2 weeks later...

Wimbledon starts today, and I must say I think I'll be watching quite a bit. Will have share my television time between the tennis and the World Cup, though. I should imagine Federer will probably have no trouble in his first round match, today.

Edit: I type through gritted teeth as I watch the happenings on centre court this afternoon. This really is sensational stuff, Federer has brought back a set from being 2-0 down, to make it 2-1 to Falla - I know the initial 2-0 lead surprised me as well, and Rodger's been fighting hard to stay in the tournament. I can't keep my eyes off these wonderful exchanges of play between these two players.

Edited by Ben

I tuned in early afternoon to see Fed had lost the first two sets he is now even though and its gone into a final set wow haven't seen this before and did not see this coming.