Tennis

supergran71

Yes, great game last night. Quite tense. I'm not sure on that performance whether he will win the Final though. The Swiss was an inspired player and I felt it was too close to call really.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeh I agree Ophelia....they are both good to watch. Have to see if Hewitt can stand the pace after having to get treatment on court yesterday.

Yes, great game last night. Quite tense. I'm not sure on that performance whether he will win the Final though. The Swiss was an inspired player and I felt it was too close to call really.

Can't agree more. I think that last night was a near miss.

Lots of tennis today again. Can our man Andy get through today....fingers crossed:blush:

Bet the Roddick/Hewitt match will be a good one.

What is the betting the games are on at the same time....and end up having to flip between channels.

Edited by Inver

Roddick or Hewitt will play Murray or Ferrero & Djokovic or Haas will play Federer or Karlovic.

Let's see how many I get right from my predicted winners. :lol:

Haha Inver you were right, Haas managed to beat Djokovic; in the end he was much too strong. I think I was probably being hopeful in wanting Djokovic to win, because Haas has had a strong tournament. Congratulations our Andy on a superb performance out there today; he was fantastic with the straight set victory, 7-5, 6-3, 6-2. The kind of dominating and self-assuring performance after his long 5-setter in the previous round. Assuring people he's back in the race now. Although saying that, Federer looked at apparent ease this afternoon, also winning three sets.

Roddick and Hewitt having a good game now! Common Roddick!

Wimbledon epic this year. :D

:D Told you Ben didn't I....lol ;) What a great game the Roddick/Hewitt was, worthy of a final I would say.

So the two Andy's head to head on Friday. Must get the do not disturb sign on the door!

large-smiley-045.gif Go Andy!

Aha, I'm happy with my guesses. :D Only got one person wrong.. Looking like a good semi-final between Roddick and Murray. Hopefully Murray takes it, but I think Roddick's fast-serving skills well help him put up a fight. Federer will breeze through his semi-final against Haas in my opinion.

I agree Ben...Roddick is hard to beat on his serves when he is on the ball as it were. 140 mph plus! I wouldn't like to be trying to return those, but Andy is pretty good on returns. So fingers crossed!:D

Yeah looking forward to the game now. Things are really hotting up now; will end up being a great final at this rate. I laughed the other day, because I thought to myself, I barely ever watch Wimbledon every other year, and this year I have watched loads! I've watched the vast majority of the games in the Mens and Ladies singles competitions - even catching up the ones I missed online / on catch up. I've watched a fair few of the Girls singles competition, and even some of the doubles games in the Mens and Ladies and Mixed competitions. I know that sounds really sad so I'll try to redeem myself. In my defence I haven't watched all these games like staring at the screen and watching them without getting up and moving. :D Only a few. Most of the time I just have it on in the back-ground, checking scores now and again.

The Serena / Russian match this afternoon was excellent! The Russian girl gave a serious fight to the bitter end - nailbiting stuff until the last game. I will miss Saturday's match as we are out for the day

Agreed, watched it from a neutral view, giving a terrific game.

Raven. :D I know what you mean. I wouldn't care if he lost to Roddick today, because he deserves a shot at the final as well. Obviously I want Murray to win, but I have a bad feeling about this.

I would care if he lost to Roddick ;) Shame it couldn't be them both in the final :D

Oh well....that is Federer through....poor Haas....never had a chance!!

Edited by Inver

Yeah but you're scottish, so you're going to support him more than I am. I'm more interested in watching a good game, and it seems to be going that way so far, Roddick 5-2 up in the third set, sets tied at 1-1. Looks like Roddick is going to take a 2-1 set advantage, looking worrying for Murray. Common lad. ;)

ETA: Don't look now, Murray's squared it 5-5 in the third set. 1-1 sets, 5-5 games, Roddick serving.

What a match this is! :D

Edited by Ben