Laura's Fantasy Corner 2015

Signor Finzione

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy belated Birthday.  :D

Oooh ! Kitties !!  :giggle2: Such cutiepies ;  I love the ` I haz a pink hat` pic.  :giggle:

Thank yoouuuu! Yeah, Loki was WELL impressed with his wrapping paper hat - wait til you see his Christmas hat! :D

Happy birthday for yesterday, Laura! Excellent book haul … I love the cover for Uprooted :wub:

Thanks Claire! :) I know, it's beautiful, isn't it? :wub: I also think the Gospel of Loki cover is really stylish too. :)

Ooooh happy birthday Laura! Hope it was awesome. Love the kitty pics :lol:

Uprooted is a great book, I read it a few months back and thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree with Claire, it's a gorgeous cover.

Thanks Noll! :D I know you and Michelle both loved it, and can't wait to give it a go myself. :D

:lol:  You're very welcome :smile:   I hope you enjoy it but, if not, it'll make a good doorstop :giggle2:

I know! It's ENORMOUS!!! :lol: I'm actually really looking forward to starting it, though I may save it for the next school holiday so I can give it my full attention. :D

Got to say, out of all of those books (that I haven't already read), the one that appeals most is A Natural History of Dragons, for the cover art and the narrative voice (I just read the first chapter on Amazon) :smile:

Got to say, out of all of those books (that I haven't already read), the one that appeals most is A Natural History of Dragons, for the cover art and the narrative voice (I just read the first chapter on Amazon) :smile:

Yeah, it was the Amazon sample that really hooked me too. :)

Here's a practice shot to tide you over! :giggle2:

Adorable !! I think you`ve just made my day, and not in a Dirty Harry way at all.   :D  

Yes, he's half asleep in a washing-up bowl - don't ask.  :giggle2:

But what if I want to ?  :giggle2:

My little one won`t go into boxes or tight spaces; I wonder if she got trapped in a box once, `cos she`s petrified of her travel basket too.  :hide:

I may have bought it on Kindle :D

Readalong! Readalong! :D

Adorable !! I think you`ve just made my day, and not in a Dirty Harry way at all.   :D  

But what if I want to ?  :giggle2:

My little one won`t go into boxes or tight spaces; I wonder if she got trapped in a box once, `cos she`s petrified of her travel basket too.  :hide:

Aw, what a cutie! Very unusual for a cat not to like boxes or tight spaces - ours are obsessed with them. Fili once spent ten minutes trying to push her face inside an empty kitchen roll tube. :rolleyes:

Hence the old washing up bowl, a.k.a. their favourite place to sleep. :giggle2:

Ordered some books with my birthday money:

Vicious by V.E. Schwab

Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch

The House of Shattered Wings by Aliette de Bodard

The Falconer by Elizabeth May

Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan

Ancillary Sword by Ann Leckie

:exc: