What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

Watching the third episode of Mr Robot. Anyone seen this before? I think it's ace but I'm pretty sure I've worked out a major plot point, which kinda ruins it.

Superb show, I've been raving about it to anyone who will listen.

I didn't figure out the plot point because I'm dumb, but you are supposed to figure it out, according to the makers of the show. There are plenty of other twists later on to make up for it.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh! Kylie told me about this show only recently and I want to watch it. Any good? 

It's decent  :smile:   I thought it was going to be more about Charles Manson when it started, but that side of it has become less interesting as it's gone on, I find.  Maybe they'll focus more on that at the end of the season.  It feels like it captures the era pretty well, though.  Duchovny's performance keeps me watching it  :smile:

It's decent  :smile:   I thought it was going to be more about Charles Manson when it started, but that side of it has become less interesting as it's gone on, I find.  Maybe they'll focus more on that at the end of the season.  It feels like it captures the era pretty well, though.  Duchovny's performance keeps me watching it  :smile:

I pretty much agree with all of this, Steve. The advertising for the show over here certainly implied that it was all about Manson, but he's more like a major plot and then there are subplots that are only an episode long. It's confused me a little at times because seemingly big events get resolved in one episode while others are dragged out. It's probably not as brilliant as I was expecting, but very good nonetheless. Duchovny is great, but Manson isn't particularly convincing, in my opinion.

I'm currently watching Mr & Mrs Murder, a one-season Australian show from a couple of years ago. Not sure why it didn't get a second season because it's great. It stars a genius of Australian comedy, Shaun Micallef. He and his wife on the show play a pair of cleaners who clean up at the scene of murders, and they can't help but investigate the crime as well. It's quirky and funny. :)

Duchovny is great, but Manson isn't particularly convincing, in my opinion.

I sort of vaguely recognised the guy playing Manson, but had no clue from where.  Never would've twigged him as the guy who played Renly in GoT  :o

Midwinter of the Spirit ep 2 - not bad.

Ray Donovan season 3 finale - holy ****  :o

I sort of vaguely recognised the guy playing Manson, but had no clue from where.  Never would've twigged him as the guy who played Renly in GoT  :o

I didn't recognise him from GoT. Probably because I can't even remember who Renly is.  :doh:

I watched the first four episodes of Continuum today. It was going OK, but it didn't grip me enough to want to continue, so I've taken it off my 'to watch' list.

About to settle down with new eps of Fear the Walking Dead, The Affair and The Good Wife. :)

Renly Baratheon, the one Brienne was committed to  :smile:

I watched the first four episodes of Continuum today. It was going OK, but it didn't grip me enough to want to continue, so I've taken it off my 'to watch' list.

Shame - it's one of those series that starts off slowly then gets really good.  Season 2 was fab.

Shame - it's one of those series that starts off slowly then gets really good.  Season 2 was fab.

I think the last ever episode airs next week. I might check it out just to see

whether she finally gets to go home.

I think the last ever episode airs next week. I might check it out just to see

whether she finally gets to go home.

Lucky!  I don't think it'll be on over here until next year.

ETA:  I stand corrected - season 4 starts on 17th November  :smile:

Edited by Karsa Orlong

I'm currently watching Mr & Mrs Murder, a one-season Australian show from a couple of years ago. Not sure why it didn't get a second season because it's great. It stars a genius of Australian comedy, Shaun Micallef. He and his wife on the show play a pair of cleaners who clean up at the scene of murders, and they can't help but investigate the crime as well. It's quirky and funny. :)

That`s brilliant ! I liked it so much, I bought the DVD set after seeing the eps, `cos I know I`ll enjoy it all over again.  :D

My daughter and I have started to watch the first season of Grey's Anatomy, we're only 2 episodes in so far but it's looking god. Has anyone else watched the show? :)

I`m a season behind, so I need to catch up before S12 starts. It`s excellent.  :D