What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

Unwinding with Dexter. Season 1, episode 1. I'm in for such a great ride :smile2:

Cool! I've been thinking lately of rewatching the show from the beginning. :)

The last ODI between England and Australia... I'm a glutton for punishment.

:) I'm glad we won something this summer. :)

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New episode of Every Frame a Painting; this is about how scenes supposed to happen across the globe are actually shot in Vancouver, Canada.

Edit: cool gimmick, if you select the subtitles "English (Canada) - Movie Title", it shows the names of each location and film/series

Edited by woolf woolf

New episode of Every Frame a Painting; this is about how scenes supposed to happen across the globe are actually shot in Vancouver, Canada.

Edit: cool gimmick, if you select the subtitles "English (Canada) - Movie Title", it shows the names of each location and film/series

Good stuff.  When I was over there in July I saw them filming a scene for an episode of The Flash.  Recognised some of the places in that video, too - mostly Stanley Park, the convention centre, Robson and Granville Streets, and the library square where the scene from Continuum is being shot  :smile:

Ooooh!! Do you want to join me? :smile2: I've watched maybe 5 episodes now, you could totally catch up !! :smile2:

YES PLEASE! :D I'm the Queen of Binge Watching TV Shows, so I'm sure I'll catch up in no time at all. :D I'll start tonight! Keep going at your own pace though...don't wait for me! Which seasons have you never seen before? I think I missed about half of the first season the first time around (if that's the one with the ice truck killer), so I'll be glad to finally see it.

I'm currently watching the first ever episode of the Australian version of The Chase. I  :wub: The Governess: 'The amygdala is the part of the brain that controls emotions. I don't need one'.  :lol:

YES PLEASE! :D I'm the Queen of Binge Watching TV Shows, so I'm sure I'll catch up in no time at all. :D I'll start tonight! Keep going at your own pace though...don't wait for me! Which seasons have you never seen before? I think I missed about half of the first season the first time around (if that's the one with the ice truck killer), so I'll be glad to finally see it.

Hurraaaaah!!!!  :exc:   I'm so psyched now!!  :friends3:  I watched episode 7 last night. Let me know when you've caught up!! :smile2: 

I've seen season 1 twice and I remember it pretty well. Season 2 I've only seen once and I don't remember all that much about it, except for

the wicked witch that was introduced. 

I've recently started watching Dexter again too (with the girlfriend--she hasn't seen any, I have). We've just finished season two, so a little bit ahead of you guys at the moment, but we're watching quite slowly so you'll both catch up. Perhaps we should make a thread (or resurrect it if one already exists)? I'd be glad to discuss the episodes again... it's been ages since I finished the series.

I have to now agree with you, I was totally prejudiced towards the 9th season but it's been a riot :wub: I only have maybe three more episodes to watch and it's been getting difficult already, what with things... You can sense an ending coming. I'm probably going to cry when it's over :(

You've probably finished it by now. What did you think of the ending? There were some things that I didn't like, such as

Kelly and Ryan running off and leaving Ryan's baby!!!! I was glad to see Michael Scott come back to be the best man for Dwight, but I would have liked to have heard a bit more about his family, etc. So happy for Dwight and Angela too. :D

Unwinding with Dexter. Season 1, episode 1. I'm in for such a great ride :smile2:

Oh yes, I watched this last year and loved it. You are in for a great ride. :boogie:

I realise I'm very late to the party, but I'm finally watching Big Bang Theory, having brought the DVD's for my son for last Christmas. I'd seen a few episodes before, but I'd never really sat down and watched it properly. I'm now on the 3rd series, and loving it!

You've probably finished it by now. What did you think of the ending? There were some things that I didn't like, such as

Kelly and Ryan running off and leaving Ryan's baby!!!! I was glad to see Michael Scott come back to be the best man for Dwight, but I would have liked to have heard a bit more about his family, etc. So happy for Dwight and Angela too. :D

Oh yes, I watched this last year and loved it. You are in for a great ride. :boogie:

I can't talk at the moment, I just (coincidentally) watched the last episode. I'm so sad that it's over  :cry2:  :cry2:  :cry2:   I'll have to get back to you later  :blush2:

Ooh, what a treat, Ian! I can't wait for the new season to start (21 September, by my calendar  :blush2:). I haven't watched any episodes for such a long time. I might try to rewatch at least part of the last season before the new one starts.

I'm currently excitedly watching our brand new PM give a speech. His party just overthrew our old PM with a vote of 54-44. This is not a party I like, and certainly not one I voted for, but this PM will be a huge improvement over the old one. A major point in his favour is that he is FOR same-sex marriage, so he represents the views of our country much more than the old PM. I'm feeling very happy right now. :D

Ooh, what a treat, Ian! I can't wait for the new season to start (21 September, by my calendar  :blush2:). I haven't watched any episodes for such a long time. I might try to rewatch at least part of the last season before the new one starts.

I'm currently excitedly watching our brand new PM give a speech. His party just overthrew our old PM with a vote of 54-44. This is not a party I like, and certainly not one I voted for, but this PM will be a huge improvement over the old one. A major point in his favour is that he is FOR same-sex marriage, so he represents the views of our country much more than the old PM. I'm feeling very happy right now. :D

It said on the news that you`ve had 4 PM`s since 2013. Yikes !  :o

Oh wow!  How did that happen?   I have some Aussie friends on another forum that were most displeased at the last election.  

To get back on topic, I'm presently watching my guilty pleasure - Relic Hunter.  It's absolute hokum but for some reason that I can't fathom... I really like it!   :blush2:

It said on the news that you`ve had 4 PM`s since 2013. Yikes !  :o

Oh wow!  How did that happen?   I have some Aussie friends on another forum that were most displeased at the last election.  

Your friends are my friends, Mirandashell. :)

It seems to be a newish theme in politics here that if a PM isn't popular with the public, then their party kicks them out in fear that they won't win the next election with that politician as PM. It's quite silly! I wonder if we'll ever have a full-term PM again.

I realise I'm very late to the party, but I'm finally watching Big Bang Theory, having brought the DVD's for my son for last Christmas. I'd seen a few episodes before, but I'd never really sat down and watched it properly. I'm now on the 3rd series, and loving it!

I wish you lots of fun watching all the episodes :D. I look forward to the release of season 8 on disc, it'll be a birthday gift for me. I haven't seen any of the episodes from season 8 yet.

We finished watching Stargate: Atlantis and have continued watching Firefly. We just watched two good episodes, episodes 8 and 9 if I'm correct. 'Out of Gas' and 'Ariel'.

'Out of Gas' is one of my faves, Athena! Did you enjoy it?

'Out of Gas' is fabulous - best flashback episode of any tv series I've seen  :smile:

Over the past few days:

Ray Donovan 3x09 - brilliant

Fear the Walking Dead 1x02 - these characters are so stupid :lol:

The Flash 1x01 - rewatch time  :D

and I may have ordered season 1 of The Twilight Zone on blu-ray.  It's all Kylie's fault  :P

Fear the Walking Dead 1x02 - these characters are so stupid :lol:

:giggle2: I'm enjoying it, but there's certainly a few moments where you want to scream: 'WHY ARE YOU WALKING TOWARDS THAT THING?!' (Among other things.)

and I may have ordered season 1 of The Twilight Zone on blu-ray.  It's all Kylie's fault  :P

Yay me!! :D

:giggle2: I'm enjoying it, but there's certainly a few moments where you want to scream: 'WHY ARE YOU WALKING TOWARDS THAT THING?!' (Among other things.)

:lol:  And their complete refusal to tell their daughter what's going on, the end result being that she keeps wanting to run off to her boyfriend who's about to turn into a zombie  :doh:   :lol:

Yay me!! :D

It's so long since I've seen them, and they never seem to show the series over here these days.  All 36 episodes (plus the 'previously unreleased' pilot episode hosted by Desi Arnaz :thud: ) for £17 - couldn't resist  :D

:lol:  And their complete refusal to tell their daughter what's going on, the end result being that she keeps wanting to run off to her boyfriend who's about to turn into a zombie  :doh:   :lol:

*groan* Don't remind me! And when she was left alone with her brother, even he wouldn't tell her when she was about to run out the door! How long do the adults think they can keep it from their kids?!

This is so strange...literally straight after reading your post, I opened a news tab on my 'puter to check out the latest news, and what should I see but a large picture and article about the daughter! I didn't realise it until now, but apparently she's Australian. Oh, and she's also on The 100. You watch that show, don't you?

It's so long since I've seen them, and they never seem to show the series over here these days.  All 36 episodes (plus the 'previously unreleased' pilot episode hosted by Desi Arnaz :thud: ) for £17 - couldn't resist  :D

Hmm, I don't know if I have that episode in my Blu-Ray box set! I'll have to double check. I did, however, get a glow-in-the-dark USB keyring. :D

post-3835-0-64444200-1442328522_thumb.jpg

*groan* Don't remind me! And when she was left alone with her brother, even he wouldn't tell her when she was about to run out the door! How long do the adults think they can keep it from their kids?!

This is so strange...literally straight after reading your post, I opened a news tab on my 'puter to check out the latest news, and what should I see but a large picture and article about the daughter! I didn't realise it until now, but apparently she's Australian. Oh, and she's also on The 100. You watch that show, don't you?

Nope, I've never seen that one :shrug:

Hmm, I don't know if I have that episode in my Blu-Ray box set! I'll have to double check. I did, however, get a glow-in-the-dark USB keyring. :D

attachicon.gifIMG_1151.JPG

Love it! :D

ETA: my blu-ray box set has just arrived and the precise wording (as opposed to the wording on Amazon) is "Rare, never-before-released in the U.S. unofficial pilot episode, The Time Element, written by Rod Serling and hosted by Desi Arnaz".  So I'm guessing it should be included in your set, too :exc::smile:

Edited by Karsa Orlong

I've just watched Cowboys and Aliens.  It's a very odd film.   A strange mix of two genres with the tropes of both that don't always sit together well.  Daniel Craig does a mix of Bond and the Man with No Name.  But Harrison Ford is pretty good.  It's just difficult to see him as an old man cos of the constant repeats of Indiana Jones and the ....... on the telly!  I forget how long ago that series was!  

Kylie, are you also Kylie over there?  You will have to forgive me if I ought to know but I have a very bad memory for names. And with the CFS and the menopause.... it's worse.  I can barely remember my own name half the time.  

My sister came to front door once to pick me up and I couldn't remember who she was or why she was standing on my doorstep.  LOL!  Although the worst was when I was making toast and I picked some butter up on a knife and then completely forgot what I was supposed to do with it.  I was looking at the dry slices and my brain just wasn't making the connection at all.  I was with my now-ex at the time and went into the living room, holding the knife, and said 'What am I supposed to do with this?'

He looked at me for a few seconds and said ' Spread it on the toast?'   And bingo!  My brain popped up the 'how to make toast' file from the memory bank.

:D

Anyway, apologies for that weird tangent.......  :blush2:   Just thought I'd mention it so you all know that me forgetting who you are or what you said to me before is nothing personal!

Edited by mirandashell

I thought it was a fine ending :) I loved season 9 :wub: 

But I agree with you on the things you mentioned. I couldn't believe K and R, although actually I could!! :rolleyes::D And yep, I also wanted to hear more about Michael. I would've also wanted to see Holly and the kids! However, I don't really know why, but it kind of felt appropriate, too, that he didn't say that much. He felt so happy and content in his life, and happy for everyone else, that I felt like he was just so emotional all the way through that he couldn't have said anything else. And the others deserved the 'limelight' :) I loved how Jim orchestrated the bachelor party, being so nice to Dwight. I loved how their friendship evolved in the last season :) It was fun to watch!

And I laughed my ass off at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUS5UOWnyTk

:lol: Awww Michael!!!! <3

And it was so odd, but nice, to see Angela laugh :o :O To show happy emotions! :o 

Did you watch the whole series? I've watched seasons 1 & 2 before, and I knew it was good, but I'd forgotten just how incredibly good it is! :wub: And the cast is just amazing. This is pure TV gold, this is. Can't wait to start season 3 and watch all-new-to-me episodes!!

Edited by frankie

'Out of Gas' is fabulous - best flashback episode of any tv series I've seen  :smile:

It was very good :)! I really liked it. 

And with the CFS and the menopause.... it's worse.  I can barely remember my own name half the time.  

My sister came to front door once to pick me up and I couldn't remember who she was or why she was standing on my doorstep.  LOL!  Although the worst was when I was making toast and I picked some butter up on a knife and then completely forgot what I was supposed to do with it.  I was looking at the dry slices and my brain just wasn't making the connection at all.  I was with my now-ex at the time and went into the living room, holding the knife, and said 'What am I supposed to do with this?'

He looked at me for a few seconds and said ' Spread it on the toast?'   And bingo!  My brain popped up the 'how to make toast' file from the memory bank.

:D

Anyway, apologies for that weird tangent.......  :blush2:   Just thought I'd mention it so you all know that me forgetting who you are or what you said to me before is nothing personal!

Awww, I'm sorry you have memory problems :empathy:. That was a funny story though :giggle2:.