Frankie reads 2015

frankie

Wow, there seems to be a lot of love for Malory Towers :D I say you all join us for the mini read-a-long if you have the chance! :)

You have to join us! The more the merrier!! :smile2: We could even start a thread on it in the Group Reads section :smile2:

I never read any of the Malory Towers series (but I adored the Blyton's St Clare series, and I think they must be similar) What fun, to have a group read for these, I'm in if you all are too. Does it involve midnight feasts?  :018:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oooh, I want to watch Martin Clunes with animals!!! :( Doggies!! Where can I see them? Please BBC, send me DVDs. :blush:

Oh dear, I think they weren't BBC ones (not absolutely sure), but I think he made them for ITV (commercial tv with advertising). I'm sure he was at least one programmes about dogs, the part I remember was with a litter of bulldog puppies, and they were completely adorable!! And I'm not that fond of dogs, but they were soooo cute! 

P.S. The series is called The Secret Life of Dogs on ITV, I'm sorry but I am so useless on internet links, I can't actually do the link *bangs head in frustration* I'll try to do a link 

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week5/secret-life-dogs

Edited by Marie H

I never read any of the Malory Towers series (but I adored the Blyton's St Clare series, and I think they must be similar) What fun, to have a group read for these, I'm in if you all are too. Does it involve midnight feasts?  :018:

From what I gather, yes, it involves midnight feasts! :D Apparently they fry sausages and stuff, and you'll be some sort of superwoman if you manage to read through those chapters without eating something yourself :D  Do join us if you can, the more the merrier!! :smile2: 

Oh dear, I think they weren't BBC ones (not absolutely sure), but I think he made them for ITV (commercial tv with advertising). I'm sure he was at least one programmes about dogs, the part I remember was with a litter of bulldog puppies, and they were completely adorable!! And I'm not that fond of dogs, but they were soooo cute! 

P.S. The series is called The Secret Life of Dogs on ITV, I'm sorry but I am so useless on internet links, I can't actually do the link *bangs head in frustration* I'll try to do a link 

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week5/secret-life-dogs

Thanks for the info! :smile2: I'm going to go and see what's behind the link! :D 

YES!! .. LET'S HAVE ONE!!  :D  :exc:

I have one book by Enid Blyton called De Dolle Tweeling: In Spanning & Overwint (Claudine at St. Clare's & Fifth Formers of St. Clare's). The library only has a couple of books named De Vijf series, which I presume are books in the Famous Five series in English. So I guess I can't really participate :(, they seem not that well known in the Netherlands. I wish you all fun though, I'd love to hear what you think of the books!

#4. Harmin paikka by Leena Lehtolainen

The second book in the Maria Kallio -series by Lehtolainen. It was a decent read, which I would've enjoyed more if I could've read it in bigger chunks. I was distracted by other things and couldn't really give the book my undivided attention. I might give the third novel in the series a try later but right now I don't feel like continuing with the series. I have far more appealing books lined up on my bookcase. Both from the library, and my own TBR books! :blush: 

2/5

I'm thinking about doing the TBR book jar thing. The one Brian came up with. I hope you don't mind if I steal the idea! :smile2: 

The thing is, what with moving to a new city and discovering the amazing book selection of the southern Finland libraries, I've not touched a TBR book in ages :( That makes me sad. I have a lot of great books on the shelves, ones I've been wanting to read for ages, but nothing happens when I'm forever reserving new books from the library and hauling them in and concentrating on getting them finished. 

I think I should at least try reading one TBR book per each library book I read. And that's where the book jar could come in handy. I'm still going to go for a particular book off the shelf if the mood hits me, but if I don't fancy anything particular, I could try the book jar. 

That's what I'm hoping! I wish you were here so you could write down TPT on a number of pieces of paper... :lol:

Edit: On another note, Louisa Glasson just told Doc Martin that it would be nice to see him off the suit. In a wetsuit! :o:blush::giggle2:

(When I was googling for pictures of Doc Martin and the dog, I saw pictures of Doc and Louisa's wedding, so I'm now wondering if the wetsuit line is what did it to seal their fate.... :unsure:)

Edited by frankie

Aww, I loved the Mallory Towers books.  :D

I made something for you. You just need to print it out (100 times), cut them up and put them in the jar.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-01-16 at 4.02.21 am.png

You're welcome! ;)

Ha ha .. brilliant! 

Hope you do decide to do the jar Sari. We can support each other when the jar turns nasty :D I, like you, think it will help me to stop ignoring the TBR's .. and like Kylie said it will be exciting to see what the jar comes up with .. in theory :D

How many have you on your TBR? .. I can see there's a long list but I ran out of fingers  :blush2: 

Aww, I loved the Mallory Towers books.  

There doesn't seem to be anyone who hasn't like the books :) Well, at least no one's coming forth with that sort of opinions!

I'm sure there's a printer at the library, missy, so don't try to pull that one on me! 

I assume it costs money to print, right? I wonder if they give a discount if you print in bulk. 

Well supposedly they would have a printer... Even a 3D printer. Don't make them remind me by printing a 3D version of the book :D

But oh yeah, it costs money! Wohoo! Can't do it, I'm skint :exc::lol: 

Ha ha .. brilliant! 

Hope you do decide to do the jar Sari. We can support each other when the jar turns nasty. I, like you, think it will help me to stop ignoring the TBR's .. and like Kylie said it will be exciting to see what the jar comes up with .. in theory 

How many have you on your TBR? .. I can see there's a long list but I ran out of fingers  

I've actually already cut some pieces of paper and started writing down some names. Well, two, but then I got bored :giggle2: I don't like the idea of the jar turning nasty... :unsure: I'll probably have to find a naughty step for it. It's a shame I only live on one floor. No steps around. A corner, perhaps? 

I have 354 books on my TBR, so I'll probably spring my right wrist before it's all done. :rolleyes::D 

Poppyshake, feel free to print it out for your own jar. 

:lol: Yeah!!! 

Thank you Kylie :D I am going to read it though this year .. with or without the jar's blessing 

Ah, goodo. I won't nag you then. That means I can focus all of my nagging on...

Well supposedly they would have a printer... Even a 3D printer. Don't make them remind me by printing a 3D version of the book :D

But oh yeah, it costs money! Wohoo! Can't do it, I'm skint :exc:

They have a 3D printer? Awesome!

I'm pretty skint too, but I'm sure I could rustle up a few euros to wire to my friend. :angel_not:

Ooh, I have another idea—one that you don't need a printer for! Just enlarge the image on your screen, close your eyes and wave your pointy finger around the screen. On the count of three, tap somewhere on the screen and then open your eyes. Whatever book your finger has landed on is the book you must read!

I've actually already cut some pieces of paper and started writing down some names. Well, two, but then I got bored :giggle2: I don't like the idea of the jar turning nasty... :unsure: I'll probably have to find a naughty step for it. It's a shame I only live on one floor. No steps around. A corner, perhaps? 

I have 354 books on my TBR, so I'll probably spring my right wrist before it's all done. :rolleyes:

Bored after two?  :lol: Oh dear, it's going to take you a while at this rate!

I would need a rather large jar to put my (nearly) 2000 books in. :o Maybe I could make a mini jar using just my 'priority' books. There's only around 30 of those. I even bought some cute jars yesterday, although they're supposed to be for drinking (I've ordered a fancy blender and plan to start drinking healthy juices/smoothies every day). The jars come with lids and straws, which go through the middle of the lids. Maybe I could use the straw to 'suck up' my selection.  :blink:

Ah, goodo. I won't nag you then. That means I can focus all of my nagging on...

:hide:

They have a 3D printer? Awesome!

They do! It's just baffling, the stuff they have!

I'm pretty skint too, but I'm sure I could rustle up a few euros to wire to my friend. 

Oh. Um... We've switched back to Finnish mark. Yes. We don't use euros anymore. 

:giggle:

Ooh, I have another idea—one that you don't need a printer for! Just enlarge the image on your screen, close your eyes and wave your pointy finger around the screen. On the count of three, tap somewhere on the screen and then open your eyes. Whatever book your finger has landed on is the book you must read!

:lol: Clever! Too clever....  :hide:

Bored after two?  Oh dear, it's going to take you a while at this rate!

I know, right? :lol: I wasn't thinking, was I...

I would need a rather large jar to put my (nearly) 2000 books in. Maybe I could make a mini jar using just my 'priority' books. There's only around 30 of those. I even bought some cute jars yesterday, although they're supposed to be for drinking (I've ordered a fancy blender and plan to start drinking healthy juices/smoothies every day). The jars come with lids and straws, which go through the middle of the lids. Maybe I could use the straw to 'suck up' my selection.  

1996! 

Hehe, soon you'll be sucked in! Geddit? :blush::lol: Sucked in!! (I love the idea of smoothies and juices! If you come up with great recipes, do tell! :))

You know, I was also thinking about a priority books book jar. But I'm not sure... I think you should go for that one. Imagine if you wrote down 50 book titles per day, you'd spend... many days writing those titles down! 

I have 354 books on my TBR, so I'll probably spring my right wrist before it's all done. :rolleyes::D

Have you still got a balcony? .. you could threaten to throw it from there :D

354 is seriously hardcore .. you'll probably get wrist ache. Work up to it .. do a few a day :D  There were some titles I had to force myself to write down :D They'll be out first I have no doubt.