Athena's Reading List 2015

Athena

If you do, I hope you enjoy it :). I've classified it as science-fiction, but most of the book is very much about (an alien's point of view of) humanity, it really makes you think about our lives and things we take for granted. You could always try and read a sample of a few pages online?

Yeah, I'll definitely give it a go one way or another :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note: Some emoticons removed.

Another 10/10 ! Excellent - that`s another one for me to try out.

I hope you enjoy it :)! I've loved all six books that I've read, by the author, so I'd recommend any of those six at least.

Yeah, I'll definitely give it a go one way or another

I look forward to hear / read your thoughts on it :).

I love Diane Chamberlain's books and I must read more this year. Nice review!

Thanks :)! It's one of my aims to read more of her books this year. Good luck to you with it :).

I've received some books :exc:!

First, I received this book from Devi:

Margaret Atwood - MaddAdam 2: The Year Of The Flood

She also sent me the lovely bookmarks I made for my family (Devi printed them). They are beautiful (I can't post a photo of them all though as they contain photos of my family members and I don't think some of them would appreciate that)! I made a fantasy one for my sister, containing free clip art (and for myself.. because I liked it a lot :blush2:). Devi also sent me some BD bookmarks that I really like and two cute hearts.

I also received Cassandra Clare - The Mortal Instruments 6: City Of Heavenly Fire, which I pre-ordered last year.

A few hours later, there was another person at the door, this time with the package from Brian!

He sent me:

Henning Mankell - Kurt Wallander 3: The White Lioness - (Den Vita Lcejoninnan)

Michio Kaku - Physics Of The Impossible: A Scientific Exploration Of The World Of Phasers, Force Fields, Teleportation And Time Travel

And some origami bookmarks and a lovely note :).

There is a third heart hidden between the pages of the book. :)

You should come across it when you get to reading it eventually.

Edited by Devi

Note: Some emoticons were removed.

Athena ~ I am so pleased you enjoyed 'The Humans', I enjoyed it too, I do like Matt Haig

I'm glad you liked it too! This was my first book by him that I've read, but hopefully it won't be the last :).

Aw!   How sweet of Devi!

I am so glad you liked Silent Sister so much!  GL with the Gayle Foreman!

Thanks :)! So far it's good, I'm enjoying the writing style more than that of the Dutch translation of book 1.

Oh, nice selection of received books!  Lots of good reading.

Great review above, also!

Thanks, Kate :)

There is a third heart hidden between the pages of the book. :)

You should come across it when you get to reading it eventually.

I found it :D!

Great review of The Humans sounds like a great book and if so many people love it I think I should give it a look-see.

If you do, I hope you enjoy it :)!

Yesterday I downloaded for free on the Kindle:

Shawn Inmon and Dawn Inmon - A True Love Story 2: Both Sides Now

which was on my wishlist after I read three other books by the author Shawn Inmon (well, short stories / novellas) that I liked. This is a biography, the story of their lives from Dawn's point of view, I don't know if it'll be good but you can't beat free :D.

I've been working on a list of my ongoing series (like Steve and Laura did), I'm going to organise it a bit better and then I'll post it here.

Series that I've read at least one book of but not all of them, as far as I could remember it when I made this list

(inspired by Steve and Laura making their lists)

Series of which I've read some books and of which I own at least one unread book of and that I'm interested in reading more of:

Terry Pratchett - Discworld series

Anne McCaffrey - The Dragonriders of Pern series

Iain M. Banks - Culture series

Bill McCay - StarGate series (read book one, need to re-read book one before reading the other 4)

Steven Erikson - The Malazan Book of the Fallen series (read book one, need to re-read book one before reading the others)

David Gaider - Dragon Age series (I read books one and two and planned to read three after playing more of the games but I didn't play any more. I might just read it anyway.)

Terry Goodkind - Sword of Truth series (I've read books 1-3 several times and have had the others for ages but I somehow never make it past book 3. Last time I stopped reading while I was half way in book 3)

Gail Z. Martin - Chronicles Of The Necromancer series (I read book one, then bought the others but need to re-read book 1 before reading books 2-4)

Peter F. Hamilton - Greg Mandel series (need to re-read book one before reading the other two)

Blake Charlton - Spellwright series (I've read book one and also own book two, but I'm waiting for book three to be released to then re-read book one and read book two.. but I've been waiting for a few years now and there's still no news on it, so I'm thinking it might never happen :( )

Joanne Harris - Runemarks series (loved book one, will re-read book one and then read book two)

Eric van Lustbader - Pearl Saga series (really liked book one, need to re-read it and then read books 2 and 3)

Ursula K. Le Guin - Earthsea series (loved 1-4, plan to read 5-6 this year, after re-reading 1-4)

Christopher Paolini - The Inheritance Cycle series (read book one but not the other three)

Adrian Tchaikovsky - Shadows of the Apt series (read book one, will re-read it and then read the rest, series isn't yet completed)

C. S. Lewis - The Chronicles of Narnia series (read some in the library, bought them in English, not (re)read them yet)

Geronimo Stilton - Fantasia series (they seem to be standalone stories with recurring characters)

Stephen King - The Shining series (might read this year)

A. C. Baantjer - Baantjer series

A. C. Baantjer and Simon de Waal - De Waal & Baantjer series (making good progress with this one)

Chrissie Manby - Proper Family series (plan to read this year)

Gayle Forman - If I Stay series (Currently Reading (21-01-2015), will have it finished soon)

Cynthia Voigt - Tillerman Cycle series (I read books 1-4, but stopped reading half way through one of books 5-7, I have two omnibusses)

Lauren Weisberger - The Devil Wears Prada series

Ann M. Martin - The BabySitter's Club series (currently re-reading, as well)

Ann M. Martin - The BabySitter's Club Super Special series

Clamp - Chobits series

Series of which I've read all the books that are out in paperback (or in one case ebook-only stories) but where I'm awaiting the release of the next book in the series:

Scott Meyer - Magic 2.0 series

Peter V. Brett - Demon Cycle series

George R. R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire series

Brandon Sanderson - Alcatraz series (waiting for books 2 and 3 at the library, and waiting for the release of book 5)

Maria V. Snyder - Study series (I thought this was finished but I recently found out there's going to be a new book released! It's one of my favourite YA fantasy series so I'm excited for it.)

Graeme Simsion - Don Tillman series

Sophie Kinsella - Shopaholic series

Holly Smale - Geek Girl series

Susan Hatler - Better Date than Never series

Nagaru Tanigawa - The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan series

Series of which I've read all the books I own and / or found at the library but which have more books out but I haven't bought those yet nor seen them yet at the library:

Diane Wynne Jones - Howl's Moving Castle series

Orson Scott Card - Ender's Saga series

Angie Sage - Septimus Heap series

Frank Herbert - Dune series (read book 1 and in a far past also a few others, but don't own them, yet.)

G. P. Taylor - Wormwood series (I really liked book one but I don't own book two. I think book one ended well though, but I don't remember a lot from it at the moment.)

Lucy Hawking and Stephen Hawking - George series (I've read book one from the library, waiting to see if they have more)

Chris Riddell - Goth Girl series (read book one from the library, waiting to see if they have more)

J. K. Rowling - Hogwarts Library series (borrowed one of them from my brother's girlfriend)

Shawn Inmon - Second Chance Love Story series (I've read the three I own but haven't bought book four yet, would like to some day)

Vanessa Curtis - Zelah Green series

Rachel Joyce - Harold Fry series

Liz Pichon - Tom Gates series (read books 2-4 from the library)

Jeff Kinney - Diary of a Wimpy Kid series (read books 3-4 from the library)

Rachel Renée Russell - Dork Diaries series (read books 3-4 from the library)

Barry Loser and Jim Smith - I am (NOT) a Loser series

Dee Shulman - Mijn Supergeheime Dagboek (Polly Price's Totally Secret Diary) series

Ann M. Martin - The BabySitter's Club Mystery serie

Ann M. Martin and Raina Telgemeier - The Baby-Sitters Club Graphix series

Natsuki Takaya - Fruits Basket series (unfortunately, the books don't seem to be printed anymore and we haven't been able to find the ones we miss, anywhere)

Kosuke Fujishima - Oh My Goddess! series (hard to find, we only have a few)

Shuichi Shigeno - Initial D series (we only have some of them though and they're hard to find)

Series which consist of mainly standalone books by various authors, whether or not I want to read the books depends on which author and which story:

Various Authors - QuickReads series (read those I own)

Various Authors - Lijsters series (I own a variety of these various Lijster series (there are several different kinds depending on age range), can't call them one series but to split them up into the years..)

Various Authors - Graphics Classics (graphic novels based on classic books, I've read one but have a few more on my TBR)

Disney - Donald Duck Pocket series (I've read those I own)

Disney - Donald Duck Dubbel Pocket series (I've got two or three I haven't read yet)

Series which I'm not too bothered about reading the books I don't own, might read if I find them at the library or very cheap:

Nora Roberts - Chesapeake Bay Saga series (I read book one, liked it but wasn't thrilled, never read the rest, so far)

Lindsey Kelk - I Heart series (I read book 4, and have a few more on the TBR but not too pressed about reading it soon)

Stephenie Meyer - Twilight series (I still need to read the novella but am not too bothered by it)

George R. R. Martin and others - A Song of Ice and Fire Graphic Novels series (read the two I own but not sure if I'll buy more)

Miek van Biest - Schrijfkriebels series (read those I own)

Virginia Vail - S. O. S. Dierenkliniek series (Animal Inn) (read those I own)

Various Authors - The X-files series (read those I own)

Various Authors - The X-files Middle Grade series (read those I own, won't be reading the one I don't own)

Peter de Wit - Sigmund series (read those I own)

Hanna Kraan - De Boze Heks series (I didn't even know it was part of a series when I read this book as a child. I should have a copy somewhere but..)

Paul van Loon - Griezelbus series (I've read most of those I own, but I don't own all of them. Not too bothered either way as as far as I know they're individual books?)

R. L. Stine - Fear Street series (but I've read all those I own and most that were translated and published in NL. Wouldn't mind reading more.)

R. L. Stine - Ghosts of Fear Street (see above)

R. L. Stine - Fear Street: Cheerleaders series (see above)

R. L. Stine - Fear Street: Super Chiller series (see above)

R. L. Stine - Goosebumps series (will read if I can find them at the library or cheap, not too bothered I haven't read all of them as most are individual stories)

R. L. Stine - The Babysitter series (I've read the two published in NL)

R. L. Stine and other authors - Point Horror series (I've read I think all of those published in NL, wouldn't mind reading more, they're mostly individual stories)

Keith Miles - City Hospital series (read those I own)

Armand Toupet - Hemma Pocket Collectie series (read those I own, was never able to find the missing one)

Francine Pascal - Fearless series (read those I own)

Various Authors - Tina Topper series (read most of those I own)

Various Authors - Tina Topper Supertopper series

Lilian Jackson Braun - Cat Who... series (not overly bothered but will read the ones I own some day)

Patricia Cornwell - Kay Scarpetta series (I've read all those I own except one.. but I've had them all for many years and I'm not too bothered anymore heh)

Steven Saylor - Roma Sub Rosa series (read all I own)

Anne Rice - Vampire Chronicles series (read most I own)

Virginia Andrews - Willow series (I've read the ones I own)

Virginia Andrews - Hudson series (read the one I own)

W. J. Burley - Wycliffe series

Norma Fox Mazer - Sarabeth series (read the one I own, didn't even know it was part of a series until GoodReads told me. The book itself doesn't say anything about it and it reads as a standalone)

In the middle of re-reading:

Ken Akamatsu - Love Hina series (though I stopped a while ago, but I might continue at a later time.)

Going to start in the next while:

Trudi Canavan - The Age of the Five series

Diana Gabaldon - Outlander series

Cassandra Clare - The Infernal Devices series

Cassandra Clare - The Mortal Instruments series

Rick Riordan - Percy Jackson and the Olympians series

Robert Jordan, Chuck Dixon and Chase Conley - Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time Graphic Novel series

And I'm sure there will be others..

Going to re-read some time hopefully in the next few years:

Keiko Tobe - With the Light: Raising an Autistic Child series

Kouji Seo - Suzuka series

David B. Coe - Chronicles of Lontobyn series

James Clemens - The Banned and the Banished series

Thea Beckman - De Toekomsttrilogie series

Won't be continuing:

George R. R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire: The Tales of Dunk and Egg series

Various Authors - Mass Effect series (liked the three I own and have read, but book four got really bad reviews so I'm not going to buy it)

Pentabu - My Girlfriend's a Geek series (I read the first two books, which I own, and they were allright but different from what I was expecting, a bit too weird for me)

Christina Dodd - Governness Brides series (read the one I own and found it wasn't quite for me)

Rachel Gibson - Writer Friends series (read the one I own and found it wasn't quite for me)

Julia Quinn - Bevelstoke series (read the one I own and found it wasn't quite for me)

Wow, that's a lot of series. :lol: A much more detailed (and lengthier) list than mine - well done! It's a bit intimidating seeing how many different ones you're juggling, isn't it?

I really must read the Dragon Age books, since I adore the video games. I think I've always just been put off because I know they don't focus much on the main characters from the games. :unsure:

You should put Sand part one by Hugh Howey on your

Series which consist of mainly standalone books by various authors, whether or not I want to read the books depends on which author and which story

List

:)

Wow, that's a lot of series. :lol: A much more detailed (and lengthier) list than mine - well done! It's a bit intimidating seeing how many different ones you're juggling, isn't it?

I really must read the Dragon Age books, since I adore the video games. I think I've always just been put off because I know they don't focus much on the main characters from the games. :unsure:

It is intimidating! It's also why I'm sometimes hesistant to start a new series if not all of the books have been published yet.

I found that a shame too. I quite liked the first two books while I read them. They're nice if you're a fan of the games, in my opinion :). But there are better fantasy books out there, if you're not a fan of the games at all. I enjoyed them a lot but then I recommended them to someone and he didn't really enjoy them, so I guess opinions vary :shrug:. I plan on (re)playing the games again some day. I finished Dragon Age: Origins and got half way through Dragon Age: Awakenings. I only played the demo of Dragon Age 2, which I then bought when I saw it cheap but I never started it.

You should put Sand part one by Hugh Howey on your

Series which consist of mainly standalone books by various authors, whether or not I want to read the books depends on which author and which story

List

:)

That list is only for books I actually own. Sand is on my wishlist and I didn't include any series I didn't own on my list. The list of series I want to read, of which I don't own any books, would be long too!

P.S. I'll be posting a review soon (I wrote it a few days ago). I also bought a few books and I borrowed a lot of books from the library. Those lists will follow but not yet as I haven't yet catalogued them and am actually ill (again) at the moment so it might take me a few days to have enough energy to do so.

Gayle Forman - If I Stay 2: Where She Went

11736995.jpg

Genre: Contemporary Fiction

Age-range: Young-Adult

Format: Paperback

Pages: 273

Date read: 20-01-2015 <-> 22-01-2015

ISBN: 9780142420898

Synopsis: (no synopsis because it's book two in a duology)

My thoughts: I read book 1 in this series in Dutch in December (I won it in a giveaway). I was given this book for a Christmas present and wanted to read it not too long after reading book 1, otherwise I was worried I might not remember as much of it.

I liked the writing style in this book more than I did in book 1. It could be the translation, since I read book 1 in Dutch (translated) and this book in English (original language). This book is written from Adam's point of view, so that might make a difference too (I don't know). I just felt the text flowed better.

What I liked less about the book, was that there was one thing that happened, a character made a decision, that I didn't understand. I don't know if it's considered a spoiler or not, so I'm hesitant to type exactly what I mean. It does happen in the beginning of the book so maybe not, but still. It is explained in the book, the why of it, I just didn't understand it to be honest. Maybe I was too tired, I don't know.

I also didn't like a particular plot twist. I almost felt it might've been better if the book had ended differently, if some elements had played out differently. I felt there was a part of the story I didn't understand, due to the thing I mentioned in the previous paragraph. I feel like I understand bits of the explanation but not the deeper meaning behind it, the whole of it, if that makes sense?

I also felt this book was a bit unnecessary. It was great to read about the characters, but book 1 ended fine the way it did. I also felt the book didn't impact me as much as book 1 did.

What I did really enjoy, was reading more about Adam and find out what he'd been up to. This book takes place three years after book 1, and there are flash backs sometimes to things in the past. It was interesting to read his point of view and to learn more about him.

One of the best parts about the book, were the song lyrics. Some chapters start off with a few lyrics of songs Adam has written, and these were beautiful and also meaningful. I liked how well done this was.

What didn't really help while reading this book, was that the previous book I read, The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain was really good and it kept being in my head. Maybe I should've waited longer before starting a new book. I guess, on occasion, when you've read a really good or meaningful book, everything else you read after just pales in comparison? So maybe I should've waited longer and then would've enjoyed the book more, I don't know. I just kept thinking back of The Silent Sister now and then and its plot twists.

One interesting 'connection' between those two books, is that in this duology music plays a role, and it did as well in The Silent Sister. I thought this was interesting. There was even a mention of the same music school in both works (the duology and The Silent Sister).

All of this makes it seem as if I didn't enjoy the book at all, which isn't true. I did enjoy reading it, though not as much as I liked book 1. I really liked book 1 and felt this one wasn't as good. It's still a nice read, but it bothered me that I didn't understand some of it.

It seems most people on GoodReads though really enjoyed the book (except for a few), so maybe it was just me. If you really liked If I Stay then I'd still recommend it if you can't get enough of the characters, but I don't think this book would be that enjoyable on its own. If I Stay is, in my opinion, the better book.

Rating: (****) (7/10)

I've been looking into reading that series only because I heard that the movie was good and the plot interested me, but maybe its not worth my time. Too bad.  :mellow:

I haven't finished the book, but the movie was good, worth a watch.  What I have read of the book, was followed by the movie closely... for what its worth :smile:

It is intimidating! It's also why I'm sometimes hesistant to start a new series if not all of the books have been published yet.I found that a shame too. I quite liked the first two books while I read them. They're nice if you're a fan of the games, in my opinion :). But there are better fantasy books out there, if you're not a fan of the games at all. I enjoyed them a lot but then I recommended them to someone and he didn't really enjoy them, so I guess opinions vary :shrug:. I plan on (re)playing the games again some day. I finished Dragon Age: Origins and got half way through Dragon Age: Awakenings. I only played the demo of Dragon Age 2, which I then bought when I saw it cheap but I never started it. 

Funny you ladies should mention Dragon Age, I am currently playing through Dragon Age Inquisition on my ps4 and am loving it! 12hours lost so far just doing side quest stuff. Love the story so much that I went and just bought all five books based off the games. Going by some comments, maybe I shouldn't of?

I've been looking into reading that series only because I heard that the movie was good and the plot interested me, but maybe its not worth my time. Too bad.  :mellow:

Well, I'd still recommend the first one as I really liked that one (I gave it 9 / 10). But the second one was a bit of a disappointment to me. Btw, you can totally read the first one as standalone, as it does have a good ending. 

I haven't finished the book, but the movie was good, worth a watch.  What I have read of the book, was followed by the movie closely... for what its worth :smile:

I hope to watch the movie some day :)

Funny you ladies should mention Dragon Age, I am currently playing through Dragon Age Inquisition on my ps4 and am loving it! 12hours lost so far just doing side quest stuff. Love the story so much that I went and just bought all five books based off the games. Going by some comments, maybe I shouldn't of?

I enjoyed The Stolen Throne and The Calling myself, I liked them a lot at the time I read them. But then I recommended them to a friend back then, and he didn't like them at all. So ever since I've been wary about recommending books to people and being too enthousiastic about them. I'd certainly give the first a go, if you don't like it after a while you could always put it down again. I haven't read book 3 though I have it on my TBR, and I didn't know there were a fourth and a fifth one. I quite enjoyed the story in the games. I didn't know you were playing Dragon Age: Inquisition, I haven't heard / seen that much of the game myself, so I'm glad to hear / read you're enjoying it :).

I bought a few books last Saturday. The total cost was pretty low, as they were all second hand books at the charity shop (they do a deal with 2 books for 1.50 euros lately. The sign is above one shelf but somehow I got the deal on all the books even though some of them came from a whole other book case. I'm not complaining though!), and discarded books from the library (1 euro each).

Terre des Hommes

Robin Cook - Autopsie (Drugs and Death in Key West)

Robin Cook - Dr. Marissa Blumenthal 1: Epidemie (Outbreak)

Robin Cook - Jack Stapleton & Laurie Montgomery 1: Overdosis (Blindsight) (I've read quite a few Robin Cook books when I was a teenager so when I see them cheap and I don't have them yet, I tend to buy them so I can re-read them)

Agatha Christie - Hercule Poirot 1: De Zaak Styles (The Mysterious Affair at Styles)

Agatha Christie - Hercule Poirot 8: Moord onder Vuurwerk (Peril at End House)

Agatha Christie - Hercule Poirot 19: Dood van een Huistiran (Appointment with Death)

Agatha Christie - Hercule Poirot 31: Zoek de Moordenaar (Dead Man's Folly) (because.. well who can resist these books at these prices? I do like detectives, though I generally wait with re-readin them until I've forgot more of the plot. They are in Dutch but I'm hoping the translations will be good. Some of these are actually quite old versions so I'm hoping the language isn't too archaic. It is nice though to have some old books too.)

Sheila Nortan - Het Jaar van Julia (The Trouble with Ally)

Alisa Kwitney - Wedden van Wel (The Dominant Blonde)

Annie Flannigan - Als je Haar Maar Goed Zit (Love and a Bad Hairday) (these three had similar style covers and looked appealing, they're not long reads so that might be nice for a read-a-thon or such someday)

Library of Helmond

Maarten 't Hart - Een Vlucht Regenwulpen (this is meant to be a famous Dutch literary work and I believe I've not read it, I have read another book by the author in the far away past which I liked, though I don't remember which one. I've been looking for this one for a while after reading an interview with the author about the book, I have another book by him on the TBR too)

Cathy Kelly - Wat Ze Wil! (What She Wants) (this was on my wishlist)

Rachel Ward - Nummers 2: De Chaos (Numbers 2: The Chaos) (it says on this book it can be read standalone from book 1. We will see. Book 1 was on my wishlist.)

Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik... 8: Hoe Overleef ik Mijn Ouders (En Zij Mij?!)[/b] (I've heard good things about this series but I've never read it myself. I borrowed some other ones from the library too, see below.)

Ulf Stark - Doldwazen en Druiloren (Dårfinkar och Dönickar) (I read this when I was a child / young teenager, I don't remember a lot of it but I remember liking it so hopefully it will be nice to re-read)

Free Kindle e-books

Charles de Lint - The Very Best of Charles de Lint (this was free temporarily and the stories in the sample seemed nice so I thought why not go for it)

Leah Reznikovich - Healthy Living 1: Thou Shalt Not Diet - Important Behavioral Changes that Will Significantly Improve Your Health and Well Being (I don't know if this will contain anything new for me or not, but the sample seemed allright. It was free so I thought I'll get it while it's free.)

Michal Stawicki - Trickle Down Mindset: The Missing Element In Your Personal Success (I'm a member of a mailing list that recommended this book, I don't know if it's any good and I wouldn't have bought it without knowing much else but while it was free, I thought I might as well download it.)

And I also borrowed a lot of books from the library :blush2:. I plan to read some of the children's and young-adult books during the upcoming read-a-thon, or perhaps also a bit before then. I browsed through the non-fiction section too, mainly looking at autism and ADD since those are two of the subjects that interest me. I don't think I will read all of the books I borrowed before I have to bring them back, but in the case of the autism books for example, I might just flick through them and read those bits that interest me. I know a lot about it already, so I don't know if they'll be of interest or not.

Loaned from the Library

Brandon Sanderson - Alcatraz 3: Alcatraz versus the Knights of Crystallia (woohoo, I was so excited to have found this)

Rachel Reneé Rusell - Dork Diaries 6: Tales From a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker (I liked books 3 and 4 so I thought I'll read book 6 while they had it)

Agatha Christie - Hercule Poirot 10: Murder on the Orient Express (this is the most famous one it seems.. so I thought I might as well borrow it. I don't know if I'll get around to reading it but we will see. It's not that long.)

David Nobbs - Sex and Other Changes (this was a random pick.. I don't know much about the book and it seems neither does GoodReads as there aren't many ratings and reviews for it. It's said to be funny but I don't know if it will be.. I can always try it and put it down if I don't like it, or bring it back if I'm not bothered anymore.)

Liam Creed - Puppy's Hebben Ook ADHD: Hoe Ik Mezelf Herkende in het Gedrag van een Jonge Labrador (A Puppy Named Aero: How a Labrador Saved a Boy with ADHD) (a book about ADHD and a dog.. how could I resist? I have to admit, the dog on the cover was one of the things that made me pick up this book. It looks to be an interesting story, of a boy with ADHD who gets to train a guide dog)

Rudy Simone - Aspergirls: Een wegwijzer voor meisjes en vrouwen met het Syndroom van Asperger (Aspergirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome) (I don't know if this'll be nice or not, but there aren't that many books generally about autism and women, as most people with autism are males (sometimes just one chapter on females), so I hope this might be nice to read.)

Tony Attwood, Temple Grandin and others - Meisjes en Vrouwen met Asperger (Asperger's and Girls) (see above)

Baukje van Kesteren - Een Gat Waar je Hart Zit (a biography of a woman with autism, it doesn't have many ratings on GoodReads but that's not uncommon for original Dutch works that aren't that famous or anything.. I hadn't heard of it but maybe it will be good)

Martine Delfos - Een Vreemde Wereld (my parents have a copy of this book but I'm not 100% sure where it is, so I thought I'd borrow it from the library when I saw it)

E. B. White - Charlotte's Web (Colour Edition) (this copy is huge, I wouldn't have bought a huge copy like this for myself, but as a library loan it's okay. The illustrations look nice and colourful, and I've seen the film and liked that but I've never actually read the book as I've not found it before. So hopefully this will be nice.)

Geronimo Stilton - Fantasia 7: Fantasia VII (Viaggio Nel Regno Della Fantasia 7: Settimo Viaggio Nel Regno Della Fantasia) (I really liked books 1 and 2 and have 6 on my TBR for the read-a-thon. The library owns a lot of them but they are usually loaned out as they're very popular, so when I saw book 7 I thought I'd go for it)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 36: Een Diefstal Om Van Te Smullen (Lo Strano Caso Del Tiramisù)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 58: Grote Griezels: Een Gruwelsaurus! (Il Risveglio Del Brividosauro)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 64: Wie Wordt de Nieuwe Meesterchef? (La Gara Dei Supercuochi)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 67: Op Missie in Moskou (Il Mistero Delle Sette Matrioske) (these are four books from the series about the mouse (the Fantasia ones have him as a character but largely take place in Fantasia), I haven't read any non-Fantasia ones yet but the illustrations look to be similar in style as the Fantasia ones. The series numbers seem completely different in Italian (the original), in English and in Dutch, so that's a bit confusing!)

Geronimo Stilton - Robin Hood (Dutch translation)

Geronimo Stilton - Alice in Wonderland (Alice Nel Paese Delle Meraviglie) (these are two retellings of famous works. I don't know if they'll be good but I find it hard to resist the cute coloured illustrations! They had a few other Stilton books but they were part of a series and I wasn't sure if they would have an ending or not. Also, I had a lot already :P)

Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik... 5: Hoe Overleef Ik Mezelf?

Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik... 6: Hoe Overleef Ik Een Gebroken Hart?

Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik... 7: Hoe Overleef Ik Met/Zonder Jou?

Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik... 10: Hoe Overleef Ik Met/Zonder Vrienden?

Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik... 11: Hoe Overleef Ik Mijn Vriendje? (En Hij Mij!) (I've had Dutch people recommend these to me, these people liked these books when they were younger and still liked them nowadays. Of course it could be nostalgia too so I look forward to see if I'll like them or not.. because I never read them when I was younger. I was a bit older when they were first published and I was mainly reading adult fantasy books then I believe)

Jacqueline Wilson - Girls 4: Girls in Tears

Jacqueline Wilson - Four Children and It (I don't know anything about these two, but their synopses sounded nice and I flicked through a few pages and I liked the writing style)

Oh, you will love Charlotte's Web!  Is that for the read a thon?

It is :D! I've never read it, but I'm quite excited to be finally reading it. I know the story from the film I saw, though that was a while ago so I don't remember it all that well. I assume by your reaction that you liked the book :)?

It is :D! I've never read it, but I'm quite excited to be finally reading it. I know the story from the film I saw, though that was a while ago so I don't remember it all that well. I assume by your reaction that you liked the book :)?

Yes, I read it a couple of times as a kid, I think it was one of the first books I read on my own.  I was pretty young, but I always thought it was sad!  My mom thinks it is a positive story lol  Such different opinions. 

Yes, I read it a couple of times as a kid, I think it was one of the first books I read on my own.  I was pretty young, but I always thought it was sad!  My mom thinks it is a positive story lol  Such different opinions.

I thought it was sad too, when I saw the film! Though I don't know if the film follows the book closely or not. I'll be able to tell you what I think of the book after the read-a-thon, I'll be sure to do so :). It's so nice you've read it when you were a child, those kinds of books usually stay with you and are full of nostalgia :).

I thought it was sad too, when I saw the film! Though I don't know if the film follows the book closely or not. I'll be able to tell you what I think of the book after the read-a-thon, I'll be sure to do so :). It's so nice you've read it when you were a child, those kinds of books usually stay with you and are full of nostalgia :).

I can't wait to buy Little House on the Prairie or Judy Blume books for P!  They just started going to the school library each Friday, so she is loving that!  She brought home Dogzilla last week :P

I can't wait to buy Little House on the Prairie or Judy Blume books for P!  They just started going to the school library each Friday, so she is loving that!  She brought home Dogzilla last week :P

I've never read either of those, but when you do buy those books, I hope she enjoys them! It's great she is enjoying the school library. I was slightly older than her when I first went to my school library and it really sparked my love for reading on my own. So I hope she enjoys the reading :).