Fave TV programmes

marbles

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look like the writers are in for the long haul - I'm not aware of any moves to try and settle it. I think the strategy is to wait until the material currently "in the can" dries up, when they think the strike really will start to bite.

It's evident from one of my favourite programmes - The Daily Show - just how much good writers "make" a programme. I love Jon Stewart to death, but without professional writers to script the show, it's looking very lame indeed.

Is anyone looking forward to Ashes to Ashes the follow up to the wonderful Life on Mars? I think it will be good but I'll miss John Simm.

BBC2 Newsnight Review were discussing Ashes to Ashes last night and seemed to think that Life on Mars was better.However I will certainly be watching it and make up my own mind about it.I know that I will also miss the lovely John Simm :D

I like British sitcoms a lot for example:

Peep Show, The Office, Extras, The IT Crowd, Nathan Barley etc.

None of those shows have new series out at the minute so I am currently trying to get through all of the old Arrested Development and The Office US that I have downloaded.

In terms of drama programmes, I watch Prison Break, even though I know it's rubbish :D I think I'll start watching the new series of LOST too.

Harry Hill's TV Burp

Top Gear

Masterchef

Dancing On Ice

I love Harry Hill- he cracks me up. I love the way he disses Eastenders, Casualty, The Bill, Primeval, David Attenborough.... :readingtwo:

David Attenborough's prog Life in Cold Blood

Good choice, Supergran! I forgot to put this on there. I love DA's shows- Blue Planet is fantastic! Did you like Life In The Freezer a couple of years ago?:readingtwo:

Harry Hill's TV Burp is great, but for a bit of light relief, you can't beat Lost! Unfortunately we don't have Sky, so I'm desperately trying to avoid any mention of it until the season 4 DVD comes out (only about 8 months to go!):lol: