hey hey!

marbles

Hey everyone!

Have found a few posts I was going to reply to but thought I'd introduce myself first!

So I'm marbles - pleased to meet you all!

Bit about me, I'm 25 from sunny Scotland. Today I went to my local (small) library for the first time in years (shame on me) and took out 4 books. I read constantly but I tend to buy books or have them loaned to me from friends/family. I started reading one of the library books earlier: Superstition by David Ambrose.

Anyway, I'm away to explore the forums... Look forward to reading all your posts! :thud:

Welcome Marbles!

This great. Another member from Scotland.

I am sure you will fit in very quickly as everyone is very friendly.

I must admit that I buy most of my books too, although I do go to the library, but I tend to forget to take books back, so by the time I've paid the fees I might as well have bough a copy!

Anyway, have fun. I look forward to reading your posts!

Pp

:D to the forum, Marbles, from another Scotland-based member! I see you're reading Superstition by David Ambrose - I read and enjoyed that one a couple of years ago. I went on to read another couple of books by Ambrose, but, although I enjoyed them too, I didn't like them half as much as I did Superstition.

I hope you'll enjoy it here.:D

Hey folks! Thanks for all your friendly welcomes - very much appreciated! I'm guessing there are a few other scottish bookworms on here then? It has been mentioned a few times, I noticed.

And to Kell, regarding Superstition, I am just over half way through and I'm enjoying it immensely! I can't remember ever having read supernatural books as such before and it is sure creeping me out! I think that may have something to do with the fact I was reading it in bed, alone, whilst it was pitch black outside and I had a silly wee light on. This morning it wasn't half as scary! There's a lot to be said about creating an atmosphere yourself...

I left East Kilbride a few years ago now when I was only a nipper! Although I still have family there and close connections with Hamilton. The last time I went to the shopping centre I got totally lost and seemingly we didn't (my mum and I) didn't even get close to seeing it all as we were laden down with Christmas shopping and had had enough by then!!