Your Book Activity - May 2014

Is it really?  I didn't know that!  About it being the first Castle Rock story...cool.

Actually no its not , im wrong, its the 2nd story set there after The Dead Zone, my bad. But you really get a sense of what Castle Rock is like in Cujo.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you enjoying it? I've read all of Nicholas Evans' books and loved them all.

It's very very readable. I enjoy it as I'm reading it, but I put it down briefly to read something else and am finding it a bit difficult to go back to. But I was thoroughly enjoying it til I put it down! :blush2:

It's very very readable. I enjoy it as I'm reading it, but I put it down briefly to read something else and am finding it a bit difficult to go back to. But I was thoroughly enjoying it til I put it down! :blush2:

Hey Noll! I hope you'll enjoy it again later :(. I have the book on my TBR.

I finished reading Jodi Picoult - The Pact yesterday (it was amazing) and started Richard Templar - De Basisregels voor een Gelukkig Leven (The Rules of Life). I'm thinking about my next fiction read, but The Pact was so amazing it's still in my head, I'm finding it hard to let go of the characters. I'm not sure yet which book I feel like reading next.

I'm starting Jodi Picoult - The Pact (based upon Frankie's recommendation). I've read a few pages so far and it's good. I feel like reading something by a favourite author, and I really like Jodi Picoult's books (those I've read so far).

I finished reading Jodi Picoult - The Pact yesterday (it was amazing) and started Richard Templar - De Basisregels voor een Gelukkig Leven (The Rules of Life). I'm thinking about my next fiction read, but The Pact was so amazing it's still in my head, I'm finding it hard to let go of the characters. I'm not sure yet which book I feel like reading next.

I saw on Goodreads that you'd given the book 5/5, and I was so happy you liked it! :D It was a heavy subject, wasn't it, and I totally get that the characters are still with you. That's always a sign of a good book. Maybe it might help if you read something completely different next? Maybe non-fiction or something really funny.

I've started The Invisible Ones by Stef Penney. Anyone read this one? I'm not sure what it's about yet, but I'm enjoying it all the same.

I haven't but I'll be very interested in hearing your thoughts about it. I definitely want to try the book, having liked The Tenderness of Wolves so much.

Still reading Gentlemen & Players, i'm enjoying the story although i'm not getting as much time to read at the moment with it being the school holidays  :smile:

Ah yes, school holidays... Nice to be able to spend more time with one's kids, but darn, what it does to one's reading pace :giggle: Glad to hear you are still enjoying the book! (For some reason I imagined Stephen Fry as Roy Straitley :D)

I finished Vanity Fair a few days ago (Wohoo :exc: I liked it but I spent 2 weeks on it so I was gagging to get started on a new book), and since then I've started and finished Lola Rose by Jacqueline Wilson (I will have to look her thread up on here and ask around), Kiti - mun paras ystävä by Finnish author Sirpa Puskala (a re-read from my teenage years) and A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen. All great reads! :smile2: And very fast reads in comparison to VF... :lol: Sweet times :smile2: 

No idea what to read next, but I'm sure I'll think of something later on... 

I finished Broken Homes last night, and I really do think the series has got better as it goes along - not something I can say for a lot of series I've read! Something happened at the end of the book though, that was so unexpected, I gasped out loud - my OH had nodded off, and I almost woke him up, my gasp was so loud - but in the end, he just fidgeted slightly then carried on snoring. :giggle2:

Finished Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell.  Very good read.

I really want to read that!

Do Anna.  It's very good.  I'm going to have to see what other George Orwell's my library has.  I'd only heard of 1984 and Animal Farm before I came to this site.

I agree.  From Orwell's novels, I've only read 1984 and I really disliked it, but I've read a couple of his non-fiction works, and both were excellent, but Down and Out in Paris and London was a standout book from my teenage years that I still remember 25 years later.  Highly recommended! :D

Edited by chesilbeach