What's up in April?

Athena

I wish you well over the next few days Virginia, marking the passing of your brother-in-law. My thoughts are with you all.   :empathy:

That is great muggle not. I caught some of the run on our television news. Moving stuff indeed. :smile:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks all, I'll be hitting the road in a few. Not my favorite thing to do. My sister in law, bless her, is on the dingy side on a good day... oh well, family is family, lol! We had the little ones yesterday, sent the two younger ones home and kept the two older ones. Not that we had any say so in the matter. When they come, they decide to stay and that's THAT! We just keep the pancakes coming. Its their home, we just pay the bills, put food on the table and provide the entertainment. Our job descriptions are very well drawn out!

Other than doing the dreary funeral business, I need to come home and bake a pound cake and a little yard work. It promises to be a hot week. I told my mother in law that we jumped from April right into July.

Good luck Virginia!

We had a nice Easter though I'm quite tired from it. I enjoyed the food we ate (I made Easter bread, we had great lunches and a great dinner). On Sunday my boyfriend and I went to see some military vehicles, which was quite nice (I also really liked seeing all the cute dogs their owners had with them). We didn't go for that long but it tired me. On Saturday we went into town briefly and did some shopping. Yesterday we mostly tried to relax as we were both quite tired. My grandfather celebrated his birthday yesterday (his real birthday is next week) but it would've been way too tiring for me to go there (with all the children etc. and too many people in a small room compared with the amount of people).

Good luck with everything, Virginia!  You sound like you are a tremendous help :)

It's been very pleasant here lately, so hopefully the you-know-what is gone for good and never to fall from the sky at least until December!  It's one of the best things in the world to finally open windows and have fresh air coming in the house.

I can't believe how fast April has gone.  It's already next month and we'll be heading up north to open up the lake cabin once again!  I can't wait to be on the deck in the sun, looking at the lake with an adult beverage in my hand...

Congrats to your GD, Muggle!  Very impressive!

Got it pretty much all done. My part is finished, unless they ask me to drop the clothes off at the funeral home. It is now in the low 80's (f) and I am thankful to be in the house. I love the heat, just don't like being in it! Got all the little people with us and they are now relaxing and watching Frozen. It keeps them mesmerized and for that, I am truly thankful, lmbo!!!

A string of deadly tornadoes is sweeping across the Southern U.S. leaving destruction and a number of deaths (16 in Arkansas alone). The storms are forecasted to hit our area of North Carolina tomorrow. Sure wish we had a basement in our home.

A string of deadly tornadoes is sweeping across the Southern U.S. leaving destruction and a number of deaths (16 in Arkansas alone). The storms are forecasted to hit our area of North Carolina tomorrow. Sure wish we had a basement in our home.

Stay safe Muggle.  Do you have tornado sirens where you are? Can you get to somewhere safe if they sound?

x

Wow.. I hope you will be okay :(.

Keep safe, muggle!

We're watching the weather on our end also. I think it will swing round South Carolina or hit upstate (we boarder Georgia). Its already dreary looking here. No basements for us because we are in the "lowcountry." Keep us updated!

Besides watching the weather, not much going on, keeping the grands as daughter is having her usual pregnancy pains. Depending on the weather, I may take the littles to the library to do legos. I might pretend to do some artsy craftsy things this afternoon.

Good luck with the grandchildren, Virginia! I admire you, and others, for being able to spend so much time with children. I couldn't handle one child, let alone more than one..

I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow (I hope he can help me) and I will also be getting my earplugs. There are plans for visiting a garden centre too but with a change in the weather (more rain less sun more clouds) I don't know if it's still suitable to get some plants, so will have to ask my mum. On Friday-Sat-Sun there's the read-a-thon so I hope to be doing lots of reading then.

muggle, we're just getting the southern edge of those storms, it was very windy on the Causeway yesterday, with whitecaps.  Nuttin' like what the Midwest is going through.  I hope you don't receive the brunt of the storms!

I've got my earplugs! Now I have to do a lot of practising to get used to putting them in and taking them out etc. So far they seem to work allright, though I have to see how they deal with certain sounds / environments. Practising is going allright so far, but I'm not that fast and it takes some wiggling. My appointment with the doctor is later today.

I'm so glad you got your earplugs Althena! As for the grands, its second nature. I can't remember a time when I didn't have children around me. If they weren't someone else, they were mine. I've got more kids calling me "mom" then I can count, from littles to adults (and I'm not 46 til August).

Thanks Chrissy. Its thundering now, rain on and off. The sirens were going off on the military bases. We'll be keeping put today. It looks like the perfect day to watch Midsomer Murders on Netflix and do some mystery reading.

. Its thundering now, rain on and off. The sirens were going off on the military bases. We'll be keeping put today. It looks like the perfect day to watch Midsomer Murders on Netflix and do some mystery reading.

Now that sounds like a plan! :smile:

Congratulations on getting the earplugs, Athena! I bet they'll be a big help. Thinking of you at the docs.

We missed almost all of the bad weather......only watches, no warnings. Beautiful sunshine today.

I've got my earplugs! Now I have to do a lot of practising to get used to putting them in and taking them out etc. So far they seem to work allright, though I have to see how they deal with certain sounds / environments. Practising is going allright so far, but I'm not that fast and it takes some wiggling. My appointment with the doctor is later today.

So exciting!!! Let.me know how it goes.