What's up in April?

Athena

Last weekend my grandparents came over and brought two of their chairs that they're giving to us (table chairs). They admired the work on the bakery so far and had a cup of tea here. Next weekend we'll celebrate my granddad's birthday. I'm also participating in the read-a-thon and look forward to read some more books. I

've been making good progress with my writing and am quite enjoying it. It feels good to have a bit of a goal and to have something productive to work towards. I'm also enjoying my reading.

We lost five chicken last week :(, I hope it wasn't a predator but we're not sure what happened, they've just disappeared.

What's up in April for you?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry about the loss of your chickens. I hope you find out what the cause is. We had chicks last summer and they died on us. I was starting to like those little baby ladies. Good for you with the read-a-thon! Sounds like fun. Congrats to your granddad and many happy returns!

Here it is, April and I'm just getting use to writing 2014. The time, it is a flyin'.

I got an early start this morning. Added a little color to my hair, cleaned the bathroom (ugh) made a bank run, dropped off/picked up items from the library, did the grocery shopping and then went to get the taxes done; only to find out I had left half the paperwork at home (duh duh duh DUMB! :banghead: ). So I headed back home and halfheartedly attempted to organize the kitchen.

Now I'm just hanging around waiting on the Fedx guy to deliver my phones so I can get back to business. I honestly don't know when's the last time I went a whole day without a cellphone! :o  Actually, I kind of like it ;)  I'm not sure when I'm going to let folks know that I have it!

That's right, you guys are under storm watches. Be safe! Nothing but beautiful weather here. Just put in a few annuals with the grands and now I'm about to pick up the pooch from her day at the "spa," then head back home for afternoon naps. I think we ALLLLL need them!

I got lots of plants in the ground yesterday and spent the evening racking. Ugh. But it was worth it! I picked up some azalea roots from a friend today. I'll be planting those on Monday. We're supposed to get lots of rain tonight and tomorrow which will make the ground soft enough to dig.

Did a bit of volunteering for one of our local charter schools. Nice way to spend a few hours. Now I'm finally watching The Hobbit!

Nice!  Our azaleas just finished blooming.  I need to prune them now.  It wound up being rainy and dreary all day, so we didn't get any gardening done.  It's supposed to be more of the same tomorrow and next weekend, too, so I'm hoping to find some time during the week. :(  Maybe if I pick up the flowers tomorrow, we can do the hanging baskets and potted things indoors.  Then all we'd have to do is set them outside.

One job I'm not looking forward to is thinning the bamboo.  Sigh...I think I'll just do it a bit at a time.  

Our azaleas are gorgeous right now, blooming like crazy with more coming out every day.  I just hope the rain doesn't ruin them.  We had crummy weather today, but the rain wasn't too heavy.  So, they're still looking good. 

I miss that good mud down there, this stuff is that nasty red clay.  bleech! 

We do have some really good soil. Most times I can just drop it, water it and go. I see lots of fancy homes that can't seem to realize that whats prettiest is left on its own. I just don't care for overly manicured gardens.

Rainy day here, went to church this morning and came home and fixed dinner and eaten it. Now its dvd's and tea until I start snoring!

We planted some flowers and sowed some grass seeds. I don't know if it'll work out, the chicken kind of like messing around with the seeds :blush2:. On Saturday we celebrated my granddad's birthday (he's 72 now I think). The past few days I've been resting a lot, because I'm quite tired from it. We were only with about 8-10 people but I can't handle much yet. I spend half the time hiding upstairs and only saw the family during dinner and while we had cake and gave the presents. I hope I'll feel better soon. My mum has injured her knee, our dog Boris ran into her, so she can't walk much atm :(. Our dog Pamuk has also injured her knee (also due to Boris), but she seems to be feeling a bit better today. Tomorrow I have an appointment at a shop for hearing, they sell special earplugs that I hope will help me. They have to measure my ears so I'm hoping it won't be too painful or anything (I have wounds on my earlobes which doesn't really help :blush2:). I'm nervous for it but I'm really hoping the earplugs will help me through some noisier times (ie. when I walk in town) so hopefully it'll all for the good.

It is tiresome but I'm determined to have a decent yard this year! I don't need fancy but simply pleasant and relaxing. Its not for anyone but family and friends anyways. I don't want to spend the hellish summer to come worrying about watering the plants. I want them to be "self-caring!"

Long day here. Lots of stuff going on. Can't WAIT to call it a day but I'm still hours away from bedtime.

I have nothing lined up for the weekend yet but I am busy next week.  I have arranged playdates and I am helping my friend in the garden.  My friend's son is also having a birthday party later this month and it is my Gran's birthday.

We will be Morris Dancing on St George's Day - 23rd April.

AT&T, American Telephone & Telegraph Co.  /aka/ the Evil Empire and I had a bit of a run in this week.  The battery on my iphone 4 gave out, and apparently (stupidly) it is cheaper ( I know, by design) to purchase a new phone than a new battery.  So, I upgraded a bit and popped for the iphone 4S...it's the same size and fits the neat cover I have, an Andy Warhol creation.  Ok. 

Get home, plug the phone in, and next a.m., put the phone in my purse and go.  Well, by the next day it was D-E-A-D!  I called AT&T, a monumental chore in itself.  Found a setting that could have caused it, changed the setting and it all seemed ok.  HAH!  Next day, the phone was at ZERO battery again.  We were already out, so stopped at the AT&T store............they told me that I'd have to travel across the lake to the nearest Apple store and have the battery replaced (true, at no cost except an hours travelling!).  I. Was. Very. Annoyed.  Went around the merry-go-round with salesman #1 for a bit, who was quite firm in stating that AT&T could not possibly replace the phone, they were not allowed by Apple to do that.  He also said that one day's charge was pretty normal.  Then I saw the original salesman that had sold us the phone.  I strode the length of the store, holding up the offending phone and said in a rather loud voice that this faulty phone that I was sold yesterday..............Well, they couldn't wait to replace the phone right then and there for me.  

Miraculous, wasn't it? 

Now I only hope they don't charge me for both phones     :sarcastic:    .....I'm watching them!  And ready to do battle.  Again.

Edited by pontalba