Hughes' Fantasy Reviews 2013

Signor Finzione

Ooooh, I did actually have a look at that in Waterstones last week . . . BUT it was in hardback and was expensive. I've just had a nosy on Amazon and bought Suldrun's Garden for £0.01, but it'll probably be next year by the time I actually get to read it. :P

Oh wow that's great! I am really really proud of you :friends3:   Go on just read a few pages you will be hooked :readingtwo:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But . . . But . . .  :o

Oh, you meant 'butt', didn't you? :giggle2:

I might be joining him in a day or two :P  :giggle2:

Yes I did :giggle2:  Bah, I don't see what all the fuss is about with GTA. Personally I like my Xbox games like I like my books - fantasy worlds only, please! :P

Oh wow that's great! I am really really proud of you :friends3:   Go on just read a few pages you will be hooked :readingtwo:

Yay! Maybe I'll add it to my "TBR before Christmas", then. :D (The emote made me laugh by the way!)

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes! It's great to be in a place where other people read fantasy. :) (My husband just gets this glazed look on his face whenever I try and tell him about what I'm reading . . . although at the moment that may be down to the fact that he's permanently glued to GTA V :giggle2: )

x

:giggle2:. My boyfriend's also interested in that game, though as money is tight atm, he's not buying it yet. I might give it to him for his birthday.

Yes I did :giggle2:  Bah, I don't see what all the fuss is about with GTA. Personally I like my Xbox games like I like my books - fantasy worlds only, please! :P

Dear Lord, I hope that doesn't mean GTA is the real world, otherwise we've got no hope :lol:

x

:giggle2:. My boyfriend's also interested in that game, though as money is tight atm, he's not buying it yet. I might give it to him for his birthday.

Warning: if you do then you probably won't hear from him for a week or two :giggle2: (I've been enjoying the peace and quiet!)

Dear Lord, I hope that doesn't mean GTA is the real world, otherwise we've got no hope :lol:

Ha, you know what I meant! I meant that I like games like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age, Fable, the Witcher . . . well, you get the picture.  Anyway, I'll speak to you in a week or so when you emerge from your man-cave . . . ;)  :D

Yes I expect so :giggle2: (he'll spend quite a bit of time playing the game once he starts playing it).

I love Dragon Age! I played half-way through the expansion too but then stopped playing for some reason.

I was planning on playing some of the other ones you mentioned, ie. Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights (I bought them through several different online services even XD), but I haven't had enough energy. It'll probably not happen, I'm just too tired. But who knows, I can dream that they think of a medication or something, that really helps a lot.

I played a little bit of The Witcher but I got stuck, it was too difficult, so I quit. My boyfriend owns Fable and played some of it and liked it, so maybe I'll play it one day (I don't have an Xbox or 360, he does).

Sorry if this is totally off-topic for your reading log, though :giggle2:.

Edited by Athena

Ha, you know what I meant! I meant that I like games like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age, Fable, the Witcher . . . well, you get the picture.

Have you got the new edition of Baldur's Gate?  :smile:   BGII is out in November, too  :smile:

Anyway, I'll speak to you in a week or so when you emerge from your man-cave . . . ;)  :D

Yeah, it's like the Batcave but with more gadgets  :giggle2:

Yes I expect so :giggle2: (he'll spend quite a bit of time playing the game once he starts playing it).

I love Dragon Age! I played half-way through the expansion too but then stopped playing for some reason.

I was planning on playing some of the other ones you mentioned, ie. Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights (I bought them through several different online services even XD), but I haven't had enough energy. It'll probably not happen, I'm just too tired. But who knows, I can dream that they think of a medication or something, that really helps a lot.

I played a little bit of The Witcher but I got stuck, it was too difficult, so I quit. My boyfriend owns Fable and played some of it and liked it, so maybe I'll play it one day (I don't have an Xbox or 360, he does).

Sorry if this is totally off-topic for your reading log, though :giggle2:.

Dragon Age is my favourite game ever! I have all the expansions and have got all the achievements. :D The Witcher is quite difficult at the start - I had to play it on 'Easy' :giggle2: . It's good, but I do prefer the games where you create your own character.

I hope that they do think of a medication. Games like this are a good way of escaping reality and helping you forget what's going on around you, or so I find. Definitely invest in an Xbox, my friend. :)

It's not off topic at all! I brought it up, and anyway you can talk about what you like to me. :P Plus, Fable, Dragon Age and the Witcher are all books too, so yeah. :D (Have you read any of them? I noticed the DA ones on your reading log).

Have you got the new edition of Baldur's Gate?  :smile:   BGII is out in November, too  :smile:

Yeah, it's like the Batcave but with more gadgets  :giggle2:

I didn't even know they'd re-released it! I haven't played it for years. I got the edition that included BGII, only to be told that BGII and the expansions couldn't be played on my PC. I didn't get very far into BG I, either: Minsk (?) tried to kill me for taking too long with his quest and I got annoyed. :giggle2: I loved his hamster, though - "go for the eyes, Boo!"

Have you played Neverwinter Nights or Icewind Dale? They're my favourites for the PC (I can only play the newer games on Xbox since I don't have a decent enough graphics card for the PC versions).

Dragon Age is my favourite game ever! I have all the expansions and have got all the achievements. :D The Witcher is quite difficult at the start - I had to play it on 'Easy' :giggle2: . It's good, but I do prefer the games where you create your own character.

x

I agree, I always love to customise and get it how I want the character to look like (if given the choice I normally pick female (if there's no differences in game play style). I also like it when your character can give different dialogue choices, such as in Dragon Age. You can shape the story a bit more that way. Congrats on getting all the achievements, that must've cost some time! If I had a lot of energy, perhaps I'd done that too (I did think about it at one point), though I always prefer to play in a certain way over others (in Dragon Age, good not evil, mage but with knight skills too. I like using both magic and physical skills. I don't like playing as a rogue or archer of a kind.)

x

It's not off topic at all! I brought it up, and anyway you can talk about what you like to me. :P Plus, Fable, Dragon Age and the Witcher are all books too, so yeah. :D (Have you read any of them? I noticed the DA ones on your reading log).

x

I've read two of the three Dragon Age books, I read The Stolen Throne and The Calling. I haven't yet read Asunder, I planned to read it after I'd finished the expansion and played through the second game, but I never got that far. I might just read it without having played the games. I've read three Mass Effect books (though that's a science-fiction RPG so not sure if it'd be your thing), the fourth one, written by someone else, has bad reviews so I didn't buy it. I don't think I have any other fiction books based on a real world game (I do have some game guides). I do however, recommend Yahtzee Croshaw - Mogworld if you want a funny fantasy book, based on RPGs (particularly MMORPGs). It's brilliant. It's not based on one particular MMORPG but more in general (though a lot of MMORPGs are based on World of Warcraft). Anyway, the characters have quests etc.

Have you read any books based on games?

x

I agree, I always love to customise and get it how I want the character to look like (if given the choice I normally pick female (if there's no differences in game play style). I also like it when your character can give different dialogue choices, such as in Dragon Age. You can shape the story a bit more that way. Congrats on getting all the achievements, that must've cost some time! If I had a lot of energy, perhaps I'd done that too (I did think about it at one point), though I always prefer to play in a certain way over others (in Dragon Age, good not evil, mage but with knight skills too. I like using both magic and physical skills. I don't like playing as a rogue or archer of a kind.)

I usually pick females too. I love DA2 where you can make your character look exactly how you want! I only got all the achievements because I had too much time on my hands - I usually just try and sit back and enjoy the game rather than worrying about getting 100%. (Although I do like hunting down silver keys in the Fable games.) :D

It's funny - my favourite character to play in DA is a rogue archer. :giggle2: Mages are fun too though!

xx

I've read two of the three Dragon Age books, I read The Stolen Throne and The Calling. I haven't yet read Asunder, I planned to read it after I'd finished the expansion and played through the second game, but I never got that far. I might just read it without having played the games. I've read three Mass Effect books (though that's a science-fiction RPG so not sure if it'd be your thing), the fourth one, written by someone else, has bad reviews so I didn't buy it. I don't think I have any other fiction books based on a real world game (I do have some game guides). I do however, recommend Yahtzee Croshaw - Mogworld if you want a funny fantasy book, based on RPGs (particularly MMORPGs). It's brilliant. It's not based on one particular MMORPG but more in general (though a lot of MMORPGs are based on World of Warcraft). Anyway, the characters have quests etc.

Have you read any books based on games?

I've always fancied the Dragon Age books simply because I love the games - I'll have to give them a go! I've never played Mass Effect - it looks a bit scary for me. :hide:

I've read 'The Last Wish' by Andrej Sapkowski, but in that case the game (the Witcher) was based on the book and not the other way round. It wasn't that good either - there were some really good moments but it didn't really flow as a cohesive story (maybe because it was translated?). I've read 'The Shattering', which I think is a WoW book, which was okay. I've just looked up 'Mogworld' and it looks quite good - although the first thing it made me think of was Final Fantasy. :giggle2: (Have you played FF?)

By the way: stop me if I'm geeking out too much, okay? ;)

I love the Final Fantasy series, though I haven't played all of them. I've played FFX, FFX-2, FFXII and FFVII, FFIII, FFIV, FFXIII (but I didn't finish those last four). I didn't come to the series very early so I missed out on most of the earlier ones. I've tried to play them but I got stuck (maybe I'll try again another day..). Final Fantasy X was the first big RPG I ever played, and I loved it so much! I liked FFX-2 too but nowhere near as much, and I also liked FFXII but again I prefer FFX. I played quite a lot of FFXIII too (though not as much as of the other three I did finish), but somehow gave up near the end of the story (again, maybe some day). I also own FFXIII-2 (I can't remember the exact name) and FFVIII. At one point I was buying FFIX but the discs were missing and they only had the case so that didn't work out. I'm not into the online ones where you have to pay a subscription fee and be connected and play with other people, so I haven't tried those. Have you played any of the FF games?

I loved the Mass Effect series too, though I didn't play a lot of the third one (my PC crashed and I just stopped playing). I loved the first one, and the second one was really good too. I can see why you'd find them scary though I don't think they're a lot scarier than Dragon Age really (although the third/first person view adds scary-ness). At least, I don't like horror films much but I did like these games (when I played them a couple of years ago). Also, they're shooters rather than with swords, so that's something else to think about. It's strange, because I'm really not into shooters anymore (except for the Ratchet & Clank series), but I love the Mass Effect games. I don't think there's a demo for Xbox you can try, demos seem to be a thing of the past unfortunately (though I think you can pick the games up for cheap these days). You could try watching a video, but you don't want to spoil the story for yourself I presume, so you'd have to be careful.

Anyway.. it's fun reminiscing about these older games :).

You're not being too geeky in my opinion! I'm enjoying all this talk :D. (I'm a geek too, though..) (Maybe we're scaring other people?)

I didn't even know they'd re-released it! I haven't played it for years. I got the edition that included BGII, only to be told that BGII and the expansions couldn't be played on my PC. I didn't get very far into BG I, either: Minsk (?) tried to kill me for taking too long with his quest and I got annoyed. :giggle2: I loved his hamster, though - "go for the eyes, Boo!"

http://www.baldursgate.com/

http://www.baldursgateii.com/

Don't think you need a particularly powerful graphics card  :smile:

Have you played Neverwinter Nights or Icewind Dale? They're my favourites for the PC (I can only play the newer games on Xbox since I don't have a decent enough graphics card for the PC versions).

I had both those games but never really got into them, I must admit.  And Planescape Torment as well.  I think my favourite RPGs were Final Fantasy IV and, most of all, Chrono Trigger.  I thought Mass Effect 2 was fantastic, but wasn't so keen on the first one and have never played the third.  I played a big chunk of Dragon Age and The Witcher but then stopped playing both for some reason and never went back.  Same for Skyrim and Oblivion.  I'm great at starting games, then my interest wanes and I never finish them :rolleyes:

I love the Final Fantasy series, though I haven't played all of them. I've played FFX, FFX-2, FFXII and FFVII, FFIII, FFIV, FFXIII (but I didn't finish those last four). I didn't come to the series very early so I missed out on most of the earlier ones. I've tried to play them but I got stuck (maybe I'll try again another day..). Final Fantasy X was the first big RPG I ever played, and I loved it so much! I liked FFX-2 too but nowhere near as much, and I also liked FFXII but again I prefer FFX. I played quite a lot of FFXIII too (though not as much as of the other three I did finish), but somehow gave up near the end of the story (again, maybe some day). I also own FFXIII-2 (I can't remember the exact name) and FFVIII. At one point I was buying FFIX but the discs were missing and they only had the case so that didn't work out. I'm not into the online ones where you have to pay a subscription fee and be connected and play with other people, so I haven't tried those. Have you played any of the FF games?

Yeah, I don't really agree with the whole 'online only' thing, and I never play online with other people (it's MY game, all mine preciousssss :P )

I've only ever played VI, VII, VIII and IX. VI is brilliant and VII is one of my favourite games of all time (they were going to remake it a few years ago the way they're doing Fable I now, but it fell through). I did try to get into FFX, and played the demo for FFXII (I think) but for some reason the newer ones don't really appeal to me. The trailer for the new one looks pretty cool though . . .

I loved the Mass Effect series too, though I didn't play a lot of the third one (my PC crashed and I just stopped playing). I loved the first one, and the second one was really good too. I can see why you'd find them scary though I don't think they're a lot scarier than Dragon Age really (although the third/first person view adds scary-ness). At least, I don't like horror films much but I did like these games (when I played them a couple of years ago). Also, they're shooters rather than with swords, so that's something else to think about. It's strange, because I'm really not into shooters anymore (except for the Ratchet & Clank series), but I love the Mass Effect games. I don't think there's a demo for Xbox you can try, demos seem to be a thing of the past unfortunately (though I think you can pick the games up for cheap these days). You could try watching a video, but you don't want to spoil the story for yourself I presume, so you'd have to be careful.

Anyway.. it's fun reminiscing about these older games :).

You're not being too geeky in my opinion! I'm enjoying all this talk :D. (I'm a geek too, though..) (Maybe we're scaring other people?)

I think I might have been getting Mass Effect mixed up with Dead Space :giggle2: . I'm not a huge fan of shooters or anything first-person really. I did play Devil May Cry 3, although I pretty much used my ice-flail thingy all the way through instead of the gun. :D You can still download demos, but mainly for  rubbish games . . . I remember the days of Playstation 1, where you'd randomly get a demo disc through the post and play it for hours. :smile:

I'm enjoying it too! Reminds me of the old days. Maybe this thread should be 'geeks only'? Although it seems to be mainly you, me and Steve, so I guess it already is. :D  :P  :giggle2:

http://www.baldursgate.com/

http://www.baldursgateii.com/

Don't think you need a particularly powerful graphics card  :smile:

Ooo, WANT WANT WANT!! With the graphics card thing I just meant 'bigger' games like DA and Elder Scrolls and stuff. I can't even play NWN2 on it. :( The problem with my BG was that it was the US edition, or something.

I had both those games but never really got into them, I must admit.  And Planescape Torment as well.  I think my favourite RPGs were Final Fantasy IV and, most of all, Chrono Trigger.  I thought Mass Effect 2 was fantastic, but wasn't so keen on the first one and have never played the third.  I played a big chunk of Dragon Age and The Witcher but then stopped playing both for some reason and never went back.  Same for Skyrim and Oblivion.  I'm great at starting games, then my interest wanes and I never finish them :rolleyes:

I tried Oblivion and Skyrim (and had Morrowind for PC too), but gave up on them all really early on as I found it really difficult to negotiate the view/movement. Did you play Dragon Age 1 or 2? They're both good but in different ways. And I've only played the Witcher 2 since the first one isn't available on Xbox.

Icewind Dale was the first RPG I ever played (even before BG), and FFVII was the second - maybe why I like them so much. I'm great at starting games, and then doing absolutely nothing else until I've finished them. :giggle2:  (Unless it's Elder Scrolls)

Here's a token book review in case anyone accuses us of going off-topic (but do keep talking about the games - nobody else I know cares about them :giggle2: ). It's for a short story I was sent recently to review. :)

Review: Hope's End by Brian McClellan

A cruel ultimatum. An impending battle. A situation without hope. Or is it?

Captain Verundish is trapped in a terrible position. Unable to see a way out, she is willing to face the ultimate sacrifice to protect those she holds dear. The first wave of the assault on Darjah provides the perfect opportunity . . . but the intervention of General Tamas drastically changes the well-laid plans of the Captain.

‘Hope’s End’ is an engaging short story from the creator of the Powder Mage trilogy. The events take place several years prior to the events of the main trilogy, meaning no previous knowledge of the series is necessary. However, those who have read Promise of Blood will be especially delighted: ‘Hope’s End’ adds a new dimension to the world of the powder mages, as well as giving us an intriguing glimpse of Tamas in his younger days.

This is the story of Tamas, however, but that of Captain Verundish. The restrictions of the short story format can make it difficult to create characters we care about, but I was rooting for Verundish after reading the first couple of paragraphs, which are poignant yet pleasantly morbid. I was filled with sympathy at her situation, as well as admiration for her resolve: her entire situation really increased the resonance of the title ‘Hope’s End’.

As a huge fan of Promise of Blood I was looking forward to some characteristically enthralling action, and there’s about as much of it here as you can expect from a story this length. The atmosphere shifts from tense to explosive in a matter of moments, and there are some really nice moments of Privileged magic and powder mage awesomeness. I would like to have seen more of Tamas in action, but I suppose this wasn’t really his story.

The balance of various elements – personal crises, army politics, and chaotic warfare – as well as their satisfying resolution makes this a perfectly self-contained story for those new to the author. For others more familiar with his work, it’s a wonderful companion tale to the series and a great way to break down the time spent waiting for the release of The Crimson Campaign. Only five months to go . . .

My rating: 4.5/5

Nice review :)! I was going to add it to my wishlist but it's not listed on GoodReads. I'll add it to my manual log for now.

I read the synopsis for Promise of Blood, the first in the Powder Mages series. Do the Church and beliefs play a big role, or is it more on the background?

Huge gamer here! :smile:

I have all the consoles - 360, PSx, PS2, PS3, Wii U and I play pc too. I also have a vita and a dsi. PS4 on pre-order.

I will be all over the place here as I am trying to remember every game mentioned in the above posts, so forgive me :giggle2:

I play all games but sport ones - extreme sports is fine. I loved baldurs gate 1 and 2, played at least 150 hours co-op between mates on the second one (on ps2). I have the witcher 2 on 360 but yet to play it :blush:. Currently playing GTA V on ps3. Not a huge fan of fable or mass effect. Loved oblivion, skyrim not so much, dragons got annoying after awhile. Dragon age 1 and 2 were fun, I enjoyed the first one better though.  

I have a few game based books, ico, two on oblivion, one on hitman and one on metro 2033. I've read my bfs copies of mass effect, they were interesting.

Ditto most of the above.

Have an Xbox 360 and playing Borderlands 2 at the moment which is a great game. Loved Dragon Age but couldn't get into DA2, you could tell straight away that the same amount of effort just wasn't put into the sequel.

Oblivion and Skyrim are amongst my favourite games ever, as is Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Couldn't get into Mass effect at all though... far too much travelling miles and miles just to talk to some one and then doing the reverse.

Going to buy Witcher 2! Hadn't heard of it before :o

Nice review :)! I was going to add it to my wishlist but it's not listed on GoodReads. I'll add it to my manual log for now.

I read the synopsis for Promise of Blood, the first in the Powder Mages series. Do the Church and beliefs play a big role, or is it more on the background?

If you click the link to my blog (in my signature) it'll take you to the review on there; there are links at the bottom to buy it for Kindle on both Amazon and the author's website. :) I'm not a huge fan of short stories but I really liked this one.

The Church is part of the overall plot, but it's more to do with the political influence of the religious leaders and how this affects one of the characters' attempts to run the country (if I remember correctly). It's very interesting: I've seen it referred to as "flintlock fantasy" as there are guns as well as magic, and the powder mages themselves are brilliant. It's a really good book and I'll definitely be investing in the second one when it comes out. :)

Huge gamer here! :smile:

I have all the consoles - 360, PSx, PS2, PS3, Wii U and I play pc too. I also have a vita and a dsi. PS4 on pre-order.

I will be all over the place here as I am trying to remember every game mentioned in the above posts, so forgive me :giggle2:

I play all games but sport ones - extreme sports is fine. I loved baldurs gate 1 and 2, played at least 150 hours co-op between mates on the second one (on ps2). I have the witcher 2 on 360 but yet to play it :blush:. Currently playing GTA V on ps3. Not a huge fan of fable or mass effect. Loved oblivion, skyrim not so much, dragons got annoying after awhile. Dragon age 1 and 2 were fun, I enjoyed the first one better though.  

I have a few game based books, ico, two on oblivion, one on hitman and one on metro 2033. I've read my bfs copies of mass effect, they were interesting.

I was talking about the original Baldur's Gate for the PC, whereas I'm guessing you're referring to Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for PS2? I've played them both, by the way, and enjoyed them lots! Me and my sister used to play co-op for days on end during the school holidays. :D (I miss the older games where you could play co-op with the person you're sitting next to!)

Dragon Age 1 is definitely better than 2, although I've played both more times than I can count! Dragon Age 3 comes out next year and it  looks amazing.

The only reason I wanted to play Skyrim in the first place was because the dragons looked awesome. I'm glad I didn't bother with it now. :giggle2:

Ditto most of the above.

Have an Xbox 360 and playing Borderlands 2 at the moment which is a great game. Loved Dragon Age but couldn't get into DA2, you could tell straight away that the same amount of effort just wasn't put into the sequel.

Oblivion and Skyrim are amongst my favourite games ever, as is Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Couldn't get into Mass effect at all though... far too much travelling miles and miles just to talk to some one and then doing the reverse.

Going to buy Witcher 2! Hadn't heard of it before :o

I agree totally about Dragon Age, although I do still enjoy playing both. I used to share a flat with my husband and his brother: his brother bought Fallout 3 the day it was released and it's the only thing we saw on the TV screen for about 3 solid weeks :giggle2: . It looked great but the mutant things were a bit scary for wussy old me, plus I tend to get lost in games with such big wide worlds to explore. :D

I hope you enjoy the Witcher 2 - I've played it through twice now, and it's been different each time (there are two different choices you can make/sides to support, and the rest of the game plays out completely differently depending on which one you pick). Witcher 3 is also coming out next year (I think) and it looks absolutely amazing - although by the looks of it I'll spend more time getting lost than I will actually completing quests. :giggle2:

I agree totally about Dragon Age, although I do still enjoy playing both. I used to share a flat with my husband and his brother: his brother bought Fallout 3 the day it was released and it's the only thing we saw on the TV screen for about 3 solid weeks :giggle2: . It looked great but the mutant things were a bit scary for wussy old me, plus I tend to get lost in games with such big wide worlds to explore. :D

I hope you enjoy the Witcher 2 - I've played it through twice now, and it's been different each time (there are two different choices you can make/sides to support, and the rest of the game plays out completely differently depending on which one you pick). Witcher 3 is also coming out next year (I think) and it looks absolutely amazing - although by the looks of it I'll spend more time getting lost than I will actually completing quests. :giggle2:

I love a big world to explore, but only when there are waypoints/quest markers and some way to define if you've already been there or not. The mutants were terrifying! especially in a dark corridor. But Fallout 3 did have the voice of Liam Neeson which is always good.

Hmm Witcher 2 is only £15 on Amazon... :out:

Eh?  The dragons in Skyrim are awesome - and they're integral to the gameplay, for a change :yes:

They are awesome! But I do slightly agree that they were a bit tedious to kill after a while, especially when they don't stay still so you can shoot them :shrug:

It just got a little annoying for me when you would be in the middle of doing something and a dragon would disturb you every five minutes.

Love love love the fallout games!

Any yes dark alliance was the one i was referring to on ps2.

Edited by Devi

If you click the link to my blog (in my signature) it'll take you to the review on there; there are links at the bottom to buy it for Kindle on both Amazon and the author's website. :) I'm not a huge fan of short stories but I really liked this one.

The Church is part of the overall plot, but it's more to do with the political influence of the religious leaders and how this affects one of the characters' attempts to run the country (if I remember correctly). It's very interesting: I've seen it referred to as "flintlock fantasy" as there are guns as well as magic, and the powder mages themselves are brilliant. It's a really good book and I'll definitely be investing in the second one when it comes out. :)

x

Thanks for your answers :)!

x

Dragon Age 1 is definitely better than 2, although I've played both more times than I can count! Dragon Age 3 comes out next year and it  looks amazing.

x

I didn't know it was coming out so soon! That's good to know. 

x

I have the same! I bought Fallout 3 and tried to play it but I got lost a lot and gave up because no matter where I went, there were scary things that killed my character. So I gave up, thinking it's not a game for me. I like Skyrim (and Oblivion) much more (I also prefer a fantasy setting over an apocalyptic one). 

They are awesome! But I do slightly agree that they were a bit tedious to kill after a while, especially when they don't stay still so you can shoot them :shrug:

x

That's so annoying!

Yeah, cos those real life dragons always stay still when they're attacked  :giggle2: