Gyre's Revamped Reading List/Blog

Weave

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a while since I read A Room With A View, but I know I enjoyed it. Gorgeous film, too. :censored:

Thanks Angerball, I am enjoying it so far and the film was gorgeous x

I haven't read Room With a View but I enjoyed Passage to India - may be that's one for you to try Gyre if you like E M Forster.

Have you enjoyed the classics more than you originally thought you would?

I haven't read Room With a View but I enjoyed Passage to India - may be that's one for you to try Gyre if you like E M Forster.

Have you enjoyed the classics more than you originally thought you would?

Thank you Judy for the recommendation, I will certainly keep an eye out for 'An passage to India'. I can honestly say I am enjoying the classics more than I thought it would, I was a bit skeptical at first but everyone I have read so far have been brilliant.

Thanks again Judy x

Well that was quick, I could not get into 'Dance Dance Dance' by Haruki Murakami, I will get back to it.

Started ' The Valley of the Dolls' by Jacqueline Susann. :censored:

I have that one too. How did you get into my flat???!!!

I bought it just incase it was chosen for book of the month for December. :censored: and I also liked the sound of it. x

• 2 weeks later...

I finished 'The House at Riverton' by Kate Morton, which was ok. Started reading 'Stardust' by Neil Gaiman, which is pretty ace so far. x

Hello!!! Please blog your thoughts as you go along (if you have time!) - I'd love to know what you think! :welcome: .. do you have the novel edition or the graphic edition? x

Sorry everyone:D

I have the novel edition of 'Stardust'. I am really enjoying it Princess, more than I thought I would, a great story, the characters are fab. I

love the idea of all the brothers, the alive ones and the dead ones, and how as the story continues, there is more dead ones

, I think I will be reading more books by Neil Gaiman. :006:

I'm sorry too! It's my favourite book, I can't help it!!! ...I've just framed some pictures of the picture book edition for my bedroom wall, so now I am surrounded by Stardust!

It is a wonderful fairy story, I like the way it's very real, in an unreal world; I think fairy stories sometimes have the danger of becoming too twee.

The brothers are great, really clever idea! They are the light relief in the film too

..Have you not read Gaiman before?

I'm sorry too! It's my favourite book, I can't help it!!! ...I've just framed some pictures of the picture book edition for my bedroom wall, so now I am surrounded by Stardust!

It is a wonderful fairy story, I like the way it's very real, in an unreal world; I think fairy stories sometimes have the danger of becoming too twee.

The brothers are great, really clever idea! They are the light relief in the film too

..Have you not read Gaiman before?

This is my first time reading anything by Neil Gaiman. My husband highly recommends him as well, so I think I will be reading 'American Gods' eventually.

Your pictures must look so cool Princess.

:welcome:

I finished 'Stardust' today and I really enjoyed it. Great story, wonderful characters, I loved the fact it was the darker side of Faeries Tales.

:welcome:

Yay!! I loved that you enjoyed it!!! :readingtwo: ...American Gods was a little to 'manly' for me (I don't know if that makes any kind of sense to anyone but me!!).. I would highly recommend 'Neverwhere' and 'Good Omens' though, oo and 'Coraline' if you fancy a childrens story; and 'Smoke and Mirrors' for short stories; actually, you should read them all!! Lol!! xxx

• 4 weeks later...
oh no!!!! your poor bag!! is it recoverable?!! Are you just keeping Jonathan Strange for indoor use now?

...Let me know how you get on with Anansi boys.. I may have to pick it up again (we seem to have similar taste, so I'll follow your lead!!)

No, I am heartbroken, my bag was not recoverable but in all fairness Princess, I carry a lot of stuff in my bag (it was bound to happen), gives me an excuse to buy a new one!, back to the subject at hand, yeah I am reading 'Jonathan Strange' at home, getting there, slowly but surely, really enjoying it. 'Anansi Boys' so far has been brilliant!:lol:

...It's the Sales!! I bought a sturdy bag from Next yesterday for 6 whole English pounds!! Hurrah!

...Anansi Boys may have to be back on my list then!! :lol:

Cool!