What's up in September?

Kell

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally picked up my new glasses today!  Love my main distance pair which are much lighter than my old pair, and the lens style is bigger too, so I have less of the frame in my vision, which makes them comfortable to wear.  As as for my new reading glasses ... I can actually read my book comfortably instead of having to hold it at arms length trying to focus on the page  :jump:

Edited by chesilbeach

Woo for new glasses, Chesil! :D

Sorry, you guys, I just assumed everyone knew what a skyway was. They are basically square tubes connecting buildings about two stories off the ground. Is Minneapolis the only city that had them, I wonder? Anyway, we have them because of our horribly cold and snowy winters - that way people can walk from building to building without going outside :)

Muggle, I didn't realize that about the sunrise on Cadillac! I can't wait to get back there some day.

Congratulations for the new glasses CB, I know it feels great! :)

We have a few skyways here.....I know of one at least in New Orleans attached to Tulane Medical School/Center downtown that crosses a pretty wide street/highway.. 

And, in our closest town, Covington, there is one just put in last year, again at a hospital.  It goes from the hospital, across a busy street to a Medical facility where they do specialized testing. 

Oh, and just remembered there are some at the New Orleans Airport aka Louis Armstrong International Airport.

Edited by pontalba

Congrats for the new glasses CB.

Peacefield, Pontalba, it's look like as a great transport! But It's only in USA?¿ In Spain we haven't got anything like this but in other Europe countries I don't know.

I think I see a 9 pm finish as late as that is my bedtime! We are up at 5 am, so try to get to bed at a good time, maybe watch some television, or read for a bit, then get to sleep. :blush2:

x

Same here, I usually go to bed at 9ish as well. 

Cb, congrats on the new glasses! I'm glad they're comfortable :).

I'm tired from spending some time out shopping (getting my shoes mended) and spending time with my family (both in-real-life and on the phone). I had lots of fun, though.

Re bed times, I  ordinarily can't sleep before midnight.  I'm a born Night Owl. :)   Although after all the driving yesterday, we crashed a little after 9 p.m.  And slept till after 9 this morning!  I was really bushed!

My grandma was watching the Home Shopping Network the other day and ordered me a little tablet. I got it in the mail today and it really isn't a 'high technology' one (the camera is like what cell phone ones were 10 years ago) so I'm going to make it into an eReader :D It can download both Nook and Kindle apps so... eReader. :D I'm excited to try it again after having not really gotten into the eReader thing when i had a Nook.

@ Abielle

I wish you lots of fun :).

@ Laura

The Sims 3 can be a lot of fun to play in my opinion, I hope you have fun :).

This afternoon I felt pretty tired all of a sudden (mentally mainly, but.. everywhere really). I'm not sure why exactly, my dad suggested it's because we're not eating so much and losing weight, maybe that's true, I don't know.

This afternoon I felt pretty tired all of a sudden (mentally mainly, but.. everywhere really). I'm not sure why exactly, my dad suggested it's because we're not eating so much and losing weight, maybe that's true, I don't know.

Yes .. you will definitely feel more tired if you're eating less. Hopefully though your body will adjust soon and it won't be a problem :friends0: Don't overdo it though Gaia xx

No work for me today - Coran had a bad night, feeling breathless with very bad acid reflux. We managed to get a doctors appointment and they think it might be the bacteria that causes stomach ulcers, so we now have to wait for a breath test. Neither of us had more than about 3 hours sleep, tossing and turning half the night. I was already knackered anyway from being the only housekeeper on duty all weekend. There are other work related issues too that have happened this week that have only added to the stress, so taking the day off will probably do me good. I have been trying to get hold of my union for the past day or so, but finally got a call back just as we were coming out of the surgery - they gave some good advice, which I shall be acting on. Say no more.  

No work for me today - Coran had a bad night, feeling breathless with very bad acid reflux. We managed to get a doctors appointment and they think it might be the bacteria that causes stomach ulcers, so we now have to wait for a breath test. Neither of us had more than about 3 hours sleep, tossing and turning half the night. I was already knackered anyway from being the only housekeeper on duty all weekend. There are other work related issues too that have happened this week that have only added to the stress, so taking the day off will probably do me good. I have been trying to get hold of my union for the past day or so, but finally got a call back just as we were coming out of the surgery - they gave some good advice, which I shall be acting on. Say no more.  

I hope Coran feels a lot better soon.  Acid Reflux is an awful thing to have. 

Good luck with the advice.

I was so thankful that some OTC pills help me.  At last I could sleep laying down instead of sitting up.