What's up in September?

Kell

Before we moved, we used to live approx. 20 - 30 miles from the orchard where we get peaches and apples. It is an absolutely gorgeous place. Everything is grown there. This is the website of the orchard. If you have time click on it and then "Orchard" and then "ripening schedule" and you will see all the different varieties they grow.

http://saundersbrothers.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/home.fmlanding/index.htm

I sure do miss living up there. :smile:

We now drive up to the orchard about 3 - 4 times a year for apples and peaches. It is about a 2 1/2 hour drive for us now.

Edited by muggle not

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's a matter of baby steps with your sister Talisman. Good luck going forward with it all, and I'm so glad that Coran is such a support in this. :smile:

Peacefield, I can't believe it has been a year - so many changes for you and your family. I'm glad that your Mum is doing ok.  Big hugs and lots of healing vibes for your surgery. You are always missed when you are not around. :flowers2:

Good luck with your move Kell, remember to have proper down time - it's always too easy to do too much when there is so much to be done! :smile:

We are away for a week, driving to Italy. Husband desperately wanted to go again this year, and I wasn't about to argue! :giggle2: I have my French, German & Italian phrase books and dictionaries (pocket sized!), my phrase sheets (please, thank you, sorry, toilet and 1 - 10!) and a fully charged kindle. I am ready! :D

Have a great week everyone.

Talisman, it's great that you're making progress in the relationship with your sister :). The walk is a very proud achievement too, well done!

Kell, good luck with the move, and the new baby! I hope it all goes well :).

Sabry, welcome here, I wish you good luck with your degree. What are you studying?

Piecefield, good luck with your surgery. I hope your recovery is speedy :)

Chrissy, I wish you lots of fun in Italy!

This week I'm going to be writing book reviews, sorting out my new books, and one day going out hopefully. I plan to rest a lot, I'm still very stressed from the past while. My body is so used to being stressed from the past years, that I guess it takes more than two weeks to get it out of my system. I'll try to be patient, it might take a while.

Athena I'm studying graphic design.

I hope you will be less stressed soon!

My degree is very stressful so on holidays I need a couple of weeks to enjoy 100% the holidays.

Piecefield good luck with your surgery!

Chriss you're lucky!!! Enjoy Italy!!

Chrissy - Enjoy your trip to Italy. Wife and I would like to take a vacation  in Italy. We are leaving on Friday for a vacation in Bar Harbor, Maine (U.S.). I will be eating lobster, lobster, lobster, and more lobster. :smile:

I received a telephone call last week asking me if I would be interested in working part time at home for the same Company that I recently retired from. It would be working one 10 hour day a week (my requirement).

Also, while at a get-together on Saturday at a lake house (29 people attended) one of my friends, who is still working, told me of an important project that he will be heading up at the same Company where I received the call last week. He also asked me if I would be interested in coming back to work for the same Company. However, this job would be full time for 3 to 6 months but I could still work at home although it would require frequent travel requiring weeks away from home.

Neither of the jobs are for sure and I have not made up my mind yet if I would accept either, or which, of the jobs if offered. Money isn't a problem with me but it seems like retirement just isn't up my alley. I will probably need to make a decision soon. I gave them my cell phone number as we will be on vacation next week.

muggle, it's nice to know you are wanted, and if retirement isn't your cuppa, go for it!  Would you really get along with all that lone travelling arrangements?  How does Mrs. muggle feel about it?

Good luck with the job offers muggle! It's always tricky when you arent sure of what to do but it usually works out in the end!

I have now started my new job and oh my - there is a lot to take in and get used to! VERY different from my old job, where I could kind of sit back, and do my own thing in the background, whereas this is very hands on - lots of input etc. My boss wants me to start phoning the rest of the team to introduce myself etc - very scary in my view - can't I just eamil then?? haha

I did want a job with more responsibilities and challenges and a step up the ladder so I guess this is what happened! Hopefully I'll get used to it soon - they all seem really nice so far anyway!

Good luck! Glad they all seem really nice :).

I'm still being quite tired and stressed, but I've only had my diploma for ~ 2 weeks so I guess it just takes more time. I've been stressed and tired for a long time, so maybe I just need to be more patient.

muggle it's great that you have a lot of offers! Take your time to make a decision.

Carelia I hope you'll get used to the new job soon! Good luck!

Athena you just need some relax!

Congratulations Carelia! :)

I guess it's a matter of baby steps with your sister Talisman. Good luck going forward with it all, and I'm so glad that Coran is such a support in this. :smile:

Peacefield, I can't believe it has been a year - so many changes for you and your family. I'm glad that your Mum is doing ok.  Big hugs and lots of healing vibes for your surgery. You are always missed when you are not around. :flowers2:

Good luck with your move Kell, remember to have proper down time - it's always too easy to do too much when there is so much to be done! :smile:

We are away for a week, driving to Italy. Husband desperately wanted to go again this year, and I wasn't about to argue! :giggle2: I have my French, German & Italian phrase books and dictionaries (pocket sized!), my phrase sheets (please, thank you, sorry, toilet and 1 - 10!) and a fully charged kindle. I am ready! :D

Have a great week everyone.

Enjoy italy!

What places will you visit?

Today I started my last first day of school. I'm attending the last year of high school! :D

Feeling awful, just had to report someone for drink driving.. Young girl who works with a friend drove past the school (!) and my friend commented that she looked tired and she replied "I'm drunk!" We obviously told her she should be driving to which she replied, "I know!" I don't feel I had any alternative though I am a little worried about repercussions as it will be obvious who reported her.. :(. I'm sure she can't be that drunk but my brother was caught years ago the day after when he felt fine so she must still have alcohol in her system if she feels drunk? I hope not, I don't care if I look stupid, but hopefully if so it will at least be a warning for her.

That sounds difficult, chaliepud! :hug:

I think you did the right thing though, drunk driving is very dangerous and people who do it should be stopped immediately. I can understand that it might create a difficult situation for you though. I hope she'll forgive you and see that you did it for her, and other people's, own good.

Have fun in Italy, Chrissy! I'm so jealous!

Chalie, you did the right thing. If she had done something stupid while behind the wheel, you would have felt bad for not reporting her. Hopefully this will be a wake-up call for her. And, well, she doesn't sound too bright to be driving when she KKNOWS she shouldn't be!

We are leaving on Friday for a vacation in Bar Harbor, Maine (U.S.). I will be eating lobster, lobster, lobster, and more lobster. :smile:

Ooh, I'm jealous of you too, Muggles! From what (very) little I know about Maine, it looks and sounds like a gorgeous place. I'd like to visit there one day. 

I have now started my new job and oh my - there is a lot to take in and get used to! VERY different from my old job, where I could kind of sit back, and do my own thing in the background, whereas this is very hands on - lots of input etc. My boss wants me to start phoning the rest of the team to introduce myself etc - very scary in my view - can't I just eamil then?? haha

That sounds very daunting indeed! Personally, I think it should be up to everyone else to introduce themselves to you. That would be the welcoming thing to do. Good luck with the new job!

Charlie you did the richt thing, don´t worry about it. I don't know how people is capable of driving when they are drunk! It's too dangerous!

Muggle enjoy Maine!

Thanks all, I feel awful about it, the girl in question is due to go back to university next week so hopefully it won't affect that happening.  Hopefully they will give her a caution and a stern talking to and it will put her and anyone she knows from doing anything like it again.  You'd have thought with all the press attention and education in schools it would be becoming less frequent but each generation seems to have a larger handful of kids who are just oblivious to the risks.  It's times like this I wish Steve were here to support me. :(

Wow, you're all going to a lot of stuff: new jobs, new holidays, the last year at school, some silly behaviours..

I haven't anything to add, this month is quiet uneventful.. but i'm enjoying your experiences.. weel, not every of youe experience, Chalie.

And Chrissy, bentornata!

You certainly did the right chalie, you may not feel exactly right about reporting her, but it is very much the right thing, and you should feel as though you've done your duty.  You'd feel a great deal worse if she was ever involved in any sort of accident that was in any way serious.  I hope she learns a lesson from this brush with reality. 

Have a good time muggle! :)

We took a day trip down to New Orleans, husband had not had a chance to ride our streetcars yet, and I had not ridden one in at least 30 years!  It was great!  We stopped to eat along the way, and book shop at our favorite uptown book store.  Visited our favorite spots in the City, stopped for more to eat, more shopping and came home.  (Long) Full day, full tummies.  :D

Oh, forgot to add we drove over to our other favorite spot on the Gulf Coast day before yesterday...Bay St. Louis, Mississippi.  Unfortunately the wonderful Bay Books, the local independent book seller was closed that day.  phooey

book I sorry for your lost!! It's a very sad thing.

pontalba I'm glad that you enjoy your trip! It seems like a beautiful place.

Eleonora Enjoy your uneventful month! Sometimes it's what we need.

Sounds like you (mostly) had a great time, pontalba :)!

For me things are going with ups and downs, some moments are better, others less so. I'm not sure why my mood seems to swing so much, I can't fully explain it but maybe it's not weird since I'm just overtired and burned out or such.

In other news, my parents have their Tesla S! My parents have never owned a new car before. I think especially my dad is really enjoying it :). It's quite neat, it's very quiet, the seats are comfortable and the technological features it has are very nice (ie. navigation, energy graph, seats that can move electronically, etc).

Edited by Athena

Thanks Sabry.  :)

Thanks, Athena.  It sounds like a decompression period that you are going through, and that is a natural thing.  You'll even out after a bit, I'm sure. :)

Oh, boy!  Teslas are gorgeous. Sounds super zoomy!