Books that made you cry

Fiona

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cried today during my lunchtime read of "The Confession" by John Grisham. I finished it tonight and really enjoyed it.

I started reading Things I Want My Daughters to Know by Elizabeth Noble and stopped after a few chapters because I was crying so much! I do plan to start on it again at some point.

Dead Poet's Society - I was on the train or bus when I started crying, most embarrassing! lol

The Third Day, The Frost - John Marsden

What Dreams May Come - Richard Matheson

One Second After - William R. Forstchen

Water For Elephants - Sara Gruen

On The Edge - Richard Hammond

Victim: The Other Side of Murder - Gary Kinder

Dead Poet's Society - I was on the train or bus when I started crying, most embarrassing! lol

The Third Day, The Frost - John Marsden

What Dreams May Come - Richard Matheson

One Second After - William R. Forstchen

Water For Elephants - Sara Gruen

On The Edge - Richard Hammond

Victim: The Other Side of Murder - Gary Kinder

Forgot: The Green Mile - Stephen King

Cujo - Stephen King

• 2 weeks later...

2 books made me cry,

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. (twice)

once was when Dobby died, the other was when I reached the last page. No more HP =(. It's ovvvver :(

2. Robin Hood

when Walter was killed :(

I cried when reading The Da Vinci Code. I realized there was another sixty pages to go and nearly broke down...

:lol:

It didn't make me want to cry, but I did come very close to throwing it against the wall. :D

From the latest books that I've read, Promise Me by Richard Paul Evans had me a bit teary eyed. Then again, his books always make me emotional--in the best of possible ways.

• 2 weeks later...

Les Miserables

Watership Down

Silas Marner

and a new one to this thread....Tarka the Otter :weeping:

oops.......I guess that should have been Ring of Bright Water

Edited by Bel-ami

Les Miserables

Watership Down

Silas Marner

and a new one to this thread....Tarka the Otter :weeping:

oh god you have brought back a childhood trauma, we had Tarka the Otter on audio tape and we used to play it in the car when driving to Spain (bear in mind this was when you had to stop and take the tape out and re-insert it for the next side) and the last three words were ....and 3 bubbles came to the surface....there was always hysterics from the back of the car at this point...hmm I wonder why mum and dad didn't throw the dam thing out :D

• 5 months later...

First book that ever made me cry was Phillip Pullmans 'The Amber Spyglass' but I wont say at which part because it would be a real spoiler if you haven't read it!I wouldn't avoid a book because it's sad, but if one is particularly sad, I read a Terry Pratchett book afterwards and it cheers me up :)

I cry at most of Lesley Pearse books, especially 'Charity', when she has to give her baby up for adoption, I was in flood of tears, also some of her other books, where children are in orphanages, and they get beaten by the Sisters who work in the orphanages.

obvously I cried when

Marley died

in Marley and me and I also cried when reading Skipping Christmas, John Grisham due to the main characters act of kindness.

and can you believe it I cried to both of these while I was reading on the bus :smile2: luckily it was just a small cry eailsy laughed off not huge great big sobbing crying

Edited by Janet
Added spoiler tags