What's up in April?

Kell

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xan and I got back from our little holiday last night. Had a lovely time visiting family and generally relaxing. Had some lovely weather too - cold, but sunny and bright (it only drizzled one evening after it was time to come in from playing in the garden anyway!). Looking forward to another few days there in August *fingers crossed*

Just on our way home from the Gadget Show Live at the NEC in Birmingham, a great day for all of us.. :)

The boyfriend went to see The Gadget Show on Friday. He enjoyed it but said it was a little audio-visual heavy.

The boyfriend went to see The Gadget Show on Friday. He enjoyed it but said it was a little audio-visual heavy.

Would definitely agree with that, I lost count of the number of stalls selling headphones! I was hoping for more 'home' gadgets.. My kids spent most if their time in the gaming areas, oh, and the food court! :)

Yes, it was pretty bad. I pick Louisville and Syracuse for the finals.

Louisville will then beat Syracuse, I think. :)

The ACC will really be something when both of those teams join it.

I'm going with Louisville for tonight

Who you picking for tomorrow night. :)

That's a tough one....tbh I didn't think Uconn would get to the finals, so I'll have to go with them out of sheer loyalty.  Though I wouldn't be surprised if L'ville took it

Complete blowout. UConn took it to them.

l'Ville I thought had a chance for a comeback in the early second half when they had a run and were within 16, a 3 would have brought them to within 13 but Breanna knocked down a 3 for UConn and it was all over but the shouting.

That's a tough one....tbh I didn't think Uconn would get to the finals, so I'll have to go with them out of sheer loyalty.  Though I wouldn't be surprised if L'ville took it

I thought about what you said tonight Sophia, even though I don't follow basketball.  The restaurant we were in had the game on their inevidible television.  Charles was facing the tv and mentioned how well UConn was doing.  :)

We went to a performance of the Paul Taylor Dance Company tonight, they played at a theatre nearby.  Man Oh Man!  What a fantastic, wonderful, stupendous performance!!! My hands are sore from clapping so much. :D  

Take a look......... http://www.ptdc.org/

Back to work since Monday, and there's so much to be done it's crazy.

On the plus side, one of my co-workers and myself have become obsessed with Supernatural (I know, we're only 8 years behind!) and we're planning on attending a Supernatural convention in Toronto in October. So if that pans out, it's going to be epic!

Complete blowout. UConn took it to them.

l'Ville I thought had a chance for a comeback in the early second half when they had a run and were within 16, a 3 would have brought them to within 13 but Breanna knocked down a 3 for UConn and it was all over but the shouting.

8 titles :D :D :D

I thought about what you said tonight Sophia, even though I don't follow basketball.  The restaurant we were in had the game on their inevidible television.  Charles was facing the tv and mentioned how well UConn was doing.  :)

:D :D :D

Yay for you on getting into Supernatural, Noll!  Love that show :D.  Weave is also a HUGE fan, I know!

I saw a Robin the other day while I was uncovering all of our deck furniture, and now we're poised to get up to a foot of snow here in the Midwest in the next couple of days  :(  I'm so tired of winter!!  Grrr...

Tomorrow night I'm going to a movie theatre to see the first of Fathom Event's 'Great Art on Screen' series about Edouard Manet, so I'm very excited!  It's about a career-encompassing exhibit on Manet at the Royal Academy of Arts and they're televising it in theatres across the US.  Most of the time Fathom will televise certain operas or symphonies, but this time they are going for art which makes me happy :D.  The next one in the series is on Edvard Munch (which I'll probably skip) and the last one, in October, is on Johannes Vermeer for which I'm super-pumped!

since 'weather' is the subject of the moment...we are slowly getting warmer weather here. Naturally, that means we also get rain. But, what the hey, if something has to go, I say let the cold go.

It's wonderful watching the nature shoot up with the warmth. The krocus, daffodils,and other early blooming trees/shrubs/bulbs are finally showing their beauty. The magpies are pairing up and making their nests right next to a tree habitated by a crow couple. Two enemies in a small area. Should be fun to watch. We even had two swans in the pond next to our house. One day they decided to sleep. In the middle of the road. So, me being me, I took some bread and induced them to get onto the grass. Boy, are they large. They come and go now. I don't think they have found that perfect place to set up their nest yet.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm sick of summer.  After our brief cold spell on sunday, we're back to high 20c temps.  That's nuts.  In April we should be only reaching 10C, if that.  Mother Nature has got very mixed up, giving you northerners a longer winter, and us southerners a long, and very hot summer.

Oooh, exciting, Diane!  I love New York - what a fun place for him to visit! :D

You're right with Mother Nature being mixed up, Bookmonkey - what's up with that?!  It took me an hour to drive my 15 miles to work this morning because we're in the middle of a snow storm.  And it's thundering and lightning too!  I'm generally just going to be annoyed and bitter today :censored: 

Woohoo! The British summer is here - no more snow, the temperature is warming up, and we're in the middle of a torrential thunderstorm!  :intherain:

I hit torrential rain around about the time you posted this on the coach between Exeter and Plymouth. Heard really loud noises while it was driving along and thought it sounded more like thunder than the coach but I couldn't tell with all the noises on the coach xD

Anyway, I'm finally home now! Mum and boyfriend both like my clothes I got when shopping with my aunt and my Dad's partner yesterday. Doing some more shopping tomorrow to get some heels. Will be my first proper pair, thinking of getting these: http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/boots/kelly-brook-black-stud-chain-ankle-boots_277849601

Just catching up with Vampire Diaries now and when I have finally caught up, I will start watching every episode of Big Bang Theory! :D

You can swap with me too if you like - I am fed up with miserable weather we have been getting. Apparently it will be warmer over the weekend, but I will believe that when I see it, and I probably won't seeing as it's my weekend to work. Having said that, I am not sure if I will be able to, as I have a particularly nasty bout of conjunctivitis, which is making my right eye extremely painful and sore.     

Have just heard from work to say that no, I will not be allowed to work, as it is like I thought highly contagious. I just hope that for one the weather men got it right - there is not much sign of it so far though, as its peeing down with rain.  

Edited by Talisman