Turned Out Nice Again . . .

Raven

^ This is true, virgin snow is much easier to walk on, but the snow we've had here was so thin on the ground it was difficult to tell what had been compacted and what hadn't and it didn’t help that we had fresh snow last night on top of compacted snow from yesterday.  Throw in what I guess was black ice on what looked liked clear pavements and it was a recipe for FUN!

Still it looks to be melting now. 

Which is good.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the lovely warm sunshine * has done a great job and melted most of the snow off our local roads. The little ol' country roads are a tad mushy still but navigable. It will be 'interesting' to see what happens tonight when the temperature drops.

*that I think Poppy sent us from NZ :flowers2:

We've had a mix too, we had snow on and off all day the day before yesterday (and snow here in the city is very rare at all, let alone in March) - followed by bouts of glorious sunshine! It's been non-stop cold though, which I love. There's something so deliciously fresh and crisp about air that's cold enough for snow.

I actually thought it was Spring this morning. 7am and the sun was up already! Waheeey! Been quite warm today as well. Slight breeze but nothing over the top. Really nice day.

You were lucky then! When I left for work at 6:30am, it was just above freezing and I had to scrape the ice off my car :cold:

First day of spring, my eye!  We're still in the single digits here and have a good amount of snow and ice outside, GRRR.  Baseball season starts on 1st April and how are they supposed to play if there's snow falling?!

Sorry, this time of year I just get weather-cranky.  In other news, it's supposed to warm up a bit at the weekend, so thank goodness for that :).