Hello

Peahen

Hi, my name is Gracie

I inhale books, and read a diverse range of genres but don't tend to have anywhere to talk books. At present I am reading Norweigian Wood by Haruki Murakami, as have gone the last few months through a Murakami phase. 

I live in Belfast, where I sell 500 word articles to the highest bidder all in the quest to be a writer and pay the mortgage at the same time.

I am married, and have been for the grand old total of two months to my partner of seven years. 

I look forward to meeting you all around the forum. 

G

Hi Risingdawn

I used to be a journalist, and then went on to be a researcher.  I have been using the journalism experience then lately and been freelancing as a writer, often for companies and websites :-)

Thank you for your congratulations. 

Hi Risingdawn

I used to be a journalist, and then went on to be a researcher.  I have been using the journalism experience then lately and been freelancing as a writer, often for companies and websites :-)

Thank you for your congratulations. 

Oh wow. What do you tend to write about?

Hi Chesilbeach, thanks for the welcome - one of my favourite books :)

Risingdawn - i tend to have to write about the most random things - my last few articles have been on finance, property law and science (maths and science being my weakest topics, so a lot of research goes into that). 

Hi Raven, Athena and Frankie and thank you for the welcomes.

I am enjoying Norweigian Wood, Raven, but yes it is very different from his other work and it has taken me a while to switch to that :-)  The main character I am finding quite different to his other central male protagonists.