What's up in February?

Lilywhite

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys! Have I told you lately that I've missed you? :flowers2:

January did indeed go by very fast, but I'm all for that since it means spring is that much closer. It's been so cold, and it's no fun having to get up in the middle of the night just to run my car so I can make sure it'll start in the morning.

Not too much going on in my world right now. We're very busy at work, and last weekend we had a housewarming party that went over very well :D. I had a great birthday today - received lots of phone calls and emails and lovely gifts. I'm going out to lunch tomorrow with a friend and then to dinner with my mom and another friend, which will be fun.

I hope everyone's doing well and you all have a good weekend!

I had a great birthday today - received lots of phone calls and emails and lovely gifts.

Hello Peacefield - belated birthday wishes :friends0:

Glad you had a lovely day!

Belated happy birthday from me too Peacefield.

It's freezing down here in the south-west. So much so I'm ill and yet I wrap up in a coat, scarf and jumper/hoodie everyday when I go out. xD

I am off to Lundy on 18th, so it's a good job I spent a fortune on all that winter walking gear if what you say is true, as my cottage in on the west of the island where the nearest landfall is North America, and the wind blows in places that I even I didn't know about !

It snowed overnight again - not enough for sledging or building a snowman, but enough to make it look pretty. Xan has a bit of a cold, but he seems to be feeling a little better today than he did yesterday, which is good. He says he still wants to go to the library, so that's a positive! :)

Belated happy birthday from me too Peacefield.

I am off to Lundy on 18th, so it's a good job I spent a fortune on all that winter walking gear if what you say is true, as my cottage in on the west of the island where the nearest landfall is North America, and the wind blows in places that I even I didn't know about !

Haha. It's quite sunny today but yeah. Been really wet and windy recently. Probably worse by the coast though.

I went to see The Importance Of Being Earnest last night. It was absolutely brilliant. The company are from the London Classic Theatre, and it toured around the UK last year and will do so this year too, so I don't know if any of you have possibly seen it? Rather than post a really long post here, I've ranted about it in my own thread and you can read about it there if you like.

January did indeed go by very fast, but I'm all for that since it means spring is that much closer. It's been so cold, and it's no fun having to get up in the middle of the night just to run my car so I can make sure it'll start in the morning.

Not too much going on in my world right now. We're very busy at work, and last weekend we had a housewarming party that went over very well :D. I had a great birthday today - received lots of phone calls and emails and lovely gifts. I'm going out to lunch tomorrow with a friend and then to dinner with my mom and another friend, which will be fun.

Have no fear. Spring will soon be here as Punxsutawney Phil did not see it's shadow yesterday. It means only 4 more weeks of winter.

Have no fear. Spring will soon be here as Punxsutawney Phil did not see it's shadow yesterday. It means only 4 more weeks of winter.

Edited by muggle not

Yes, Muggle, good o' Punxsutawney Phil has given me hope for an early Spring this year, woo! :D

Thanks for the Bday wishes everyone! 

Tonight I'm getting cozy inside with a glass of Riesling while it's snowing like mad outside.

kylie while walking on the treadmill today I listened to John Denver's great album "Live at The Sydney Opera". It is my favorite john Denver album.

Cool. :)

I'm having a relatively lousy weekend. I had a nasty run-in with my nasty (and noisy) neighbours yesterday. We have an ongoing dispute that neither of us will budge on (I am 100% in the right, as the by-laws clearly state). I hate living in strata.

I'm dedicating today to reading, as there is much I want to read. I finished one book today, and am halfways through another. My weekend has flown, and it's making me sad because I have a stressful week ahead of me, between a meeting on Tuesday in which I must plead my hopeless case to keep my ending job, and on Wednesday when I'm delivering a course for the first time. I do have the Vlog Brothers to look forward to, but I can't even think about that until I get past the other two things.

We have enjoyed a few days of fun and relaxation since Wednesday. Husband had his birthday, and we took a trip into London, and have enjoyed walks and tv shows, and reading and laughing. Husband heads back into work tomorrow, while I return on Tuesday. I think tomorrow will be a mad catch up day for me,getting all those little jobs done, that I have ignored for days now! :D

I started my day by hitting a deep pot hole, and blowing my tyre. It was just after 6 o'clock in the morning, dark and slightly spitting.  It took me 25 minutes to get the blooming wheel off and ten minutes to get the spare on. Exhausting stuff, and I managed to pull some muscles in my thigh and hip. :mellow:  A very hot shower later and I have spent the day mooching around,  drinking lots of tea and finding it difficult to get warm. 

I received a gorgeous piccy that has become my laptop's new backdrop and the lyrics written on the pic are from my favourite happy song (You Are My Sunshine), so despite a challenging start to my day, I have had my happy-happy song in my head all day. :D