The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Hanna a couple of nights ago and really liked it.

I was quite mesmerised by Saoirse Ronan.

And watched The African Queen last night.

It was a delight watching Allnut and Rose come to life!

I loved the book - and the film seemed to have picked all the best bits and put it together wonderfully.

Quantum of Solace

A series of action scenes held together by a plot that is paper thin even by Bond standards.  It felt like the middle act of a play, rather than a story in its own right.

My least favourite Bond film ever - what on earth was it all about??? That's what happens when script writers go on strike!

We watched Skyfall again on Wednesday - now that's what I call a Bond film! :D

The last movie i watched was Heartbreak Ridge starring Clint Eastwood which i'm watching right now. (I love Clint Eastwood.)

2004 version of Dawn of the Dead

Zombies are my thing at the moment!

I'm obsessed with zombies at the minute as well. (I say at the minute, but i really mean years.) Have you watched Zombieland? (Its amazing!)

..... Salmon Fishing in the Yemen which was lovely.  Funny, especially Kristin Scott-Thomas' character.  Loved her!

I loved Salmon fishing too...but then it was Ewan Mcgregor

I'm obsessed with zombies at the minute as well. (I say at the minute, but i really mean years.) Have you watched Zombieland? (Its amazing!)

Hey JK have you seen a Dutch film called Kill Zombie? It is pretty funny. I also have Gangsters, Guns And Zombies but haven't watched it yet

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - the Fincher version.  I thought it was a bit of a mess to start out with, but it turned out okay.  I still prefer the Swedish adaptation, but I thought this one was decent.  It might actually give me some impetus to read the other two books, as I read this one three or four years ago but never went any further.

House of Sand and Fog

I don't remember being so angry while watching a film.

Have you read the book? I have the movie on digibox and want to watch it but I'd like to read the book first, but I don't know if it's any good.

It would have been better if giant red plastic pegs came crashing down out of the sky to sink the ships.

I had heard that it was awful before i had seen this so i didnt have too many expectations!

In other news i saw Skyfall finally last night!

Have you read the book? I have the movie on digibox and want to watch it but I'd like to read the book first, but I don't know if it's any good.

Unfortunately I didn't know it was from a book, till after I watched the film, frankie.

And I'm not sure I want to read it now - the film really disturbed me. 

(Perhaps if someday I can be a little more objective, I'll pick up the book)

I like to read your thoughts on the characters when you read the book.

Edited by bree

Unfortunately I didn't know it was from a book, till after I watched the film, frankie.

And I'm not sure I want to read it now - the film really disturbed me. 

(Perhaps if someday I can be a little more objective, I'll pick up the book)

I like to read your thoughts on the characters when you read the book.

I'm getting really curious about the story :D  There are no copies of the book at the library so it might be a while til I get to reading the book, but hopefully sometime in the next few years :)