Poppyshake's Reading Year 2013

poppyshake

Oh you mean on TV :D I thought for a moment he came in your house every day and parked himself on your sofa :D (bit presumptuous .. I don't know about you but I'm always under tremendous Christmas pressure .. all of my own making :blush2: .. but an extra old timer sitting in the corner would probably push me over the edge :D)

Oh, I don't know. You could probably put him to good use. You know ......peeling the spuds, cracking the nuts, making paper chains etc  :grinhat: 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have asked him now .. it's in the lap of the Gods :D

Oh you mean on TV :D I thought for a moment he came in your house every day and parked himself on your sofa :D (bit presumptuous .. I don't know about you but I'm always under tremendous Christmas pressure .. all of my own making :blush2: .. but an extra old timer sitting in the corner would probably push me over the edge :D) Oh to think I could have been called Harrods ... cept I don't think my mum had ever been in it :D .. Woolworth's more likely :D  :D  :D 

Yes. I get big-time stressed at the holidays . Not as much anymore as I used to when the "Family" all still lived in our state . We have a small house and a lot of Big Personalities ,so holiday get-togethers used to be like watching a WWF wrestling match ,without the colorful tights and spandex jumpsuits . I was the referee . Since they have all moved , I have thankfully gotten to throw away my referee shirt and whistle, so it's much more TRANQUIL now. ( Before, I needed TRANQUILIZERS )

Yes. I get big-time stressed at the holidays . Not as much anymore as I used to when the "Family" all still lived in our state . We have a small house and a lot of Big Personalities ,so holiday get-togethers used to be like watching a WWF wrestling match ,without the colorful tights and spandex jumpsuits . I was the referee . Since they have all moved , I have thankfully gotten to throw away my referee shirt and whistle, so it's much more TRANQUIL now. ( Before, I needed TRANQUILIZERS )

Goodness knows how I would've coped .. somehow nature knew I wouldn't I guess but still .. despite the fact that there are just two of us and it really wouldn't matter if we ate beans on toast at midnight and stayed in our jammies all day .. I still manage to turn it into an incredibly stressful day :blush2: 

A nice big glug of Bucks Fizz first thing in the morning really does work wonders though :D .. as long as you leave it at that .. at some point it tips from merry to murderous if you're not careful  :giggle: 

My username backwards is ekahsyppop :D .. I reckon I could be a sci-fi heroine :D My actual name backwards is :blush2: yak :blush2: .. which is not at all apt :giggle: 

:giggle2: I have read Virginia Woolf all day and am really only fit for contemplating small stuff now :giggle2: 

My username backwards is ekahsyppop :D .. I reckon I could be a sci-fi heroine :D 

:D 

Depends if:

a)  You know how to operate a powerlifter

b)  You can use a pulse rifle

c)  You look good in a boiler suit

:giggle2:

Depends if:

a)  You know how to operate a powerlifter .. check

b)  You can use a pulse rifle .. ermmm :wibbly: .. check :D

c)  You look good in a boiler suit .. oh!! :blush2: .. from a distance? :giggle:

Yes, yes .. I think I'd be fine .. what do they eat though? I need to know this before I decide whether I want to be one .. and do they wear spots? .. on their boiler suits? :giggle: I think it will be easy to get into the kick-ass mindset .. I'll just think of things that annoy me .. I have a list :D   

Depends if:

a)  You know how to operate a powerlifter .. check

b)  You can use a pulse rifle .. ermmm :wibbly: .. check :D

c)  You look good in a boiler suit .. oh!! :blush2: .. from a distance? :giggle:

Yes, yes .. I think I'd be fine .. what do they eat though?

Well, it depends whether or not they have an alien gestating inside them before they can eat much :hide:   But I'm guessing mostly cornbread :giggle2:

I need to know this before I decide whether I want to be one .. and do they wear spots? .. on their boiler suits? :giggle: 

Yes, yes indeed.  Spots of slime :o  :giggle2:

Well, it depends whether or not they have an alien gestating inside them before they can eat much :hide:   But I'm guessing mostly cornbread :giggle2:

Yes, yes indeed.  Spots of slime :o  :giggle2:

:o  :o  :o  :hide: I've changed my mind :D  

My username backwards is ekahsyppop :D .. I reckon I could be a sci-fi heroine :D My actual name backwards is :blush2: yak :blush2: .. which is not at all apt :giggle: 

:giggle2: I have read Virginia Woolf all day and am really only fit for contemplating small stuff now :giggle2: 

x

That does sound like a funky name! Yak is somewhat appropriate :giggle:. My username backwards is anehta and my name backwards aiag. I think yours are cooler (though Anetha could be a person in a fantasy or science-fiction world).

Oh dear.....my user name is Mumsdik backwards  which doesn't sound very nice at all. I don't know about being in a novel but it certainly sounds like something that should be in a documentary or on pay per view channel  :blush2:

Oh dear.....my user name is Mumsdik backwards  which doesn't sound very nice at all. I don't know about being in a novel but it certainly sounds like something that should be in a documentary or on pay per view channel  :blush2:

:lol: 

You'd get your own show on Channel 4 :giggle2:

:o  :D .. I must say the mind boggles :D

Asrak Gnolro?!? .. hmm .. Erikson might have been better off going for that ;)  .. sci-fi names shouldn't be too pronounceable :D 

:o  :D .. I must say the mind boggles :D

Asrak Gnolro?!? .. hmm .. Erikson might have been better off going for that ;)  .. sci-fi names shouldn't be too pronounceable :D 

Oops I forgot he's fantasy :blush2: well it's all one :o   :giggle:

Oh dear.....my user name is Mumsdik backwards which doesn't sound very nice at all. I don't know about being in a novel but it certainly sounds like something that should be in a documentary or on pay per view channel :blush2:

x

I agree! Though the Dutch word "dik" means thick/fat, it can also be a name (like Dick in English I think).

x

Ived is mine backwards, sounds like it could be a male fantasy figure, maybe a villain?

x

It does :)

Ived is mine backwards, sounds like it could be a male fantasy figure, maybe a villain?

Definitely sounds like a villainous type .. with a cape and a twirly moustache :D

pontalba = ablatnop

hmmmm, sounds a bit Egyptian, so not too science fiction-y.  OTOH, who knows what/who built the pyramids............ :P  :readingtwo:

:D .. but AblatnOp sounds quite sciffy .. I think you'd be in charge of some sort of experimentation .. on humans probably :hide: 

Definitely sounds like a villainous type .. with a cape and a twirly moustache :D

:D .. but AblatnOp sounds quite sciffy .. I think you'd be in charge of some sort of experimentation .. on humans probably :hide: 

Naturally, couldn't use puppies or kittens........ :no:  :eek:

Just non cake or toast eating hu-mans. :tong:  :drama: