How do you read?

I can only hold a book with my right hand, it feels weird holding it with my left (force of habit, I suppose). I also read while eating, it gives me precious reading time and, when I am alone, I find it rather decadent. Mostly I read sitting upright (none of this lying on stomach or back lark!) with the book relatively high; I get neckache if I look down for too long.

I do have this habit of reading on my side when I'm in bed. It can be a tad awkward but when it's cold and I want to be covered by the duvet or I don't want to waste the energy to sit up, it works a treat.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally read in my bed before I go to sleep. I usually just hold the book. I also read in the arm chair I have in the bonus room. I normally just hold the book, unless I am reading a book while I eat, then I place it flat on the table. I read slow so I can take my time with the book and absorb the story.

Guest fireball

Now that's a "reading chair"!, nice one there Fiona. ;)

:

librarychair500x359yx3.jpg

I usually use both hands, or sometimes if it's a paperback I use my left hand or right, whichever is comfy. Sometimes when I'm out and about when I'm walking and I'm reading a book, I use both hands, both for hard/paperback; you know since moving here to Victoria (Vancouver Island), I'm not alone in that either, people are walking with their books H/Pbacks heads down and reading,! bloody brill that. It's quite a sight to behold. Altogether now :welcome:BookWorm.gif

One emoticon I really like is THIS one.

:

ABookworm.gif

Only I've a bit more hair then that bloke...just! :006:

I read at work holding the book on my knees under the desk so no-one can see it :welcome: At home I veg out on the sofa or lie in bed, I have been reading The Fiery Cross layed on my front propped up on my elbows with the book resting on my pillow - its to heavy to hold :) and I keep waking up dribbling on the pages ;) ;) must be getting old :006: