Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know there aren't any Robin Hobb fans on here (from what I remember), but I got this book in the mail today. I had completely forgotten I had ordered it last year, so it was a nice surprise!

It's a limited edition signed copy! No. 209 out of 250. I think they are an advanced copy as well as BD says the book wont be available for 254 days. I plan on buying a mass print one to read, and keeping this one in it's plastic never to be read.

This is it here:

7394c5ea16b157b56070756d2f3ca343_zpsdcab

ac5f414beed46badd36de2273f2976cf_zps8bed

Edited by Devi

I plan on buying a mass print one to read, and keeping this one in it's plastic never to be read.

Two copies of the same book?  Madness  whistling.gif  :giggle2:  ;)

This is it here:

Wow, that's gorgeous :smile:

I must try some more Hobb.  I've read the Farseer trilogy and the first Liveship book but not gone any further as yet :smile:

That's very pretty! I own a lot of Robin Hobb books but I haven't read them yet! I kind of wanted to conclude the Wheel of Time series before I start another fantasy series (as far as I know some of her books are connected to each other), will see how it goes.

That's very pretty! I own a lot of Robin Hobb books but I haven't read them yet! I kind of wanted to conclude the Wheel of Time series before I start another fantasy series (as far as I know some of her books are connected to each other), will see how it goes.

They're mostly grouped in trilogies, though, so you wouldn't be committing to a multi-book series all at once.  You could give the Farseer trilogy a go and see if you like it :smile:

They're mostly grouped in trilogies, though, so you wouldn't be committing to a multi-book series all at once.  You could give the Farseer trilogy a go and see if you like it :smile:

This is my favourite series of all her books that I have read so far! The only trilogy I haven't read of hers yet is The Rain Wild Chronicles

The only trilogy I haven't read of hers yet is The Rain Wild Chronicles

Funnily enough, in about two weeks time that will be the one that's no longer a trilogy :lol:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Dragons-Rain-Wild-Chronicles/dp/0007444133/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361952561&sr=8-1

:smile:

Funnily enough, in about two weeks time that will be the one that's no longer a trilogy :lol:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Dragons-Rain-Wild-Chronicles/dp/0007444133/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361952561&sr=8-1

:smile:

Thanks for that, I didn't even know there was a fourth book! I am awaiting the small paperback version of the third book to come out, I should actually check if it's been six months.

I know there aren't any Robin Hobb fans on here (from what I remember), but I got this book in the mail today. I had completely forgotten I had ordered it last year, so it was a nice surprise!

I love Robin Hobb. I've only read The Farseer Trilogy so far but will start the live ship trilogy this year I hope. Wow your books are lush. You must be thrilled with the signed one.

It's a limited edition signed copy! No. 209 out of 250. I think they are an advanced copy as well as BD says the book wont be available for 254 days. I plan on buying a mass print one to read, and keeping this one in it's plastic never to be read.

This is it here:

Oh wow, that's pretty. I've not heard of that book. Is it in a series? I've read her Farseer Trilogy with Fitz and only just started the Soldier Son Trilogy :D Tell us what you think of the Wheel of Time series. It's a lot of work. So many books and pages. :lol:

I love Robin Hobb. I've only read The Farseer Trilogy so far but will start the live ship trilogy this year I hope. Wow your books are lush. You must be thrilled with the signed one.

I was when I got it! :D This is my very first signed edition of a book.

I loved the Farseer and Tawny Man trilogy! I tried to read the live ship books back when i first read the lot, but couldn't get into them. I should really retry sometime this year.

Oh wow, that's pretty. I've not heard of that book. Is it in a series? I've read her Farseer Trilogy with Fitz and only just started the Soldier Son Trilogy :D Tell us what you think of the Wheel of Time series. It's a lot of work. So many books and pages. :lol:

It's related to the farseer storyline, here is a quote for you:

"One of the darkest legends in the Realm of the Elderlings recounts the tale of the so-called Piebald Prince, a Witted pretender to the throne unseated by the actions of brave nobles so that the Farseer line could continue untainted. Now the truth behind the story is revealed through the account of Felicity, a low-born companion of the Princess Caution at Buckkeep."

Not sure if it's part of a series, so far its just one novella. A surprise I bet! :giggle2:

I enjoyed the soldier son trilogy, but not as much as the Farseer tri - I think it's the best of all her work!

As for the wheel of time well feb wasn't a good reading month for me, hoping march will be better!

Edited by Devi

Ah, I think I vaguely remember the Piebald Prince being mentioned in the Farseer Trilogy. And definitely, by far her best. Admittedly, that was the first and only trilogy of her's I had read until I started the Soldier Son Trilogy.

I think the Wheel of Time series is a series that needs to be paced out. So many books all with roughly the same amount. It can be quite overwhelming to read the whole lot. I'd recommend reading other books in between just to give you a break. I read them all consecutively and felt drained and couldn't be bothered sometimes it was so long.

I'm really, really late to this (I have a lot of new posts in various reading logs by members on here to read through), but BLOODY HELL, your bookcases are beautiful! :wub: It would be a pleasure to live in that kind of surrounding :yes:

I think the Wheel of Time series is a series that needs to be paced out. So many books all with roughly the same amount. It can be quite overwhelming to read the whole lot. I'd recommend reading other books in between just to give you a break. I read them all consecutively and felt drained and couldn't be bothered sometimes it was so long.

I agree, I read them all with some time in between. It's like that for long(er) series, for me, I prefer to space it out rather than reading it all in one go (unless it's a duology or perhaps trilogy).

I'm really, really late to this (I have a lot of new posts in various reading logs by members on here to read through), but BLOODY HELL, your bookcases are beautiful! :wub: It would be a pleasure to live in that kind of surrounding :yes:

Thank you! I plan on adding a few more shelves down the track. :) I love that they are all single shelves so I can stack and move them with ease.

I've only read Megan Lindholm's Farseer trilogy and I didn't like the way

she took the talent of farseeing from Fitz. If you're going to write a series about magic, but you don't like it then write about something else.

Edited by frankie
added spoiler tags

I'd purchased two books in the last BD sale, both limited to 100 signed hardback editions. One was Robert Harris - Fear Index which arrived safely, but as for the other book, it wasn't so lucky. I have a copy of Fear Index already, but I wanted a signed edition to display.

I received an email yesterday from BD explaining how Australia Post had told them that a shipment of parcels had been water damaged during a flight, my poor book being one of them. They offered me the option to have it resent or to get a refund. I only wanted this edition as it was signed, and not to worry about sending another copy out because I already have the same book on my shelf, and I replied back saying as much.

I received a reply back from them today saying, not only are they sending me a copy of the same book (as they were unable to confirm if it is signed or not) but that I will also be receiving a refund. Which I thought was very nice of them. :)

I've decided if it's not another signed edition, than I shall donate it to my local library!

Edited by Devi

Awww sorry to hear your book got damaged :(. I hope it's signed for you, if not then hopefully your library will be able to put it to good use :). It's very nice of BD to send you a copy and refund you, I didn't know shops did things like that.

I received a reply back from them today saying, not only are they sending me a copy of the same book (as they were unable to confirm if it is signed or not) but that I will also be receiving a refund. Which I thought was very nice of them. :)

I've decided if it's not another signed edition, than I shall donate it to my local library!

That's really kind of you Devi but i hope for your sake that it turns out to be a signed copy. :smile:

I have an eye problem (ms related) which is making it hard for me to read at the moment, It's a bit of a struggle to even type this. :(