Your Book Activity ~ November 2012

Kylie

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started With Your Crooked Heart Helen Dunmore, it says on the front cover that it won the orange fiction prize so hopefully it's a good un :smile:

I'll be interested in what you think of this book Kidsmum. I like Helen Dunmore, having read the Betrayal and the Siege.

Just finished 'Her Fearful Symmetry' by Audrey Niffenegger. Not as good as Time Traveller's Wife, but good ghost story.

I'm in the (very small) minority that preferred HFS to TTTW, left me feeling very disturbed, always a great achievement for a book I think. :smile:

I finished Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden today. I found it to be a superb read, a full review will follow in my book blog thread.

Excellent book, I keep meaning to read up more about the woman who was the subject of the book as I understand she has written it from her perspective since?

NickB, you guessed correct and win the prize. Here's some cookies for you! :JC_cookies: Sorry, Frankie! Maybe Nick will share with you?

I'm having trouble staying focused on any one book right now. (For some silly reason ;)) But I have read, in no particular order, about half the essays and book reviews in Arguably Essays, by Christopher Hitchens. Was a bit shocked to discover in one I read last night that he seemed to be pro-life as opposed to pro-choice. More than a little odd coming from such a hard core liberal as he was.

Oh, still plodding through the Rushdie book. It's actually better than my slow reading might indicate, but again... Does reading about MS count as literature? :giggle:

Edited by wordsgood

NickB, you guessed correct and win the prize. Here's some cookies for you! :JC_cookies: Sorry, Frankie! Maybe Nick will share with you?

I'm having trouble staying focused on any one book right now. (For some silly reason ;)) But I have read, in no particular order, about half the essays and book reviews in Arguably Essays, by Christopher Hitchens. Was a bit shocked to discover in one I read last night that he seemed to be pro-life as opposed to pro-choice. More than a little odd coming from such a hard core liberal as he was.

Oh, still plodding through the Rushdie book. It's actually better than my slow reading might indicate, but again... Does reading about MS count as literature? :giggle:

Yay :D Of course I will share!

While sorting through my non-fiction books I found a book called Brotherhood of Warriors by Aaron Cohen which I realised I hadn't read. I thought i'd give it a shot and i'm already more than half way through it.

What did you think of the ending? I found it very disturbing.

Yes it was a bit strange....wasn't quite sure how it was going to end, but I almost felt like it finished abruptly.

I received in the post today, Bookring via Bookcrossing....'My Dear I wanted to tell you' by Louisa Young.

I finished Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched The World, it rambled a little too much about the town particularly in the first half of the book but the last third was lovely and I stayed up late last night to finish it!

Going to start Bitten by Kelley Armstrong, a copy that I was given by Chrissy over a year ago!! :)